Ducati 848 stunt bike

Thread: Ducati 848 stunt bike

Ducati 848 stunt bike

Looks like alot of fun, but also a hand full
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pi_D...layer_embedded

Re: Ducati 848 stunt bike

if you are a really good stunter i assume the number of accidents you have with the bike will be fewer, but do you have the innate ability to keep the severity of a crash or drop minimized? or are they more spectacular?

Quote Originally Posted by GayManLoveIsOK View Post
    if you are a really good stunter i assume the number of accidents you have with the bike will be fewer, but do you have the innate ability to keep the severity of a crash or drop minimized? or are they more spectacular?
    He is doing the tricks he has on lock in that video, just like riding track or street if you dont try to push your limits your chances of crashing hard are minimized....The harder you go the harder you fall, most technical tricks dont get nailed your first try...So crashing the bike becomes part of learning new stuff...

That being said he is using alot of clutch control in that video, once you learn clutch control (using the clutch and brake at the same time) you get into a different level of control IMO and your crashes arent as nasty as when you dont have that skill...Instead of letting the bike get away from you, you can have more controlled crashes...Perfect examples 0:25 and 0:31 those could have been much worse had he not had clutch control
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 11-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.

so turning my 1199 into a stunt bike, i should work on my clutch control on something more "expendable" like my old 1098...ok, gotcha...but yeah, i guess slow crashes are easier to live with than one fast one that wipes the bike out...

so turning my 1199 into a stunt bike, i should work on my clutch control on something more "expendable" like my old 1098...ok, gotcha...but yeah, i guess slow crashes are easier to live with than one fast one that wipes the bike out...
    obviously speed is always a big factor, but again that comes down to pushing your limits...You shouldnt be trying coasters at 120km/h your first time out, you should start at 20km/h and work your way up in speed....Jumping right to the big stuff doesnt always end well

And youd be surprised what a slow speed 12 oclock crash can do to a bike, Ive broken cylinder heads right in half at 5km/h.
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 11-01-2011 at 11:35 AM.

i saw a bike where the person transported his duc with the kickstand down, guess they had hit a bump or something, the kickstand broke off with a big chunk of the casing too...with a duc, the engine is part of the frame, so a light fall i would think would be far more devastating than most other bikes that at least have a full frame regardless of crash cage...is that a magnesium casing?

Thoroughly enjoyed that entire video. And how he jumped those steps at the very end there just on the rear wheel deserves major respect! It being a Ducati tops it all off.

i saw a bike where the person transported his duc with the kickstand down, guess they had hit a bump or something, the kickstand broke off with a big chunk of the casing too...with a duc, the engine is part of the frame, so a light fall i would think would be far more devastating than most other bikes that at least have a full frame regardless of crash cage...is that a magnesium casing?
    My picture? Its the cam chain side of an aluimnum cylinder head from a 636....Not the first time either

lol, "who wants to see some stunt bikes do tricks?" versus "who wants to see someone do it on a really expensive bike?"...i guess he's taking it up a notch...are higher end bikes making inroads to the stunt scene? events?

lol, "who wants to see some stunt bikes do tricks?" versus "who wants to see someone do it on a really expensive bike?"...i guess he's taking it up a notch...are higher end bikes making inroads to the stunt scene? events?
    There are a few riders sponsored by Ducati, Teach is on a BMW 1000RR.....There are others on Aprillia's, and some guys in Europe were on MV Agusta's....

Those are sponsored riders thou, and not exactly placing 1st at the comps....If you are a not sponsored really well, the bike of choice to be competitive on a budget are still the Kawi zx6r's and Honda F4i/RR's

great vid....seeing that size sprocket on that thing is funny....better start working on a stay for that thing too. he need to get the highchair stuff going on that thing

Jp!
    You should take note of who or WHAT your responding to, check the handle... a sure thread kill no!!
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackson View Post
    jp!
    You should take note of who or what your responding to, check the handle... A sure thread kill no!!
    lmaoo

Who does he drift? Is that all clutch and throttle?

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Who does he drift? Is that all clutch and throttle?
    Drifting takes a combination of dumping the clutch to get it started, then balance, throttle control, and counter steering....

i wonder how my bike will feel going down one on the front sprocket and up 3 on the rear...not as much as the obvious huge sprocket i see on stunt bikes, but will most likely make it livelier...as for jackson, hehehe...don't get me started...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Those are sponsored riders thou, and not exactly placing 1st at the comps....If you are a not sponsored really well, the bike of choice to be competitive on a budget are still the Kawi zx6r's and Honda F4i/RR's
    agree...are we racing or dancing????????????

man that music in that video is so crap/annoying. Why do people on youtube always feel the need to add crappy music to their vids? just the original sound would have been much better.