New Radar Trap on Highway 10

Thread: New Radar Trap on Highway 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Radar Trap on Highway 10

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this, but last night on my way home I noticed a new location for OPP fund raising on Highway 10. One officer was on the pedestrian/bike bridge just north of Peel Road, hunched down behind the railing with his radar unit facing northbound traffic. There were two cruisers parked in a driveway farther north who would then chase down the vehicles spotted speeding as they come down the hill from Peel Road. When I went through there yesterday afternoon there was a third cruiser who had just pulled over a driver in a pick-up.

Keep an eye out for them, I think they will begin to use this location even more. They could easily catch speeders going south as well.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

Re: New Radar Trap on Highway 10

On the little bridge, eh? Creative I guess, by their standards.

Not surprised; it's near the bottom of a valley and the popo can see for a mile in either direction. But, I've seen them in the parking lots of the businesses near that bridge.

Highway 10 anywhere in Caledon = sit in the right lane and set cruise control (whether real or mental) at 95 km/h or a little slower than whatever people in the left lane are doing ...

95km/h is a lot slower than most on Hwy 10. Try not to get run over doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by cedghill View Post
    I never have going 90, and I also don't worry about the big bad coppers coming after little old me.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by cedghill View Post
    Yep. That's why the cops are always patrolling that road. Always.

Don't want to get caught? Then never be the fastest one in sight and don't be near the threshold that the cops commonly use (i.e. 20 over). If that means everyone else is passing, so be it. They'll be the ones getting the ticket, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Yep. That's why the cops are always patrolling that road. Always.

Don't want to get caught? Then never be the fastest one in sight and don't be near the threshold that the cops commonly use (i.e. 20 over). If that means everyone else is passing, so be it. They'll be the ones getting the ticket, not you.
    good advice Brian they are always always always on 10. in my car I'd be moving right along with traffic 100 even up to 110+
    but on the bike i'm always behind a couple of faster cars .

In the uk they have used cardboard cut out cop cars on bridges to get traffic below to slow down - for the past 10-20yrs I believe.

Just don't stop... easy enough of a solution.

Make sure you have gas before you decide to run!
    "I live in my own reality, You are just a guest"

2010 GSX-R 600 (RIP - ate by a jetta)
    2011 GSX-R 600 (my 2010's evil reincarnation)

***Disclaimer: I am usually bored at work or drunk when on this forum***

Wonderful advice Sherlock

Please do share on how you plan to outrun the Motorola.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Just stumbled across this threat and wow, that Trail start off in Tottenham 200m from my house...i used it for a few km when i was commuting to Bolton with my bicycle, i had no idea it goes that far...
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

^ If I'm not mistaken it's a "rail trail", i.e. abandoned railway converted to a public trail. Excellent for bicycle rides due to solid surface, lack of traffic, nice scenery and no steep grades. There are dozens of those around GTA and they are pretty well distributed all over Noth America.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine