MotoGP 2012 - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: MotoGP 2012

Re: MotoGP 2012

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    Not a great race for the CRT bikes.

I was enjoying it until Hayden and his Duc started falling off the pace.... I had a small glimmer of hope for a Duc to podium......

What a strange weekend for all the teams with the wacky weather, let's see what Estoril will bring.
    It was interesting with the Ducs.....if you look at their lap times Hayden put his best laps in during the beginning of the race and Rossi put his in at the end of the race.......lap 26 actually was the fastest.

oh my gosh, this article almost brought a tear to my eye. things are going full circle in the soap-opera of GP

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ack/20553.html

Jorge and Vale sittin' in a tree...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post
    It's not in the thread title so who cares.

Do we have to wait six months to discuss a race so the pvr club can enjoy their beauty sleep?
    Agreed, I stayed away from this thread until I saw all 3 races

That kid Marc Marques does not give a ****, he will ride over his grandma, he is awesome, my new favourite rider since spies is sucking big balls
    Last edited by ZX600; 05-02-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    It was interesting with the Ducs.....if you look at their lap times Hayden put his best laps in during the beginning of the race and Rossi put his in at the end of the race.......lap 26 actually was the fastest.
    they were on different tires though...one soft one hard.

ok anyone heard stoner might retire after this season to spend more time with his wife and new baby??? WTheck!!
    mikeymoto

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaB View Post
    they were on different tires though...one soft one hard.
    I can't seem to find their tire selection for Ducati. Lorenzo and Stoner were on softer tires.

I found this article interesting:

http://m.motomatters.com/node/5654

"It appears that Ducati do not have an adequate explanation for why their bike works in the wet but not in the dry, but a process of deduction points to a number of possible candidates. Firstly, what is clear is that the style of chassis is frankly irrelevant; the bike behaved the same with the CF chassis as it did with aluminium, and both the monocoque and full twin spar showed the same tendency to run wide and not give feedback. Rolling the engine back so that the V is at 45 degrees to the horizontal has helped, at least in terms of easier setup and the bike responding to changes as expected, but the GP12 still runs wide, and it still won't turn the way the riders want it too.

The response to rolling the engine back is a positive aspect, but the real benefit would come from having a narrower V angle. A tighter, more compact engine would produce a better weight distribution, and allow Ducati to put more weight over the front wheel without compromising rake or trail."

Well I hope the weather isn't so topsy turvy for Estoril.

In keeping with the CRT's, did anyone noticed the top speeds versus the factory bikes? From what I saw its about a 20km + difference. I hope Colin and DePuniet have better luck this weekend, it's a good duel to watch as both have years of MotoGP history on factory bikes.

Maybe Ducati should just use the new Panigale motor..... Become CRT bikes......
    " Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul "

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymoto View Post
    ok anyone heard stoner might retire after this season to spend more time with his wife and new baby??? WTheck!!
    Not so...he just squashed those rumors in the Estoril press conference.... too bad.

The amount of rumours in the paddock nowadays is amazing. One weekend it's Stoner retiring, next day he will go under knife to fix his arm pump issues. Then it is Vale leaving Duc and as of late, there's a lot of words spoken about how Marquez and his team found something to make his bike significantly faster in straight line. No, it cannot be the rider, aero package and chassis. Someone wants to evidently suggest that they are tempering with ECU-engine ... can't wait for the conspiracy to unroll.

All of the BS is around because the only other thing journalists could write about would be the pesky weather, which is slowing starting to piss me off ....

Great QP for Cal!!!! Wow! That guy has found whatever works for him.
    Lorenzo was ******!!! Heck he's consistently been on the front row, he can't fathom being on the second row.
    Looks like despite stoner 'not feeling well' he's got pole.
    Feel bad for Colin, unlucky place and time for him. Off for another surgery he goes.
    Hoping for a great race and some good battles tomorrow early AM.

Not an exciting race in MotoGP class. Only excitement was Cal and Dovi.
    If you want excitement watch the Moto2 race.
    At least it seems like Rossi is making some progress with that Duc.
    MotoGP tests tomorrow.

Stoner makes MotoGP boring.
    2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition

Without a massive out this year, that's pretty much how the season will go...

So, who do you think will take 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    It appears that Ducati do not have an adequate explanation for why their bike works in the wet but not in the dry
    or maybe it's just everyone else is slower lol

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    If you want excitement watch the Moto2 race.
    Or most WSBK events.