How do you bug/avoid the 407 cameras? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you bug/avoid the 407 cameras?

Re: How do you bug/avoid the 407 cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by daisoman View Post
    Why did this turn to a race thing? I understand you guys frowning on his choices but what does him being Chinese got do with it. Op your "brown" comment is also ignorant.

I hate racism. Mods should keep an eye out for this BS.
    he's reinforcing the stereotype, making other normal chinese ppl look bad. nothing to do with racism. spitting out the word racism the first chance u get without understanding the context of the conversion is racist in itself and also ignorant.

Bringing up the stereotype "Chinese people are cheap" has traces of racism. Generalizing a group of people for something is not fair to all.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
    he's reinforcing the stereotype, making other normal chinese ppl look bad. nothing to do with racism. spitting out the word racism the first chance u get without understanding the context of the conversion is racist in itself and also ignorant.
    "You can't be trait X because you're nationality Y"
    1989 Yamaha FZR400 (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM (Sold)
    2010 Ducati Monster 696

Some people earn the label they are labeled with.....like it or not, this goes for all colour, races, sexes....not just one.

My wife hasn't got a racist bone in her body and is one of the few people I know who gets along with everyone. But after driving to work every day into Toronto to Leslie and #7....she now hates a particular driver....want to guess who that may be? She says she is constantly being effected by the dangerous manouvers these particualar drivers.....yes race implied. She hasn't had an accident in her entire driving carear. Which if she knew I said it was almost 35 years she would shoot me....lol

As an Englishman I'm well aware of my stereotypes or racist labels....we more than probably earned them...so beit.....that's life.

People are way too quick to jump on the racist band wagon now a days and scream they've been violated! Get over it and move on. If it wasn't you that was call whatever it was, mind your own business...so to speak....nothing personal or an attack on you just in general to all.

Now where were we....oh yes ...trying to cheat the system by not paying for the use of it???....isn't that called something too????

I guess this post is initiated by some 407-security-or-whatever-workers to find out how ppl avoid Tools fee. The Idea is that we all write our tricks and after that 407 will adjust their system considering that.

On other side, anything which is illegal (do we like it or not) is not a subject to suggest. Everyone has to find out his own way and use it so far he/she can.

Ride safe!

And we have a WINNER!!!!

The best method is to use your shoe/boot to cover up the plate while you do past the cameras. If you don't want to get dinged the $1 then you gotta cover it when you get on AND when you get off. Practice doing it on the kickstand with a friend standing behind you. Once you get the technique down the cameras will never get ya again!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

OOO....? Can I watch that manouver??? I bet it results in some scraping of ones skin.....until the correct posture is learned.....lol

@ plate flipper, if you get one do not use it if anyone is behind you when you get on and off. Some people might call it in which would make a very bad day for you.
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    The best method is to use your shoe/boot to cover up the plate while you do past the cameras. If you don't want to get dinged the $1 then you gotta cover it when you get on AND when you get off. Practice doing it on the kickstand with a friend standing behind you. Once you get the technique down the cameras will never get ya again!

-Jamie M.
    ^this, or riding twoup get her to cover the plate nonchalantly
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 Black (ZX6R)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Silver (SOLD)
    2007 Suzuki SV650 "R" (SOLD)
    2004 Suzuki GSX600 Katana (SOLD)
    2001 Kawasaki ZZR250 Ninja (SOLD)

hydrolics on the bike that raise the front and lower the back, make it so you cant be seen.

I probably pay $500/month to 407 (oakville to pickering) round trip 3-4 times a week, if anyone wanted to not pay 407 fee's it would be me but its a service offered for a price ... If you cant pay dont ride, all it takes is trying a trick one time (and getting caught) to realize how much money you are "saving".

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    Had one of my teachers at Senaca(Police Foundations course) who is a traffic cop tell us to drive in the curb and they wont get you. Also to cover your plate with dirt and say sorry if you get pulled over and tell them you will clean your car as soon as you get home. lol
    You get a ticket for that!

$125+ ticket...its your duty to keep your plate clean and not have any blockers/etc stuff on it

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
    hydrolics on the bike that raise the front and lower the back, make it so you cant be seen.

I probably pay $500/month to 407 (oakville to pickering) round trip 3-4 times a week, if anyone wanted to not pay 407 fee's it would be me but its a service offered for a price ... If you cant pay dont ride, all it takes is trying a trick one time (and getting caught) to realize how much money you are "saving".
    You already paid for the ****ing thing with your tax dollars.
    2010 Ducati Monster 696

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post

-Jamie M.
    Is that how you keep crashing your bike?!

Quote Originally Posted by espro View Post
    You already paid for the ****ing thing with your tax dollars.
    Your tax dollars also paid for the prisons. Doesn't mean you have to use them.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Fender eliminator kits that tuck the plate underneath the cowl.

Competition werkes seems to bee good for pushing the envelope. Other option is to use you foot to cover the plate.
    ~ Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war! ~

hey! chinese people not cheap, we high rollas

Hey, I've never done it and I never would. Just answering the OP's question. lol Likely you wont get a ticket the first time getting stopped, as you can see so many around our beautiful city do not have clean plates.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSaki View Post
    You get a ticket for that!

$125+ ticket...its your duty to keep your plate clean and not have any blockers/etc stuff on it
    Last edited by rafiki911; 10-24-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Quote Originally Posted by nfq View Post
    Your tax dollars also paid for the prisons. Doesn't mean you have to use them.
    Try to not argue using fallacies.
    2010 Ducati Monster 696

Quote Originally Posted by espro View Post
    Try to not argue using fallacies.
    Just because they're not sold off and controlled by a private organization, doesn't make it any less true.

Did the magic fairies just put them there? no, your Tax dollars did.

here and here

If you have a hate-on for the 407, don't use it. Blame your elected officials for leasing it. Do you get this up in arms when the City or Province sells off land too?
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.