Bike-Friendly Bed and Breakfast – Village of Tyrone

Thread: Bike-Friendly Bed and Breakfast – Village of Tyrone

Bike-Friendly Bed and Breakfast – Village of Tyrone

For those looking for a “bike friendly” place to stay in eastern GTA, you might want to check out Brookside Bed n’ Breakfast. My wife and I met the owners recently and while we have not stayed there yet, I can say that the owners are very friendly and have a wonderful location near the Village of Tyrone just north of Oshawa.

The site itself has a self-contained cabin situated on a 3-acre property with beautiful gardens and a little brook that runs in front of the cabin. We just missed the salmon spawing season when we toured the grounds but we enjoyed sitting in the dining area located in a gazebo that spans the brook.

You can learn more at their website - www.bbcanada.com/brookside

Please note that I am not associated with the owners in any way and I am simply passing this on to the riding community as a point of interest.

Re: Bike-Friendly Bed and Breakfast – Village of Tyrone

For $160 per night + breakfast in the summer,
    it better be one helluva breakfast!

Thanks for the info, but I am not going to use it.
    "Stay at least one standard deviation away from everybody else."

Re: Bike-Friendly Bed and Breakfast – Village of Tyrone

I have never found B&Bs cheap accomodation but they are a lot more personal than a Motel 6. If I'm touring from place to place all I need is a clean bed and shower, safe place for the bike. If I was going to stay in the same aea to absorb the culture then I might try a B&B to get in on the local happenings.