MotoGP 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MotoGP 2012

Well, 2011 is over and with the 1000 bikes test tomorrow, a new era starts. Hopefully a more competitive season than 2011

let's get this started with the moto3 and moto2 tests

Moto2 and Moto3 Test finishes at Valencia Monday, 7 November 2011

The weather put a limit on the amount of on-track activity on Monday at the one-day Test. As it did during the GP weekend which preceded the Moto2 and Moto3 Test at Valencia, the weather played a large part in proceedings on Monday as rain limited on-track activity at the one-day Test in Spain. There was plenty of excitement at the prospect of first contact with the new Moto3 machines which will replace the 125cc class in 2012, and some riders were fortunate enough to get in their first laps on the 250cc four-stroke bikes.

Rookie of the Year in the 125cc class Maverick Viñales was present with his BQR team and went out on a Honda, although the team are yet to decide on what bike they will go with next season, and Luis Salom and his RW Racing team also experienced some track time with the Moto3 machinery. Japanese rider Kenta Fujii, who has been confirmed with the Technomag-CIP set-up for 2012, was also on track and German rider Toni Finsterbusch rode with MZ Racing.

Portuguese rider Miguel Oliveira was also present with the Monlau Competición crew but in the end he did not ride in the conditions. In the Moto2 category 125cc Championship runner-up Johann Zarco had his first run on a 600cc four-stroke bike with his new JiR team, lapping on the MotoBI prototype along with Brazilian youngster Eric Granado. Jonas Folger is looking to make the move up to Moto2 for 2012 and put in some laps with the MZ Racing machine, escaping uninjured from a minor fall towards the end of the day.

Anthony West was also out on track for the German factory. Meanwhile Marc VDS Racing riders Scott Redding and Mika Kallio both rolled out on Kalex machines for the first time, which the Belgian set-up will run with next season. Also riding the German frame for the first time was Esteve Rabat, who has signed for the Pons team.

Alex de Angelis went out on the Suter with Forward Racing, who he switches to for the 2012 season. Other riders present who did not ride owing to the conditions were Nico Terol (Aspar) and Bradley Smith (Tech 3). Toni Elías was also at the track with the intention of testing the Gresini Team’s Moto2 machine, as was British rider Gino Rea, but eventually neither went out due to the rain

To early to guess who will be at the top, but we can all make our guesses
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Re: MotoGP 2012

2012 Silly Season

Green team name denotes everything is finalized.
    Black team name denotes at least one element is not finalized.
    ? denotes missing or rumoured elements.
    All teams will be using 1000cc motors.

Yamaha
    Riders:Lorenzo, Spies
    Chassis: Yamaha
    Engine: Yamaha

Honda
    Riders: Stoner, Pedrosa
    Chassis: Honda
    Engine: Honda

Ducati
    Riders: Rossi, Hayden
    Chassis: Ducati
    Engine: Ducati

Pramac
    Riders: Barbera

LCR
    Riders: Bradl

Aspar (CRT)
    Riders: de Puniet, A.Espargaro
    Chassis: Aprilia
    Engine: Aprilia

Gresini
    Riders: Bautista

Gresini (CRT)
    Riders: Pirro
    Chassis: FTR

Cardion AB
    Riders:Abraham

Tech3
    Riders: Dovizioso, Crutchlow
    Chassis: Yamaha
    Engine: Yamaha

Forward (CRT)
    Riders: Edwards
    Chassis: Suter
    Engine: BMW

BQR (CRT)
    Riders: Silva, Hernandez
    Chassis: FTR
    Engine: Kawasaki

BPM Racing (CRT)
    Riders: Ellison

Speed Master
    Riders: Pasini

IODA (CRT)
    Riders: Petrucci
    Chassis: IODA

Team Laglisse (CRT)
    Riders: ?
    Chassis: Suter
    Engine: BMW

Notes: tested in Valencia. Not running in 2012.

