Friend talk with SF agent, want clarification

Thread: Friend talk with SF agent, want clarification

Friend talk with SF agent, want clarification

My friend talked with his SF agent and I don't know if she was lying (probably) but she was saying that maybe by 2013-14 insurance company may start (or be forced by government?) to look to our demerit point for our increase instead of only the conviction, just like in some other provinces.

She said that it wasn't logical here to get a convition with, example, 10 point and as long as its not a major conviction, still be insurable. (its an example, dont tell me this is possible ) And somebody else can get 3 ticket for going at 111kmh on the 401 and not being insurable anymore.

Is she smoking good stuff or somebody else heard that?
    Hercule CC130 J Support our troop by air

Pilot without technician are just walker with cool jacket and sunglasse

RACING Because football, baseball, bowling and golf only require ONE BALL

Re: Friend talk with SF agent, want clarification

There is nothing stopping an insurance company from considering demerit points when rating, but there is certainly no industry-wide agreement to move towards using Demerit points. I don't know of any insurers that currently consider demerit points, nor am I aware of any insurer that has plans to consider demerit points in the future.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)