How to start tracking? - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How to start tracking?

Re: How to start tracking?

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Don"t buy a suit off E-Bay unless you are 100% sure that size fits you. I get an endless amouts of people buying suits and then want the 46 made into a 40 or vice versa. Not worth it. Go try it on,,don"t save a nickle to spend a $100! I'm talking from the traffic I get. I have yet to see a suit crashed beyond repair,,,I have seen many suits neglected and eventually beyond repair. Or medical cut offs. Buy a suit that fits,,,then buy some decent armour to go inside.You can allways put it in the next suit. Get a decent back protector from a company that specializes in making back protectors and not a Chinese CE knock off.
    Buy used, get it cleaned and conditioned [not by a dry cleaners either]
    Doesn"t matter if it is a $4000 suit,,if it does not fit right it does not work!. So spend what you can afford but look after it. A $4000 custom suit with dry rot is no better then a $700 conditioned suit! And yes,, some people just have to buy custom,,fact.
    And don't buy a one piece suit for the track based on the size of your street riding jacket either. Otherwise it'll be another trip to Courtice. Track wear and street wear will fit differently.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

I have yet to see a suit crashed beyond repair,,, Get a decent back protector from a company that specializes in making back protectors and not a Chinese CE knock off.
    I actually asked you last year when I brought my suit and asked if I can get it repaired but you said it probably not worth it. The area on the suit around the knee armour was all torn up and holes everywhere. Maybe any suit is repairable but not all suits are worth repairing?

It's hard to say what is a Chinese knock off....considering brands like Spyke suits...KNOX back protectors are made in China.

advice from personal experience when buying used.

Even if you find a deal and fall in love with the one piece, if it is a size to small or doesn't fit you properly don't buy it, once you put in your back protector you won't be able to move properly, it will affect your ability to hang of the bike and affect overall track performance, also it will tire you faster than normal since you are restricted.

that's right I am blaming it all on my suit

seriously, find something that fits you

in the same note, I have a size 42 Nexxo 1piece for sale with 5 track days on it only, cheap, dark color
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Nice plug! Price and location?

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Nice plug! Price and location?
    pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by Jia View Post
    I actually asked you last year when I brought my suit and asked if I can get it repaired but you said it probably not worth it. The area on the suit around the knee armour was all torn up and holes everywhere. Maybe any suit is repairable but not all suits are worth repairing?

It's hard to say what is a Chinese knock off....considering brands like Spyke suits...KNOX back protectors are made in China.
    "I have yet to see a suit crashed beyond repair,,,I have seen many suits neglected and eventually beyond repair."

I have seen many suits crashed multiple times and not repaired,,,,,,,beyond repair.
    Well anything can be fixed.$$$$ I see so many suits each year so I can"t remember but usually the leather is worn and neglected so it is dry and has no structural integrity. I could fix it but ethically ,,once the leather is dryed out,,you are not safe. So rather then leave you with a false sense of security and a lighter wallet,,,just thinking!.Sometimes ,something happens from a small crash that gets ignored,,add a second third and now it's a huge issue. Age,sweat,UV,neglected prior crash damage all play a part in excelling the degradation. Those qualities will determine what I can do for you and sleep at night.
    Also some damage is just too severe or complicated to do during the prime season. So get the stuff fixed in the off season. Understand these suits are getting more and more complicated. Thus,, more and more time to repair right.
    Spyke,Knox,Dainese,Forcefield are all name brand players with more to loose then XYZ company. North America is a dumping ground for cheap ,no value knock-offs.Especiallly in armour. Knox and Forcefield,,,armour is thier business.
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

Spyke,Knox,Dainese,Forcefield are all name brand players with more to loose then XYZ company. North America is a dumping ground for cheap ,no value knock-offs.Especiallly in armour. Knox and Forcefield,,,armour is thier business.
    I'm currently using a Knox Aegis back protector.

I'd like to see some of the armour that comes in other suits. If i have time I'll zip by my storage locker tonight and take some pics of the shoulder armour (easiest to remove and see) that's in my Arlen Ness suit.

I'm definatly going to be looking to upgrade the armour in my Joe Rocket suit. After my little get off the inside of my knee got hit by the bike just behind the pad and I'm still walking funny.... I need to have some adjustments made to the suit and a cleaning so why not get it all done at once. I'll be giving John a call for this.

Not sure if I'll be going to the Dec. show but the Jan. show for sure!
    I plan on doing the Racer5 Intro package, stage 1,2 and 3!
    Who else is signing up!?
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    Who else is signing up!?
    Good decision!

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    Who else is signing up!?
    I really want to but my damn fiancé told me we need to save for the wedding. So my dream to be a track star is put on hold.

I really want to but my damn fiancé told me we need to save for the wedding. So my dream to be a track star is put on hold.
    mine told me to buy a track bike with the money from the wedding presents

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Mine came with me to 2 trackdays at Mosport 2 days after our wedding!

Mine says I should go down south this winter and ride some track down there so i don't have to wait til Spring and is in full support of me getting a 2nd bike as a track-only machine.
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale

She sounds like a *****.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Exactly what I did! I actually sold my bike on our honeymoon and almost bought one too lol. She's also a pro stopwatcher and stand getter.

alright dammit i need a wife!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    She sounds like a *****.
    Na she's great but just a bit too practical. She said once we get enough money for our wedding budget then I can save for whatever I want. So I told her I'll be saving for track and hookers.

Na she's great but just a bit too practical. She said once we get enough money for our wedding budget then I can save for whatever I want. So I told her I'll be saving for track and hookers.
    Just go down to city hall and get hitched.

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    alright dammit i need a wife!
    Pics or it didn't happen.