Belfountain Coffee Closing! - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Belfountain Coffee Closing!

Re: Belfountain Coffee Closing!

No chain would have any interest in that location or building.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    whats the bet the landlord got pressured from the locals to not encourage a coffee hang out for bikers?
    or perhaps on the opposite front, Tim Hortons wants to open up there Captured Market
    i was thinking the same about the landlord, as far as i know there are no rent controls on businesses.

loud pipes close coffee shops.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    whats the bet the landlord got pressured from the locals to not encourage a coffee hang out for bikers?
    I bet that was part of it. Which is why I wouldn't bet my life on another coffee shop opening.

Is two strong days out of seven really enough to keep place like that kicking. I've gone through on odd times during a week and it has always been dead. The stuff is not cheap there, but I cannot imagine it would balance the books out. If they had to pay rent, that's two licks, once landlord, second time the coffee shop owners.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    loud pipes close coffee shops.
    That, and people buying one coffee and occupying parking spots for hours and hours killed it.

Landlords don't care who the customers are as long as the tenant pays the rent, on time, and in full. Period. As far as the community goes, I doubt they were pressuring the shop to close, it wasn't a hell's angels coffee shop! It was a "cool" place to go for the weekend warrior.
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.

That, and people buying one coffee and occupying parking spots for hours and hours killed it.
    You must be joking - the place is a goldmine - parking be damned - their sales numbers were astronomical.
    I suspect strongly the landlord wanted a cut and the owner said no.

As for two days .....you clearly have not been there at 6 am or rush hour on the way home.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Landlords don't care who the customers are as long as the tenant pays the rent, on time, and in full. Period. As far as the community goes, I doubt they were pressuring the shop to close, it wasn't a hell's angels coffee shop! It was a "cool" place to go for the weekend warrior.

actually if I was a landlord and the cliental of a tenant annoyed me, i probably would encourage them to find another location. you don't know if the land lord lived right by the place or not and was being bothered by the noise. It won't stop bikes from going through there, as I don't know anyone that went to bellfountain for the shed, the shed was just some where to stop after or before riding the forks.
    x

actually if I was a landlord and the cliental of a tenant annoyed me, i probably would encourage them to find another location. you don't know if the land lord lived right by the place or not and was being bothered by the noise. It won't stop bikes from going through there, as I don't know anyone that went to bellfountain for the shed, the shed was just some where to stop after or before riding the forks.
    You make a good point until I think about the opportunity to rent out that location to another business... who else would really want to be in there?

Quote Originally Posted by coyo View Post
    You make a good point until I think about the opportunity to rent out that location to another business... who else would really want to be in there?
    antique shop comes to mind, clothing boutique, there are plenty of things that would target the locals.
    x

antique shop comes to mind, clothing boutique, there are plenty of things that would target the locals.
    Funny, I thought the same when I first read your post... but would that area really pull in enough antique hunters, etc... to make a shop viable?

It only has a couple hundred sq' of space
    Antique shops need big space cheap with lots of parking ( think barn ).

I don't think you have much idea of their volume.

There are not enough "locals" to make anything successful there.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Banned

The Shed was into price gouging...$5.00 for a coffee? $3.00 for a Gingerale?

Turn right, at the stop sign, twist the throttle and you'll be in Erin in less than three mins where there's a Coffee Time. Good coffee, sandwiches, no price gouging. There's a cool Fish&Chippery next to Coffee Time as well.

Guess you don't frequent good coffee shops do you? .....Coffee Time is dreck.

$7.92 tax in gets you a large latte with dark Ghirarhdelli chocolate and and Dufflet pastry. and yes that's a photo I took there.

$6.50 gets the same latte with a locally made cheese bagel from a 3 generation family owned bakery nearby toasted with butter and generous creme cheese which makes a light meal.

All their milk is from Steen's Dairy which has been in Erin since the 50s -( good burger for cheap )

Of course some don't appreciate quality or supporting local business.
    Last edited by MacDoc; 10-29-2011 at 10:24 PM.

That sucks. It's a nice place too, good place to rest for a coffee and a small snack.
    Ride:
    2010 Suzuki SV650SA White (Current)
    2009 Ninja 250r Black (2009 - 2010)
    License:
    GM (2010-07-07)

Heading up that way around noon see if I can find out more. Hopefully a Eugenia Falls wander if it's not too chilly. Just worried about hands. - too cheap to get heated gloves tho the grip heaters work a charm.

I was shocked to see the sign yesterday. Those girls are making very good coffee and have turned what was just a shed into a pleasant place to hang out at. I wish them all the best in their future endeavors and I'm sure they'll land an even better joint somewhere close. Whoever takes over the place will have to live up to a pretty high standard if he thinks about setting up a coffee shop there. I'll give them one chance to make me a good cappuccino, not even that if the sign above the entrance says Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Country Style or one of the other chain producers of overpriced barely colored hot water that passes for coffee in North America.

Anyway, The Shed is open 'til December 1, so let's bring these girls some business before then. Also, drop a note to the_shed@rogers.com to tell them you appreciated their service and wish them well.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Thanks for posting that email address....there might be a dedicated thread but in the meantime the manager Michelle is asking for stories about the Shed and general support so flood the emails in.
    Can't let my northern office go without a fight

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Typical story, many landlords and real estate people are pirates, they make higher profits than drug dealers.
    Basic greed and aspirations of more money will kill any small business.
    10$ says it becomes a Tim Hortons or a Starbucks.
    You have absolutely no clue as to what you're talking about. If a Landlord makes 10% on his money, he's doing very well.
    Last edited by RC8BOY; 05-08-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    Heading up that way around noon see if I can find out more. Hopefully a Eugenia Falls wander if it's not too chilly. Just worried about hands. - too cheap to get heated gloves tho the grip heaters work a charm.
    Go to a ski shop and get yourself a pair of Thermasilk glove liners. They're thin enough to not interfere with using the controls, while providing an air buffer that's good for another few degrees of cold tolerance.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde