State Farm hurting for business?

Thread: State Farm hurting for business?

State Farm hurting for business?

I got a quote from them over a year ago. Laughed at how ridiculous it was, went with Primmum instead. The rep from the office I called last year cold called me today looking to win me over with the "promise of a better quote." I've never had an insurance company do this. Ever. They must be hurting for business or something up here in Brampton.

Re: State Farm hurting for business?

people this time of year slow down and want to make their year end bonuses

Statefarm is losing a lot of business as their financial were impacted with a lot of fradulent claims which they have to raise their rates for.

Only thing it means is the person is a good salesperson who keeps following up until you buy from them
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4

Hopefully that means they will lower the insurance on my car when it's up for renewal next spring, otherwise I'll be shopping around. They have good rates for the bikes, but the car ... ! ! !

They give a kickass house insurance rate to my dad apparently. No one even came close.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    They give a kickass house insurance rate to my dad apparently. No one even came close.
    Same here.. Nobody could come close to their rate for my house.
    99 R1, SS Swing Arm, Mag rims, wolf undertail exaust... and more toys not going to mention.
    02 Gsxr 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Hopefully that means they will lower the insurance on my car when it's up for renewal next spring, otherwise I'll be shopping around. They have good rates for the bikes, but the car ... ! ! !
    I had the same experience - they couldn't touch my car's rate and the difference wasn't worth switching for.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    I had the same experience - they couldn't touch my car's rate and the difference wasn't worth switching for.
    The quote they gave me for my car was higher than I pay with my car somewhere else and my bike at statefarm together.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    The quote they gave me for my car was higher than I pay with my car somewhere else and my bike at statefarm together.
    Similar here... They were $2000 more for my Impreza than our current carrier. They smoke the competition for me on a ZX14 though, at least last year
    I wish my lawn was Emo- so it would cut itself!

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHogg View Post
    Same here.. Nobody could come close to their rate for my house.
    Bet you guys didn't try TD Insurance. They are well known in the insurance industry for their cheap house rates. Their car and bike rates are average, but their house insurance prices seem to be untouchable.

Try their online calculator and see how what you pay stacks up.

lol... The same thing here. Their actuaries need to start doing their jobs.

What ticks me off is that they don't offer the multi vehicle discount if you have multiple bikes. Cars - yes, bikes -No.

Quote Originally Posted by kiterider View Post
    lol... The same thing here. Their actuaries need to start doing their jobs.

What ticks me off is that they don't offer the multi vehicle discount if you have multiple bikes. Cars - yes, bikes -No.
    They also don't offer the multi vehicle discount for one bike and one car. They deem the bike as recreational or whatever their terminology is and therefore not entitled to the discount.

They also don't offer the multi vehicle discount for one bike and one car. They deem the bike as recreational or whatever their terminology is and therefore not entitled to the discount.
    Not sure about what your agent said, but mine will - i.e. discount the bike; not too sure about the car?
    However, I don't save anything by switching; In fact, it's a bit more expensive. The price difference by bringing my car over from allstate negates any savings. I think it's bumps my total by $400 a year, that too after getting nearly a 50% reduction on my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
    They must be hurting for business or something up here in Brampton.
    They are hurting for profitable business. The price hikes of late made me switched, so I'd definitely say they are hurting financially, but I am sure they are just not looking for any business, because that will not help them crawl out of a hole.

They have not called me yet, and I made them a lot of money in 4 years .... LOL They would have to really show me a good rate for me to bother with all the paperwork etc. Having said that I'd switch in a heartbeat to anyone who gives me a good rate, because there's no such thing as customer loyalty anymore. They want me to be loyal, but when an increase comes they hit everyone with it, so definitely no loyalty on their side ....

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post

Bet you guys didn't try TD Insurance. They are well known in the insurance industry for their cheap house rates. Their car and bike rates are average, but their house insurance prices seem to be untouchable.

Try their online calculator and see how what you pay stacks up.

TD barely beat my SF house rates. I told TD you better match it at least if you want me to switch. There's a lot of variables, you cannot generalize like that in my opinion. TD beat bike and car (by a lot) btw that's where the savings came from. We will see next year ... LOL might be different story.