Got my first bike! 2009 Ninja 250r

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my first bike! 2009 Ninja 250r

Got my first bike! 2009 Ninja 250r

Finally got my first bike! Its a 2009 Ninja 250r. Picked it up a few days ago off a member of east end riders.. Now comes the wait for spring time so i can insure it!. 19 years old, but my m2 is now officially 1 year old so jevco gives me a reasonable rate. Going from scooting around on a sv650s this season to hopping on this makes me realise why Ninjas are so good for beginners. Nothign against the sv650s, (awesome bike, very forgiving), but the ninja is much smaller and more nimble from the short trips ive taken around the block on it. First on the shopping list is gear, then frame sliders and a bike stand.

Last edited by DOHC1; 10-17-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Re: Got my first bike! 2009 Ninja 250r

nice, i just picked up my first bike last month. '09 ninja 500r. too bad im in africa now and cant ride it until next year

Is the 1 yr M2 discount really that much for Jevco?

smart choice.....nice ride enjoy it

Excellent choice!! You'll really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHC1 View Post
    Finally got my first bike! Its a 2009 Ninja 250r. Picked it up a few days ago off a member of east end riders.. Now comes the wait for spring time so i can insure it!. 19 years old, but my m2 is now officially 1 year old so jevco gives me a reasonable rate. Going from scooting around on a sv650s this season to hopping on this makes me realise why Ninjas are so good for beginners. Nothign against the sv650s, (awesome bike, very forgiving), but the ninja is much smaller and more nimble from the short trips ive taken around the block on it. First on the shopping list is gear, then frame sliders and a bike stand.

Nice bike! Don't get me wrong but you went from an SV650s to a 250 and you say its better? Its like saying I have a 5.0 mustang and went to a pinto!

Quote Originally Posted by d4rktrooper788 View Post
    Is the 1 yr M2 discount really that much for Jevco?
    cuts in half. Mine will be %50 lower than it was this season.

And sexy bike. Congrats.

congrats. I will hopefully be making my purchase next fall. Looking at ninja 250's or a 2011 cbr 125. I will be 20 year so I guess our rates would be around the same. Can I ask you how much your insurance rate is after the discount?

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    Nice bike! Don't get me wrong but you went from an SV650s to a 250 and you say its better? Its like saying I have a 5.0 mustang and went to a pinto!

If he thinks that way then it's better for him and all of us that he got a 250. Congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

The sv650s was my brother's bike which I took out once every week or 2 when it was available. Put less then 200 km's on it throughout the year. Its possible to start off on the SV, but I know well enough that the 650 will get me in trouble eventually. Going to stick with the Ninja 250r for at least 2 seasons. When I hit 21, I'm eligible for Statefarm insurance which will let me get a SS bike. This seems to be the perfect stepping stone for me.

P.S. When I say the ninja is better, I mean that it is a better bike for beginners (insurance wise, and ease of usage) The SV, though a sport-touring bike, was still giving me much higher insurance premiums. Definately gonna miss the V-twin though.
    Last edited by DOHC1; 10-17-2011 at 01:24 PM.

The sv650s was my brother's bike which I took out once every week or 2 when it was available. Put less then 200 km's on it throughout the year. Its possible to start off on the SV, but I know well enough that the 650 will get me in trouble eventually. Going to stick with the Ninja 250r for at least 2 seasons. When I hit 21, I'm eligible for Statefarm insurance which will let me get a SS bike. This seems to be the perfect stepping stone for me.

P.S. When I say the ninja is better, I mean that it is a better bike for beginners (insurance wise, and ease of usage) The SV, though a sport-touring bike, was still giving me much higher insurance premiums. Definately gonna miss the V-twin though.
    Ok this makes sense now from a performance point of view that made no sense. Insurance point of view makes total sense

congrats man, look forward to riding in the spring!

Congrats!

That's a lovely mint looking bike, love the red!

Nice bike. Get rid of the fender though.

Remember, the Ninja won't be your last bike. You can always buy another SV later.

Good for you! I couldn't help but to go straight to a SS but your doing the right steps.

I've officially hit the point where I sit on the bike in the garage and make revving noises -_-
    This is gonna be one long winter.

I've officially hit the point where I sit on the bike in the garage and make revving noises -_-
    This is gonna be one long winter.
    I feel your pain, my bike is 3 weeks old and I'm trying to figure out a way to crane her into the living room of my condo!

FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

congrats..love dem quarter litres with cheese
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/signaturepics/sigpic29682_1.gif

I was not a part of that class.

QUARTER LITRE WITH CHEESE

The Ninja 250 was my 4th bike and the most fun so far.
    New to me for 2012.

Congrats on the bike and like jukon said, get rid of the christmas tree in the back
    To ride or not to ride…THAT is a stupid question !!