Sunday the 23rd of October - Dover for perch

Thread: Sunday the 23rd of October - Dover for perch

Sunday the 23rd of October - Dover for perch

Figured the wind from the south west would make it warmest along Lake Erie and sure enough it's going to 15 in Dover area in the afternoon - couple of degrees warmer than to the north.

So I think perch lunch is in order and then wander along the lake west - there are some nice roads for a casual cruise towards Long Point.

I'll be at Knechtel's around noon for a perch pigout. Gonna buy a platter this time .

..likely last time for 6 months ( heading to Australia for the winter )>
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Re: Sunday the 23rd of October - Dover for perch

Weather looking good....still 11 degrees at Dover while a chilly 3 at the Shed at 4 am.
    Coming home later in the afternoon will be with the South West wind so should be a very pleasant ride.
    Get out there.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Question.....just where do you get the best fresh perch lunch in Port Dover?

Well Knechtels is the norm and I think the Erie Hotel just gets it from them to serve in the dining room.
    Don't know any others but I'm all ears....

Gorgeous day

Yummy perch but damn it's insane expensive. Lot of bikes.

Put on 400k ....got up to 17 for a bit but down to 12 now.

Traffic in Amish land

had to watch for those wild men behind the reins

Cute girls at the Shed Coffee and a break.
    Long and satisfying late season jaunt. Got down to 10 on the way home.
    Last edited by MacDoc; 10-23-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Looks like a nice trip to Dover. We did a Niagara tour today. It was damn cold at 8am. But warmed up by the time we got to Niagara.
    06-z750s

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Some of us went up north by Minden area today. Lots of bikes everywhere. Great temperature today.
    Yesterday was another story though as it was like snowmobiling without the snow = cold = heated vests required .
    300+ km's each day.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Turned the vest on for the first time ever today. Had it set to medium, but it was too hot. Wasn't sure how to turn it off without unplugging it. Did a nice fun little jaunt with a friend showing me one of his routes, about 300 km, mostly twisty. No one seemed to be out on the lakes that we cruised by.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Yeah it showed 2 degrees when I woke up at 5 am so I rolled over and went back to sleep.
    Was just nice at 11 am when I left. Fast way down and slow way home with some new roads. Nothing of great interest beyond dodging the Amish and the burbs......geez KW sprawls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikan View Post
    Some of us went up north by Minden area today. Lots of bikes everywhere. Great temperature today.
    Yesterday was another story though as it was like snowmobiling without the snow = cold = heated vests required .
    300+ km's each day.
    I was in Minden yesterday as well. Gorgeous area, and some nice roads. Will be back for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    Turned the vest on for the first time ever today. Had it set to medium, but it was too hot. Wasn't sure how to turn it off without unplugging it. Did a nice fun little jaunt with a friend showing me one of his routes, about 300 km, mostly twisty. No one seemed to be out on the lakes that we cruised by.
    Care to share?!