Did the Gov make a mistake..?

Thread: Did the Gov make a mistake..?

Did the Gov make a mistake..?

Hey

So I currently have a G1 and M2 licence, I've been waiting on a new licence for about a month an a half,so I went to service ontario, asked whats going on, has it been sent etc, they told me I dont recive a new licence(plastic) for an M2, and that I just use my temp licence(paper) did someone make a mistake? or is she lying. any advice,comments,help would be helpful

-cpgop

Re: Did the Gov make a mistake..?

She definitley doesn't know what she is talking about or she is mixing up M1 with M2. You do recieve an actual license for M2, not just a temporary piece of paper. Go back and talk to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Ya... M2 is good for a max of 5 years. They expect you to keep the paper one for 5 years? Like throttle said, she's confused with M1 (which you don't get a new license for)
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

I was mailed a new license when I got my M1 (GM1), AND when I got my M2 (GM2). When I called and asked the Ministry of Transportation, they told me that the computer system automatically prints and puts a request to send new plastic to the driver every time a change is made to their driving status.

You only get a paper temp license for m1 and g1, but for m2 you will get a real plastic one. Mine took about six weeks to come in the mail from the date when i turned in my papers saying i passed the m2 exit at the riding school.

PS - the ministry people who work the desks at the offices have no clue about anything it seems. I didn't have a G of any sort, so this summer when i wrote my m1 the guy at the counter asked if i wanted to write the g1 at the same time. I said no as i was short on time. So two months later, afer passing my m2 exit and going back i said can i write the g1 now, and the lady tells me no.. it's ok you don't need a g1 now since you have you're m2, and that i could just go take my g2 driving test 1 year from the day i passed the m1 (even though the m1 is not the same as a g1 test, it has car related questions) i said are you sure? and she said yes.. ok so i went on my way..

Feeling that she was wrong, i went back a month later and asked another girl there, and she said no. thats wrong, but she still said i don't have to write a g1 anymore, but that the g2 driving test could be booked a year after i passed my m2, so a full two months later than the m1 which the other woman told me. I am still feeling the second woman is wrong as well. I know that with an m2 you are allowed to drive car with the g1 conditions, but to book/take the actual g2 driving test a year later i am sure you must have written the seperate g1 exam as well. I asked two girls there that day and they both said no. So come next Sept when i go to book my g2 test i'm gonna be pretty ****** if i find out i waited a year and then they say oh.. you didn't write your g1... i should have asked for it in writing and for their names i guess. I have looked online, made calls etc. and still have not got a positive answer on the subject. I really think they are wrong, because the g1 written test costs $35, yet the m1 is only $17, so why would the money hungry gov let people get away with only paying for the cheaper test if that is all you have to do?
    Last edited by Johnny5; 11-19-2011 at 07:21 AM.

I was told your G1 count starts from the day you turn in your M2 papers. I was also allowed to book my G2 test. The M1 test is just the G1 test with a sheet of questions for the M1 attached.
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

if you want to get correct answers go to a location that was just (and often still primarily is) an MTO location before the service ontario crap came out. location in toronto i can think off the top of my head is eglinton just east of kipling and if it's still there kipling & queensway
    x

what find nowadays that most of them, if not all are franchise and they don't seem to have all the same knowledge (they should) when i tried to register my bike, one of them insist that i apraise my bike cause of the age (1987). I decide to take it to another one, and they took all my papers and processed it.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    if you want to get correct answers go to a location that was just (and often still primarily is) an MTO location before the service ontario crap came out. location in toronto i can think off the top of my head is eglinton just east of kipling and if it's still there kipling & queensway
    Theres another one at Sheppard and Yonge.
    But agreed you may fine you are teaching them a thing or two. Like explain how motorcycles dont require a drive clean certificate etc. They know cars, the dont know much about bikes.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

I have my G1M2, they only give you the sheet of paper for your M2 until your plastic license arrives.

The person at service Ontario must be confused with the M1.