MotoGP 2012 - Page 7

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2012

Re: MotoGP 2012

Quote Originally Posted by boarder360 View Post
    Says he had arm pump...
    I would say that he didn't manage his tires properly by pushing to hard at the beginning and having nothing left at the end. Arm pump....what a joke.

He could easily have arm......Lorenzo, Spies have had surgery for it.........surprised Stoner didn't have it taken care if over the off season though?????

Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will be the last season Rossi rides the Ducati. Has got to be kicking himself for switching teams for more money. http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/20...-I-wanted.html
    2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Current
    2004 Suzuki GS500F - Sold

According to Stoner the severe front end chatter required so much muscling to control that by the end he had developped serious arm pump

I can't understand why anyone still watches Moto GP on tv rather than via the Dorna /MotoGP website. It costs about the same as one movie a month during race season. No interruptions,no commercials and loads of extra material not available anywhere else that can be accessed 24/7.

Its like a smart phone is to two cans and a string

Finally got around to watching the PVR.

Great race! Hope the rest of the season is this exciting. Good job Crutchlow in the final stages.

Last edited by RC8BOY; 04-09-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael C View Post
    According to Stoner the severe front end chatter required so much muscling to control that by the end he had developped serious arm pump

I can't understand why anyone still watches Moto GP on tv rather than via the Dorna /MotoGP website. It costs about the same as one movie a month during race season. No interruptions,no commercials and loads of extra material not available anywhere else that can be accessed 24/7.

Its like a smart phone is to two cans and a string
    Yea second season with the MotoGP video pass, expensive but worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Well I just have to say I'm happy the 2012 season is here. All 3 classes had great races, though at first the MotoGP class looked like last year with Stoner, Lorenzo, and Pedrosa in the front. Glad some excitement occurred within the last few laps lol
    As for the previous comments on personality, one of my faves are Colin Edwards and Ben Spies, those two are a hoot! Colin gives awesome interviews and no BS with him. Also the two of these guys go back and forth on 'Twitter' and it can be entertaining.

As for the championship it's early to tell, but IMO anyone but Stoner.... He has great speed and he is very talented, I just can't cheer for him.........

I have a hope for Rossi...... That being said I'm not holding my breath for a championship with him and Ducati.

The 3 week wait until Jerez almost seems longer than waiting all winter!
    " Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul "

watching stoner give it up to lorenzo was better than Christmas morning, he's incredibly talented, I just cant get excited for him. arm pump, have you seen his missus?? if hes ever arm pumping, hes more a poofter than i thought........

Spies is learning being the fast fish in a shallow pond is easier, now he has to swim with really big fish and it aint easy. watching reruns of Lorenzo must keep him up at night.

Rossi will be very fast in the last half a season, or retired.

Boring race. Moto2 was a lot better to watch.

I could not agree more! I'm looking forward to the Moto2 season more so then GP

Quote Originally Posted by stnd View Post
    Boring race. Moto2 was a lot better to watch.
    Last edited by spazio10; 04-11-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    SOAR Novice #26

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Yea second season with the MotoGP video pass, expensive but worth it
    I agree too! This is my 3rd season with Video pass. It keeps getting better every year as they add features. Don't have cable or satellite, but I need my MotoGP video pass!

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

I don't really like Stoner but I very much dislike Lorenzo and Pedrosa.

I like Spies but I don't see him being a championship contender this year. I think he'll do well, but not battling for the title. It will come down to the Aussie and the two Spaniards, between those 3 I would cheer for Stoner.. or cheer against the Spaniards.

Nicky Hayden 2012 MotoGP World Champion!

As long as he finishes races ahead of Rossi, I'm happy.

VR should quit whining about the bike and at least show he's the best of the Desmos. Statements like, "I even thought about pulling into the pits and finishing my race there, but I kept going only out of respect for my team members"... What the?!?!

Rossi = the new Biaggi

First race of the season......

I wouldn't worry about Ducati's money woes, it will be Audi's problem next week. But lets write off Rossi as a has been at least he will be racing four wheels at Monza later this year.

Anyone see the Spies crash how his wrist/arm got caught inbetween the fairing and the safety brace for the brake lever?

Interesting watching the BBC feed before race 1 had started and Stoner mentioned in the interview about the sheer force needed to hold onto the 1000cc bikes compared to the 800.... not sure whether the arm pump was a cop out like most ppl think it was.

It was great watching MotoGP again. I always DVR the race and then watch a little after it starts so I can skip the commercials. Some of your posts on here are making me think hard about the video pass. Are the races all in HD online? Also, does anyone have a link for the BBC or Eurosport coverage? I would really like to check those out. I'm glad that speed at least covers the races but their coverage is awful, their video segments before the races can be so corny. I usually can't wait for their announcers to switch over to the world feed announcers.

In terms of the race I enjoyed the larger grid and the added element of the CRT bikes. I would like to see what Cal Crutchlow can do on the Tech 3 bike this year. I'm still a Rossi fan and was hugely disappointed by his performance, it seems as though his team is moving backwards.
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. H.S. Thompson

BBC coverage can be found via torrents.

Or go ghetto with justin.tv.

Ouch when an employee makes the comments Rossi made it sounds like he has given up and his frustration wont help relations. It's unfortunate!

"It is unrideable and it doesn’t matter what track you are on. I cannot enter the corners hard and we can’t hope the situation will change with the new Bridgestone tyres. These aren’t problems that can be solved with set-up alone."

Rossi appears to have lost faith in the Ducati Desmosedici GP12, as he added: "Ducati did not follow the route that I have indicated. I am not an engineer and I cannot solve every problem."

Quote Originally Posted by 01rc51 View Post
    I actually prefer to download the BBC coverage of the races. The quality of the video and the reporting on the grid prior to the race is excellent. The show is typically 90 minutes long since they provide so much more covereage.
    Quote Originally Posted by redridernl View Post
    The BBC has excellent pre-race coverage but the Eurosport commentary is better.
    I agree fully. BBC is top dog for F1 though, I love their coverage.Too bad Eurosport no longer has Toby and Julian with Randy Mamola but I still enjoy them.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    Ouch when an employee makes the comments Rossi made it sounds like he has given up and his frustration wont help relations. It's unfortunate!

"It is unrideable and it doesn’t matter what track you are on. I cannot enter the corners hard and we can’t hope the situation will change with the new Bridgestone tyres. These aren’t problems that can be solved with set-up alone."

Rossi appears to have lost faith in the Ducati Desmosedici GP12, as he added: "Ducati did not follow the route that I have indicated. I am not an engineer and I cannot solve every problem."

Stoner wasnt talking to highly of his team either during his pre race interview with the bbc. Its gotta be frustrating when your team isnt listening to your concerns.
    2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Current
    2004 Suzuki GS500F - Sold