Track Schools...Any New Ones? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Track Schools...Any New Ones?

Re: Track Schools...Any New Ones?

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    I wouldn't be nervous on the 600 as that's what I ride, I would actually prefer to have my bike on the track.
    I did both Turn2 and Racer5...
    Racer5 would be more preferable to start with.
    Really, first day or two you gonna hate this damn 125, but when you will start feel that bike on the third day it will give you back a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
    I believe they're done for the year after this month. In Las Vegas right now. They'll probably be posting their next season's schedule soon. They have their pricing and everything up on their website:

http://www.superbikeschool.com/

I call first dibs on Keith Code! LOL!
    I took CCS level 1 and 2 at New Jersey Motorsport Park (NJMP) this past summer. Although it may seem expensive, I found the course valuable. I can't wait to do level 3 and 4 to step up my game. Oh, and it may be just me, but I noticed many of the turns at NJMP very similar to Calabogie, so I memorize the lines pretty quickly.

Stormcat- I highly recommend taking a CSS course
    -> Jeremy W <-
    -Honda CBR250R (MC17) <- Soon to be 'For Sale'
    -Honda VFR400R (NC30)
    -Suzuki GSX-R600 (K7)

I call first dibs on Keith Code! LOL!
    Been to California superbike at Watkins glen,mid Ohio and las Vegas. It's very good. You want Keith code? You like ex heroin addicts who are feminine, angry and follow scientology? Great school but he doesn't make it. The instructors, bikes and locations do. He kinda drifts in and out and I have never seen him on a bike
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4

He kinda looks like David Bowie and chicks dig Bowie.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnythebull View Post
    Been to California superbike at Watkins glen,mid Ohio and las Vegas. It's very good. You want Keith code? You like ex heroin addicts who are feminine, angry and follow scientology? Great school but he doesn't make it. The instructors, bikes and locations do. He kinda drifts in and out and I have never seen him on a bike
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    How is it the same price for four days with Racer 5 as one day with FAST?
    when i signed up with Racer5 they were doing a special, $599.99+tax for stages 1-3 (regular price was $759.99+tax).
    1980 Yamaha SR500 (CURRENT)
    2008 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
    2005 Honda 600rr (SOLD)

Anyone want to get a group together to go to the US and start the California Superbike School with me?
    Count me in for next season. I was thinking Thunderbolt in Jersey, though anywhere would be good as long as I can find half decent airfares.

anyone interested in doing the thunderbolt days as a group? I saw the May dates for 2012 on their site..thinking of doing the 3 day session. I've got a motorhome so I might just drive down for it and trailer the bike...damn everyone putting these thoughts in my head..
    2004 R1150RTP
    1998 Ducati 944

Keep me posted - wanted to try N.J. IF it isn't the long weekend.

can anyone explain that superbike school pricing to me?

Here's how I understand it.

They offer 2 day camps at $2350 for two days. That includes the bike, and their special purpose bikes. Student to instructor ratio is something like 2:1, you end up with way more track time too.

they offer 1 day single phase courses (prices vary by track but Thunderbolt is $450 your bike, $675 their bike). Student to instructor ratio is something is way more but not sure the exact number.
    2004 R1150RTP
    1998 Ducati 944

Quote Originally Posted by atss2006 View Post
    Student to instructor ratio is something is way more but not sure the exact number.
    Think it's 3:1 (vs 2:1 for the two day camps).

Has someone figured out how to get health insurance on a US track? Many people stopped going to US tracks because they couldn't live with the potential liability of a crash.

I'd have to double check but you're not racing, you're attending a motorcycle training school. I would think its no different than going on a motorcycle trip thru the states. If you were going to race I would expect it might be different.
    2004 R1150RTP
    1998 Ducati 944

Quote Originally Posted by atss2006 View Post
    I'd have to double check but you're not racing, you're attending a motorcycle training school. I would think its no different than going on a motorcycle trip thru the states. If you were going to race I would expect it might be different.
    It's a huge difference. You are on a track. If your class was in a parking lot or public roads you should be covered, as soon as you go on a track, everything changes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Has someone figured out how to get health insurance on a US track? Many people stopped going to US tracks because they couldn't live with the potential liability of a crash.
    I'm also very interested in the answer to this question.

Okay I did a random insurance call up. Google found me Manulife.
    I asked about restrictions/limitations on the policies. Told them specifically it was for a motorcycle training course.
    They are VERY vague to the point of being shady. surprise surprise..insurance being shady (insurance agents please don't start complaining to me).
    I was told there was an exception. "participation in a motorized speed contest".
    I told them is a motorcycle training school and not a race. They told me they did not know if a school was a speed contest. I would have to make that call. I repeatably asked for clarification and was told repeatedly there was not clarification.
    So...in English as per they're exception it would be okay and you'd be covered but being insurance..you never know.
    If anyone else gets a hold of any companies and finds out let us know.
    2004 R1150RTP
    1998 Ducati 944

First hand experience - crashed at "Penguin Racing School" in New Hampshire (at New Hampshire Motor Speedway). U.S. Hospital bills were paid by the insurance that comes with simply having Visa Gold Card or Amex Platinum in your wallet. When in hospital I was asked by the insurance company claims person if I was "racing", because that's what the ambulance report said. I said "no, I wasn't racing, I was taking a motorcycle riding course at a track. I was not in any kind of a race - not against people or against a clock." They said okay and paid. That was good, because it's very very expensive - so expensive that they dispatched a Lear Jet from Toronto to come and get me and drop me in an Ontario hospital as soon as I was able to fly!
    "Age will flatten a man": Ed Tom Bell

I called my work coverage and another. Underwritten by Co-Operatives and Rotyal Sun Alliance.

BOTH said I was covered medically, but understandably the bike isn't.

And, as I've said before, my private Ontario Blue Cross medical insurance policy covers me. Or so they say!!!
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Manulife claims I'm covered, but I would get something in writing before I left for sure