Grillini Team (CRT Entry)
    Riders: ?
    Chassis: ?
    Engine: ?

Notes: tested in Valencia. Not running in 2012.
    Last edited by Chaos; 01-29-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Umm... pretty sure Ducati is not going to be running a Honda 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    work in progress...2012 Silly SeasonYamahaRiders:Lorenzo, SpiesChassis: YamahaEngine: Yamaha 1000ccHondaRiders: Stoner, PedrosaChassis: HondaEngine: Honda 1000ccDucatiRiders: Rossi, HaydenChassis: DucatiEngine: Honda 1000ccSuzukiRiders: De Puniet?Chassis: SuzukiEngine: Suzuki 1000cc?PramacRiders: Barbera, Chassis: DucatiEngine: Ducati 1000ccLCR Riders: Bradl?Chassis: HondaEngine: Honda 1000cc?AsparRiders:Chassis:Engine:GresiniRiders:Ch assis:Engine:Cardion ABRiders:AbrahamChassis: Ducati Engine: Ducati 1000ccTech3Riders: Dovizioso, CrutchlowChassis: YamahaEngine: Yamaha 1000ccForwardRiders: EdwardsChassis:Engine:
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

fixed, and added updates
    Last edited by Chaos; 11-08-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    fixed, and added updates
    Nice

in other news

Repsol Honda Team dominate on 1st day of testing at Valencia Tuesday, 8 November 2011 Repsol Honda riders Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa were back in action at Valencia circuit today on the new RC213V. Dani Pedrosa set the fastest lap time with 1'32.186 on his final lap of 40 and Casey Stoner who did 42 laps, finished closely behind him with a 1'32.322, recorded on lap 34.
    Last edited by ZX600; 11-08-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Dani Pedrosa – 1st 1'32.186"It's been a good day for testing after so much rain! The track conditions were good which allowed us to work well on the bike and get the first feeling with the new RCV. We made a step forward from August, when I first tried the bike in Brno which is a good thing: we modified the front end a little and I felt the corner entry is better, also under braking. I'm quite satisfied, not because of the lap times but more for the feeling I had. It was a bike test but also a rider test, I feel it's like a schooling for me also and I enjoyed it. Not only the bike is new, also the tyres are different for these bikes, the engine is new, you have more power and more torque. We've been riding 800cc quite a long time and I feel that I need to adapt my riding style a little and it's interesting. It's more fun, in general."Casey Stoner – 2nd 1'32.322"Everything has gone pretty well for us we're struggling a little bit with the new tyres, we're finding they are giving us a little bit of chatter on the bike. We compared the bike that we tested in Jerez and Brno to the newer version we have here and we found quite a lot of improvements in some small ways with chattering but we still need to work on this some more. In general it was good to be out there on the 1000 and feel the horsepower, it's a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to feeling it on a lot of different tracks!."Press release courtesy of Repsol Honda Team

Is moto GP televised on cable? If so what stations carry it? Thx
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    On speed channel, at 2pm is moto2 and at 3 is MotoGP, not sure of times but it is either what I said or an hr later.

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    http://www.speedtv.com/programs/moto...-championship/
    2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Current
    2004 Suzuki GS500F - Sold

MotoGP World Championship The world’s best riders compete around the globe on high tech 800cc prototypes designed and built by the top engineers that Ducati, Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki have to offer, each capable of speeds well in excess of 200mph and boasting acceleration unrivaled in any other form of roadracing, two or four wheeled.
    lol, speed channel really needs to update their website with recent information

No wonder they don't show any of the qualifiers or training sessions, they don't have a clue
    Last edited by ZX600; 04-08-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    lol, speed channel really needs to update their website with recent information

No wonder they don't show any of the qualifiers or training sessions, they don't have a clue
    I actually prefer to download the BBC coverage of the races. The quality of the video and the reporting on the grid prior to the race is excellent. The show is typically 90 minutes long since they provide so much more covereage.

