New Supermoto Club in 2012

Thread: New Supermoto Club in 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Supermoto Club in 2012

I just wanted to mention a new web site to watch over the winter months, have a look at supermotoontario.com

This is a bunch of dedicated supermoto riders working together building a Club and to create a specific location to ride your SM bikes without travelling hours across the Province. It is in development at the moment but continually gets updated with new info, they have secured a location and are moving forward with the Club as an organization.
    It looks like it will be run as a come and ride facility without race or huge fee's involved, street tards or full on SM race bikes welcome !! all for fun and a place to ride.

Note: I am not trying to move GTA riders to a new forum as there is none there, this is just a heads up to all the Supermoto riders out there looking for a place to ride. These guys are finally putting something together for us all to enjoy.

Check it out, looks good so far show some support so we can ride locally for fun !! and watch the site for new details as they come available.

Pete

Re: New Supermoto Club in 2012

That's fantastic, track-to-be is only a half hour from me.

at this time yesterday i was 100% selling my bike, i only put 4 hours on it this summer, everything is just to far, but now, hmmmmmmmmmm

73 kms from my door, sounds awesome
    Last edited by chadta; 11-18-2011 at 06:40 PM.

While I wasn't selling the bike, I WAS selling the SM gear for it as I just wasn't willing to make the LONG treks required to ride it on a track... that's officially on hold as of right now!

Quote Originally Posted by chadta View Post
    at this time yesterday i was 100% selling my bike, i only put 4 hours on it this summer, everything is just to far, but now, hmmmmmmmmmm

73 kms from my door, sounds awesome

I've been to the location prior to this news for a "pit stop", I live near Yonge and 401 - it takes about an hour 20 plus-minus (traffic, go figure...lol) the exit is right there to the place, by the looks of the pictures on their site it will match or be larger than Hershey - if any of you know/knew that place and more dirt.
    I can't wait myself, and if they run 1-2 per month as noted - plenty of seat time folks !!
    Hang on to your gear or gear up, this has the potential to ride to and from for some, ditch the signals and lights as required (when an official tech is posted) and rip !

Lets help these guys out and spread the word - maybe we'll see something at an upcoming bike show for more details?

Pete

Awesome! I'm new to supermoto. Picked up a 690 smc. Already been to the Mosport RDT track, but would love to learn how to ride properly, as well as on the dirt. Hope they'll have some instructors too.
    "It was a mechanical problem with my right hand applying the brake when it shouldn't have."