Need Help Quick! Insurance Q

Thread: Need Help Quick! Insurance Q

Need Help Quick! Insurance Q

Hi, stupid me decided to arrange a visit to see an older bike before getting an insurance quote, now before you flame me - I just want to know whether or not I can even insure the bike to put it on the road.

I was wondering if any of you would be able to give me the yes or no answer, or point me in the right direction.

The bike is a 1965 Honda C200, I was so convinced it was streetable that I forgot to get a quote, and when I hopped on John Duffy tonight, it wasn't listed. Now I'm worried.

Help!

yes, I know - stupid.

Re: Need Help Quick! Insurance Q

Talk to a Jevco broker. Hope you're a good mechanic.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

they will most likely insure you, i have an uninsured 1965 ducati. many years ago i had it through vintage insurance, the name of the company has slipped the mind though.

State Farm can make a policy for unlisted bikes. Call Katherine at (866) 930-1221 and she'll get ya insured no probs!

Xtina

all you did was see the bike... theres nothing stupid there... unless you bought the bike... now that wouldnt be too suave. as stated above, statefarm and jevco will hook you up.
    go to the december bike show, there is always a vintage bike area, ask around i am sure those guys would be able to point you in the right direction.
    2008 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2009 Triumph Street Triple
    2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
    2004 Yamaha YZ-125
    2002 Yamaha TTR-225
    2001 Yamaha TTR-125L

Online quote systems will often have the most common and current bikes. It's only there to help reduce the amount of calls that office would get for simple quotes.

In your case, it should still be a simple quote, but with a bike that's not common so it needs to be done manually.
    Don't freak out. Just call. Alexander Graham Bell was a great man and invented something amazing called a telephone.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011

jevco broker like RetroGrouch said.

Here's contact for a company that will sort you out:

Tel: 1-888-385-8466
    www.daltontimmis.com

Quote Originally Posted by poo_head View Post
    Hi, stupid me decided to arrange a visit to see an older bike before getting an insurance quote, now before you flame me - I just want to know whether or not I can even insure the bike to put it on the road.

I was wondering if any of you would be able to give me the yes or no answer, or point me in the right direction.

The bike is a 1965 Honda C200, I was so convinced it was streetable that I forgot to get a quote, and when I hopped on John Duffy tonight, it wasn't listed. Now I'm worried.

Help!

yes, I know - stupid.
    No worries. We'll be able to insure it. Give us a call if you're having a problem with the web quote. Thanks.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957