Got Into an Accident on the Cage..

Thread: Got Into an Accident on the Cage..

Got Into an Accident on the Cage..

Mod's pls delete thread, thanks for the responses everyone
    Last edited by vinehanger; 11-15-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Re: Got Into an Accident on the Cage..

I fail to see why you got any ticket at all. Did you admit some fault to the cop? Why did you even get a 154 ticket when you didn't even change lanes? Surely skidding out of control due to hydro planing can't be a ticketable offence.

Sorry, can't help on the insurance policy issue.

I didn't admit anything to the cop. I said my car slipped due to the rain and hey, why not ticket me ? I fully intend to fight that charge, but that's not what I'm really worried about.

I wouldn't worry at all about the winter tire discount. And there is no chance this will affect any payment made towards the fence. You're okay on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Cycle View Post
    I wouldn't worry at all about the winter tire discount. And there is no chance this will affect any payment made towards the fence. You're okay on this.
    Wouldn't saying you have winter tires on your car and getting a discount on your insurance and then having an accident because of crappy non-winter tires on when you are supposed to have the winters on some sort of lying to your insurance or giving false information?
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

First off I hope you are ok and I'm happy that you only took out a fence and didn't hit anyone. Also, sorry your car might be a right off.

I think you might need to take ILR Car Control School... they teach you how to deal with getting your car back into control when something like this happens... Also don't you need to be going faster than 50km/hr to Hydroplane???
    Last edited by rafiki911; 11-15-2011 at 09:03 AM.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Yes hydroplaning can happen under 50 kph especially if the tires are bald as OP stated his were. I would hope the adjuster does not notice the worn out and unsafe tires.

- no snow tires as per Ins agreement
    - bald tires, and in the rain at that
    - got a ticket which may build case saying driver was at fault
    - hmmmmmm??
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

Is you winter tire discount with the Infinity or Corolla?
    Might be a write off, if your rad, engine etc all that fun stuff got pushed back, leaks? What year is your Infinity-what are they going for now?

*Was in a accident about 3 weeks ago. I was looking up airbag deployment for my car. Its roughly around 35km/k that they would go off in a direct impact into a non movable object. Seeing both of your go off, I would think you hit at a pretty high speed and it wasn't a direct dead on front impact. Look up what it would be for your car then you guesstimate how fast you slid in at...Hope the situation turns out good for you as it did for me

I'd say you're screwed. If it's in writing your car must have winter tires for the policy to be valid and you signed it, the insurance has to cover the property damage with your liabity but don't have to fix your car since you ignored the agreed terms of your policy.
    New to me for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Cycle View Post
    ^^ I would go with this as the correct answer. Platinum_Cycle is a long-time claims adjuster and knows this stuff well. Everything else in this thread is hearsay.

Although the insurer wanted you to have your winters on in November, they won't be unreasonable. With the recent warm weather we've had, summer tires would be safer than winters anyway. I wouldn't worry if it were me in your situation.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    ^^ I would go with this as the correct answer. Platinum_Cycle is a long-time claims adjuster and knows this stuff well. Everything else in this thread is hearsay.

Although the insurer wanted you to have your winters on in November, they won't be unreasonable. With the recent warm weather we've had, summer tires would be safer than winters anyway. I wouldn't worry if it were me in your situation.
    I wouldnt say that the summer tires were safer:
    1 - OP states summer tires are bald
    2 - Winter Tires should be used when temperature is at 7 Celcius and Below - http://toronto.weatherstats.ca/periods/2weeks.html - Except yesterday and today the temperature has been below 7.

I wish I could get winter tires for my bike because they are definitely feeling hard these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gnatwest View Post
    I wouldnt say that the summer tires were safer:
    1 - OP states summer tires are bald
    2 - Winter Tires should be used when temperature is at 7 Celcius and Below - http://toronto.weatherstats.ca/periods/2weeks.html - Except yesterday and today the temperature has been below 7.

I wish I could get winter tires for my bike because they are definitely feeling hard these days.
    I meant to compare summer and winter tires of equal condition, but I know what you're saying. I once got stuck with summer (not all-season) tires and two inches of ice/snow with a RWD BMW . . . SCARIEST DRIVE OF MY LIFE! Even cars with all seasons were having trouble making it up hills that day.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)