New Supermoto Club in 2012

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Supermoto Club in 2012

New Supermoto Club in 2012

I just wanted to mention a new web site to watch over the winter months, have a look at supermotoontario.com

This is a bunch of dedicated supermoto riders working together building a Club and to create a specific location to ride your SM bikes without travelling hours across the Province. It is in development at the moment but continually gets updated with new info, they have secured a location and are moving forward with the Club as an organization.
    It looks like it will be run as a come and ride facility without race or huge fee's involved, street tards or full on SM race bikes welcome !! all for fun and a place to ride.

Note: I am not trying to move GTA riders to a new forum as there is none there, this is just a heads up to all the Supermoto riders out there looking for a place to ride. These guys are finally putting something together for us all to enjoy.

Check it out, looks good so far show some support so we can ride locally for fun !! and watch the site for new details as they come available.

Pete

Re: New Supermoto Club in 2012

That's fantastic, track-to-be is only a half hour from me.

at this time yesterday i was 100% selling my bike, i only put 4 hours on it this summer, everything is just to far, but now, hmmmmmmmmmm

73 kms from my door, sounds awesome
    Last edited by chadta; 11-18-2011 at 06:40 PM.

While I wasn't selling the bike, I WAS selling the SM gear for it as I just wasn't willing to make the LONG treks required to ride it on a track... that's officially on hold as of right now!

Quote Originally Posted by chadta View Post
    at this time yesterday i was 100% selling my bike, i only put 4 hours on it this summer, everything is just to far, but now, hmmmmmmmmmm

73 kms from my door, sounds awesome

I've been to the location prior to this news for a "pit stop", I live near Yonge and 401 - it takes about an hour 20 plus-minus (traffic, go figure...lol) the exit is right there to the place, by the looks of the pictures on their site it will match or be larger than Hershey - if any of you know/knew that place and more dirt.
    I can't wait myself, and if they run 1-2 per month as noted - plenty of seat time folks !!
    Hang on to your gear or gear up, this has the potential to ride to and from for some, ditch the signals and lights as required (when an official tech is posted) and rip !

Lets help these guys out and spread the word - maybe we'll see something at an upcoming bike show for more details?

Pete

Awesome! I'm new to supermoto. Picked up a 690 smc. Already been to the Mosport RDT track, but would love to learn how to ride properly, as well as on the dirt. Hope they'll have some instructors too.
    "It was a mechanical problem with my right hand applying the brake when it shouldn't have."

That looks like a very respectable effort. Website looks professional and the thought of having a sumo track within an hour from my house ... wow.

Any idea who is behind this? Are these guys former pro riders?

Sweet! Even from my place in scarborough this would be closer then Shanny. This looks promising
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Can't wait for this.

This is a group of current Ontario Supermoto riders who are regulars in the series for the past 3-4 years. Like many of us wanting to improve the scene, they took the effort to build this venue for next season, the track design is being drawn out before they break soil so i bet it will be great - both pavement and dirt.

Good question about instructors - don't know about that, however, pretty much any SM rider will help another out ! This group will definately be available for tips and bench racing - I know them, great people.

Oh, just heard the whole area was re-paved and will have at least a season and half to settle before it gets ridden on.
    Check out the site for updated info and details - I do!

Pete

This is awesome. Just got a bike and looking to get back in the game!!!!!
    Great to see an effort like this, count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by supermoto specialties View Post
    Oh, just heard the whole area was re-paved and will have at least a season and half to settle before it gets ridden on.
    Check out the site for updated info and details - I do!
    So I guess it wont be rideable next season.

Lemme know if I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    So I guess it wont be rideable next season.
    I am pretty sure he counts 4 seasons in a year ... Hopefully, otherwise the title should have said 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by supermoto specialties View Post
    This is a group of current Ontario Supermoto riders who are regulars in the series for the past 3-4 years. Like many of us wanting to improve the scene, they took the effort to build this venue for next season, the track design is being drawn out before they break soil so i bet it will be great - both pavement and dirt.
    I hope that you will be able to run it in asphalt only mode ..... I still feel, let say not very confident, using street tires on dirt ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Lemme know if I can help.
    So you are not involved?

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    I am pretty sure he counts 4 seasons in a year ... Hopefully, otherwise the title should have said 2013.
    I hope you're right.

MXS is correct yeah I count 4 seasons in a year. NOTEING a season and a half - therefore more than 1 full year, once operational in 2012 it will be great.

There is a TON of hard work going into this, be nice please. You can always go to the web site and follow the updates and wait for the official launch.

Asphalt only section unknown at this time, again checking the web site you can post questions etc. Ask.

-Thanks Recip - will pass the offer on.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I will be checking the site often.

It was more of a wish to have asphalt only ability .... I don't mind dirt, but not on the tires I normally run on the street legal bike.

No worries MXS, think of it though - most SM racers use full slicks in the dirt ! yes they have experience, however, they had to start somewhere too. Actually a treaded street tire might give you a slight traction advantage simply because it will bit the soil a bit better. Have you ridden on a dirt road before with this set up ? pretty much the same only no stones...lol. The dirt is hard paced in most areas with a bit of loose stuff on top, if there is no pavement only don't be worried, this is a practice and lapping facility and just about all the riders (I know) who will show up will be more than helpful with questions and concerns like yours (the dirt on street tires thing) stay tuned and check it out when it opens, you're already hooked and don't even know it yet...lol

Pete