Stunters inc Mississauga - awesome service!

Thread: Stunters inc Mississauga - awesome service!

Smile Stunters inc Mississauga - awesome service!

Hi all...just wanted to acknowledge the great service I got from Caesar at Stunters inc in Mississauga. I found out about them from GTAM and it turned out they were only 5 mins away from where I live.
    Caesar did the first maintanence on my 250R which included oil and filter change along with a tune up and installing rim stripes...overall great experience...Caesar knows his stuff and is a great guy to deal with...very friendly and easy going. I will only be taking my bike here from now on and would definitely recommend them.

Re: Stunters inc Mississauga - awesome service!

I don't deal with Stunters Inc. directly, but I go to Johnny (JohnnyP636) any time I need anything done on my bike.
    Great guy to deal with, very patient and will explain what he's doing while he's doing it.
    Nothing but good things to say about Johnny and I'm sure the same could be said about Stunters Inc.
    Mina

Where is this place?

Ive heard good things about Johnny as well
    Stunters inc is located in Mississauga check them out at www.stuntersinc.ca

Quote Originally Posted by jedininja View Post
    Caesar did the first maintanence on my 250R which included oil and filter change along with a tune up and installing rim stripes...
    What kind of "tune-up" did your bike need on it's first maintenance?
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Motorcycles come lean from the factory due to emission restrictions, so the mixture screw is plugged. On a first maintenance a good technician will drill out the plug and richen up the mixture.
    "Tune-up" can also mean the basics, lube/adjust and inspect the chain, tighten fairing bolts as they vibe off easy on the 250s and of course tire pressures. Something as simple as adjusting the throttle play will make a difference in riding, especially on carb'd bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
    What kind of "tune-up" did your bike need on it's first maintenance?
    Had to tune up his SS while getting rim tape INSTALLED... Can't you read??!! Lol

Love it though... First tune up and already found the one an only shop he will take his bike to! Lol
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

sorry guys I didnt really ask him all the details but I remember him saying he adjusted the clutches and throttle..the bike felt a lot more responsive after I took it home. I know installing rim tape is easy but it was not something I had the time or the tools (bike stand) to do correctly. In any case I just wanted to give him a good review because I felt he was a great guy to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by jedininja View Post
    sorry guys I didnt really ask him all the details but I remember him saying he adjusted the clutches and throttle..the bike felt a lot more responsive after I took it home. I know installing rim tape is easy but it was not something I had the time or the tools (bike stand) to do correctly. In any case I just wanted to give him a good review because I felt he was a great guy to deal with.
    Quite understandable. Judging from what you are saying ^^ he probably adjusted the Clutch and Throttle cables.

Just be carefully what gets done at shops. Always ask and don't be afraid to ask specifics. If someone says they did a "tune-up" that usually means, Oil, Oil Filter, Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, etc....and shouldn't need to be done until well over 10-15k kms. (depending on the bike)

Something like adjusting cables should be free of charge with an oil change.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

Thanks slowbird will remember that for next time.

I can't wait until I go to these guys to do my valve adjustment, and my spring tune-up.

A few more months away,.
    Z ex six are

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
    Quite understandable. Judging from what you are saying ^^ he probably adjusted the Clutch and Throttle cables.

Just be carefully what gets done at shops. Always ask and don't be afraid to ask specifics. If someone says they did a "tune-up" that usually means, Oil, Oil Filter, Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, etc....and shouldn't need to be done until well over 10-15k kms. (depending on the bike)

Something like adjusting cables should be free of charge with an oil change.
    why should adjusting cables be free with an oil change ??? thats a little un-heard of. maybe bike depending........
    oil changes are quick and generally any and all included work during an oil change should be quick as well.
    for example........ removing 4 or so extra panels and a fuel tank on a zx14, just to adjust the throttle cables. would never be included. how could it. if I went to a shop that was even willing to do that for free with an oil change, I'd be seriously questioning that shops hunger for customers.

the only included cable adjusting is clutch cable and upper clip on style throttle cables.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo cruz View Post
    why should adjusting cables be free with an oil change ??? thats a little un-heard of. maybe bike depending........
    Yes. Bike depending. The Majority of cable adjusts I've done have been simple...Clutch cable or throttle cable (at the RH controls).

Obviously if it's a more involved process the shop would explain that to the customer and let them decide if they want to pay a little more to get the job done.

From what I have read, the cable adjusting on the OP's bike is easy peasy.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

Adjusting ANY cables are not hard to do at all, nor is it time consuming. I'm sorry but a newbie rider should be directed and guided to what is a 'safe' and proper adjustment of ANYTHING.
    After atleast 1 full season (lots of clicks), then a rider can start seeing what works for him/her.

As a licenced mechanic I'm sick of seeing these newbies mimic veteran riders, or think they know everything and start riding with unsafe setups. Trust Cesare and Stunters Inc. to tailor tune-ups and setups to the riders level of skill and experience.
    Last edited by topdeadcentre; 01-10-2012 at 03:00 AM.