Quote Originally Posted by 01rc51 View Post
    I actually prefer to download the BBC coverage of the races. The quality of the video and the reporting on the grid prior to the race is excellent. The show is typically 90 minutes long since they provide so much more covereage.
    The BBC has excellent pre-race coverage but the Eurosport commentary is better.

Thanks much appreciated
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

It was great watching MotoGP again. I always DVR the race and then watch a little after it starts so I can skip the commercials. Some of your posts on here are making me think hard about the video pass. Are the races all in HD online? Also, does anyone have a link for the BBC or Eurosport coverage? I would really like to check those out. I'm glad that speed at least covers the races but their coverage is awful, their video segments before the races can be so corny. I usually can't wait for their announcers to switch over to the world feed announcers.

In terms of the race I enjoyed the larger grid and the added element of the CRT bikes. I would like to see what Cal Crutchlow can do on the Tech 3 bike this year. I'm still a Rossi fan and was hugely disappointed by his performance, it seems as though his team is moving backwards.
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. H.S. Thompson

BBC coverage can be found via torrents.

Or go ghetto with justin.tv.

Ouch when an employee makes the comments Rossi made it sounds like he has given up and his frustration wont help relations. It's unfortunate!

"It is unrideable and it doesn’t matter what track you are on. I cannot enter the corners hard and we can’t hope the situation will change with the new Bridgestone tyres. These aren’t problems that can be solved with set-up alone."

Rossi appears to have lost faith in the Ducati Desmosedici GP12, as he added: "Ducati did not follow the route that I have indicated. I am not an engineer and I cannot solve every problem."

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    Ouch when an employee makes the comments Rossi made it sounds like he has given up and his frustration wont help relations. It's unfortunate!

"It is unrideable and it doesn’t matter what track you are on. I cannot enter the corners hard and we can’t hope the situation will change with the new Bridgestone tyres. These aren’t problems that can be solved with set-up alone."

Rossi appears to have lost faith in the Ducati Desmosedici GP12, as he added: "Ducati did not follow the route that I have indicated. I am not an engineer and I cannot solve every problem."

Stoner wasnt talking to highly of his team either during his pre race interview with the bbc. Its gotta be frustrating when your team isnt listening to your concerns.
    2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Current
    2004 Suzuki GS500F - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Gpz900 View Post
    It was great watching MotoGP again. I always DVR the race and then watch a little after it starts so I can skip the commercials. Some of your posts on here are making me think hard about the video pass. Are the races all in HD online? Also, does anyone have a link for the BBC or Eurosport coverage? I would really like to check those out. I'm glad that speed at least covers the races but their coverage is awful, their video segments before the races can be so corny. I usually can't wait for their announcers to switch over to the world feed announcers.

In terms of the race I enjoyed the larger grid and the added element of the CRT bikes. I would like to see what Cal Crutchlow can do on the Tech 3 bike this year. I'm still a Rossi fan and was hugely disappointed by his performance, it seems as though his team is moving backwards.

All of the races are in 720p HD on Videopass, yes. As long as your internet can handle it, its awesome!! I love being able to kick back on my lazy day off and watch qualifying sessions or warmups. I really enjoy the commentary during these events too. It gives you a lot more insight into the riders, teams and going-ons within the MotoGP world.

I've been watching Crutchlow for a few years now. After watching him stomp out the competition in World Supersport on the R6 a few years back, I thought he would be a good fit for MotoGP. Looks like this might be a good year for him indeed! He's a good character too!

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

Quote Originally Posted by boarder360 View Post
    off topic but i never noticed how tiny capirossi is http://www.motogp.com/en/photos/2012...MotoGP+Advisor
    I saw Capirossi walk through the pits in person last year and was surprised at how small he was too. He's almost in Pedrosa's league!
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. H.S. Thompson

It's not in the thread title so who cares.

Do we have to wait six months to discuss a race so the pvr club can enjoy their beauty sleep?