New Radar Trap on Highway 10 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Radar Trap on Highway 10

Re: New Radar Trap on Highway 10

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Just what I thought, that's the only bridge over 10 in that area. Too bad motorized vehicles are prohibited on Caledon Trailway. It would be fun to blast by them on a quad or a dirt bike...
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Just what I thought, that's the only bridge over 10 in that area. Too bad motorized vehicles are prohibited on Caledon Trailway.
    BTW, that is the ONLY bridge over Highway 10 north of the end of the 410. I don't recall any others from that point all the way to Owen Sound.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

The bridge over #10 is about 1.1 miles or 1.75 kliks north of Olde Base Line Road and about .82 miles or 1.3 kliks south of The Grange Side Road. It crosses the highway where CN’s track from Georgetown to Barrie at one time crossed at grade. Now the Caledon Trailways Path.

43°48'43.80" N 79°55'50.31" W

i noticed cops doing that alot lately
    ill be driving down the 401, and on a random bridge there will be an opp officer sitting with his radar gun, and later you will notice an opp cruiser sitting on the onramp waiting for a radio on who to pull over :S
    i guess its not just looking into mirrors and side of the road anymore
    if speed doesnt scare you, the truck around the corner will.

2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Current
    2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - Stolen
    2000 Suzuki GSXR 750 - Sold
    1995 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R - Sold

Overpass radar positioning has several advantages for random tax collectors - I wonder why they didn't use it more before. It's not any more sneaky than hiding behind a bush and it practically eliminates parallax issues that can be argued in court.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

In the uk they have used cardboard cut out cop cars on bridges to get traffic below to slow down - for the past 10-20yrs I believe.

Just don't stop... easy enough of a solution.

Make sure you have gas before you decide to run!
    "I live in my own reality, You are just a guest"

2010 GSX-R 600 (RIP - ate by a jetta)
    2011 GSX-R 600 (my 2010's evil reincarnation)

***Disclaimer: I am usually bored at work or drunk when on this forum***

Wonderful advice Sherlock

Please do share on how you plan to outrun the Motorola.

Just stumbled across this threat and wow, that Trail start off in Tottenham 200m from my house...i used it for a few km when i was commuting to Bolton with my bicycle, i had no idea it goes that far...
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

^ If I'm not mistaken it's a "rail trail", i.e. abandoned railway converted to a public trail. Excellent for bicycle rides due to solid surface, lack of traffic, nice scenery and no steep grades. There are dozens of those around GTA and they are pretty well distributed all over Noth America.

I think if i am not mistaken it starts in Tonawanda. NY and ends in Tobermory.
    I usually ride it midweek from Mississauga road upto Palgrave.
    As "Vlad" says nice scenery.
    Couple of years ago i meet a 90 year old walking the whole distance, camping etc.

I bump into the odd milf local walking the dog.
    Still waiting for the offer, for the milf not the dog. lol.
    Last edited by cycling; 01-28-2012 at 05:22 PM.

^ If I'm not mistaken it's a "rail trail", i.e. abandoned railway converted to a public trail. Excellent for bicycle rides due to solid surface, lack of traffic, nice scenery and no steep grades. There are dozens of those around GTA and they are pretty well distributed all over Noth America.
    thats exactly what it is....in fact if you follow it all the way east, you end up at Mill Rd in Tottenham and right on the other side of the road is the steam train tourist ride train station, they continue to use the remainder of the rails for the tourist rides on the weekends...They even left a bit of the rails on the trail side of the road when they have to do locomotive maintenance they park train cars there.

i just followed it west and it looks like the actual trail ends at Winston Churchill blvd but the old railroad outline keeps going, it just hasnt been gravel covered....you just see the tree outlines.

just some more sniffing around and the old train tracks lead to the Georgetown Go train stop, although the last couple km is pretty weak due to the housing build up, but it looks like they reused it a few times as new roads...
    Last edited by Red_Liner740; 01-29-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

I avoid 10 because of speed traps and because it's boring. There's plenty of roads parallel to it with no cops and much better scenery...
    THISSSSSSS... i stopped riding on hwy 10, i use a little parallel road, you can easily go 100, and not worry about a thaang' :P
    if speed doesnt scare you, the truck around the corner will.

2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Current
    2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - Stolen
    2000 Suzuki GSXR 750 - Sold
    1995 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Hi RPM View Post
    THISSSSSSS... i stopped riding on hwy 10, i use a little parallel road, you can easily go 100, and not worry about a thaang' :P
    Not that exciting either but Heartlake road also runs parallel and got a ticket there .Speed limit at 60 and nobody on the road and there is nothing there.Still got a ticket. Did not even see where he was hiding, stopped at the stop sign and he turned on his cherries.Bang done like a dogs dinner.15 over no points.

Quote Originally Posted by cycling View Post
    Not that exciting either but Heartlake road also runs parallel and got a ticket there .Speed limit at 60 and nobody on the road and there is nothing there.Still got a ticket. Did not even see where he was hiding, stopped at the stop sign and he turned on his cherries.Bang done like a dogs dinner.15 over no points.
    Over the years I have seen radar traps on Dixie, Heart Lake and Kennedy at many locations between Brampton and Caledon. When the OPP is not blitzing 10, which is usually on the weekends, you will find them on the alternate routes. Since those roads have speed limits that vary from 80 to 60k and also have stop signs at pretty much every cross road, it is typically quicker just to stick to 10 and drone along at 90 or so.

Malks
    1997 ST1100