Belfountain Coffee Closing! - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Belfountain Coffee Closing!

Re: Belfountain Coffee Closing!

Glove liners work really well.I keep a pair of vinyl disposable gloves in my jacket pocket.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Anyone going tomorrow (Tues)? I have work in the morning but will probably be there for 2:30 or thereabouts.

Banned

As far as price gouging, I listen to customers coming out of there. A pastry and a coffee or a juice times four for a visiting family...$30! It's a rip-off. They'd be better off selling real food. At least you'd be full after you were raped.

The road was featured in the Toronto Star as one of Ontario's best roads. Three weeks ago when that freakishly warm day hit, some riders on here reported 45 mins to get from The Shed to HWY 10. My Gixx has a lap-timer on it, I think a fast trek through there on a weekday was under three mins. The landlord has obviously taken note of the media report on the road, as well as it being re-paved, and the subsequent increase in tourists and forecasted the property was worth more, and decided to jack their rent for next season. That's just business. In business greed rules the day.
    Last edited by Prince; 10-31-2011 at 08:29 PM.

I do love idle speculation - it's so amusing.

as for your pricing.....

A Dufflet pastry is
    a) expensive
    b) worth every penny...

so is real juice - not the syrupy fruit cocktail perhaps you are used to. Michelle buys and sells quality stuff....if you're too cheap to enjoy it - go next door ......The Shed line ups are often 1/2 hour on a busy day. They won't miss you.

Your $30 breaks down to $6.60 before tax per person.

Likely $3.50 -$4 for the Eurotart which is the norm and 2.50 for juice or a small latte. Not in the least out of line for people that value quality.

A very tasty large ginger lemon cookie and a regular (again high quality) coffee runs about $3-4.
    Even with the large latte it cost me $5.35 yesterday tax in with the big cookie.

The one thing they are expensive on is their sandwiches but people quickly realize one sandwich is a meal for two for most...... and again the food quality is very high.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Stop chugging the Haterade, Prince, it'll stain your teeth purple.

The Shed: Good coffee, cool bikes.

Franchises: Pee breaks, water bottles.

The free-market economy welcomes both. Choice is good.

Banned

The only thing worth paying more for at The Shed is the environment. I hear complaints all the time from people getting jacked for just a pop to cool off. Every store has a "loss-leader" ...usually things like drinks to draw customers in. I never understood why The Shed would jack people for a pop. If a person feels ripped-off, they won't buy more.

If they were smart, they would have served real food, "man-food." Not too many bikers (scooter riders notwithstanding) eat pastry.

IF (let me say that again so you don't miss it) IF this has anything to do with pressure from the locals due to the popularity of the spot by bikers, then they are really going to be surprised when it doesn't work. Forks of the credit has been a hot spot for bikers before it was as populated as it is now in belfountain. My father was telling me how there would always be a dozen or so bikers parked here or there even when he was 16 and no coffee shops or anything to patron at the time. Would anyone assume it would change?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Banned

+1 Drove this road as a sixteen year old in the 80's on my Gixxer 750 and still driving it in my late thirties on my Gixxer 1K. They are trying everything to push bikers out. Last year it was popo everywhere. They (somewhat) gave up on that this year. What's adding to the FOTC problem is the tuner cars that race there at night. It's becoming a hang-out for kids with tuner cars. So is The Badlands. They had an opportunity in 2008 to stop the bikes and cars. The only resolution to their problem is to let the road go...let the asphalt crumble. They all have SUV's up that way anyway. But they repaved it. With really good grade asphalt. Its not the residents on the FOTC road that are the main complainers, they're pretty much resigned to the noise, and some of them are bikers. If you hang a right on McLaren as you're heading in, you'll see some million dollar homes...mansions. Once you see them, and imagine living in one, the noise issue becomes clear even as a biker. It's a very unique problem...and the only real resolution if the residents don't want the noise is to let the road crumble.

Either that, or embrace the bikers and use us to build an economy. Open bike related shops, real food places, a pub? They could make a killing off of us. But it's those residents on McLaren who would resist that idea as they're already quite rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom01 View Post
    IF (let me say that again so you don't miss it) IF this has anything to do with pressure from the locals due to the popularity of the spot by bikers, then they are really going to be surprised when it doesn't work. Forks of the credit has been a hot spot for bikers before it was as populated as it is now in belfountain. My father was telling me how there would always be a dozen or so bikers parked here or there even when he was 16 and no coffee shops or anything to patron at the time. Would anyone assume it would change?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Prince; 11-02-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    The only thing worth paying more for at The Shed is the environment. I hear complaints all the time from people getting jacked for just a pop to cool off. Every store has a "loss-leader" ...usually things like drinks to draw customers in. I never understood why The Shed would jack people for a pop. If a person feels ripped-off, they won't buy more.

If they were smart, they would have served real food, "man-food." Not too many bikers (scooter riders notwithstanding) eat pastry.
    Where do you stand on quiche?

Banned

Talking Re: Belfountain Coffee Closing!

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    Where do you stand on quiche?
    I don't...cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    I don't...cupcake.

You have a mild case of agrohomophobia...an irrational fear of gay foods. Take two biscotti daily with a mocha grande.

You have a mild case of agrohomophobia...an irrational fear of gay foods. Take two biscotti daily with a mocha grande.
    ha ha ha !!

Banned

Will do sugar-plum. I'll buy you a Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, and Ice and a quiche out on the road.

Latest from the mares' mouths ........Shed closing for certain in favour of a pet food store

Good news is they are close to closing on a place in Erin for Shed II
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

A pet food store, there? Seriously?
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post
    A pet food store, there? Seriously?
    All the wealthy folk in the area obviously need a place to buy their $200.00 a bag and $20.00 a can boutique dog food.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I wonder if the clientele will find their way to the new location. The location was perfect given the bike traffic due to the roads nearby, and the autumn leaves watchers who like that particular area.

I have a feeling that the general store next door will pick up the slack ...

A pet food store? Can't see that working out in the long term.

There will be no problem with finding the place....Erin is a huge crossroads as well - traffic there is crazy and if they end on 24 even better.

Sometimes the traffic is too much in Belfountain.

The down side will be if they don't get ample parking.

Apparently, the Shed's Farewell Day will be Dec. 1.

Hope that Peel Region has not brined the roads.

AFJ