Andy#180 from new TV show HOT LAP

Thread: Andy#180 from new TV show HOT LAP

Andy#180 from new TV show HOT LAP

Hi. You might have heard about a new tv show called HOT LAP that is being Launched at the Motorcycle Supershow in January - I am the show's creator and producer - Anyways the gist of the show is a group of trackday riders travel the ten best tracks in North America challenging local riders to a fastest lap contest. It's like a cross between BBC's Top Gear and a super-bike racing version of American Idol.

All that promotional stuff aside, we are planning 3 track days in Canada for the start of season 1... Mosport, Calabogie and Circuit Mont-Tremblant. We are putting out a casting call to forums members on GTA Motorcycles to pass the word along, if you are a regular trackday rider and you want to go for a title shot - HOT LAP Champion and Win a FREE trip to Laguna seca for the grand finale, and a brand new bike - then this might just be for you!

The shows contestants are drawn randomly from track day attendees so literally anyone can play. All you have to do is be registered on track day, use our free timing system and your name, and lap times, will be entered into te finalists draw where your fate is determined in one '20 minute, run your fastest lap' session!

So - Have questions? Ask them here and I will try to answer them for all to see here on the boards. Jiggatwist who is also a member here on this board is also a cast member so you can always PM him too. Here's the link to the show's website with a preview clip if you want to check it out! Cheers - Andy#180, Host and Producer HOT LAP.

http://hotlaptv.com/synopsis.html

Re: Andy#180 from new TV show HOT LAP

welcome!

so correct me if i'm wrong, the person with the fastest times wins and gets free bike & trip to laguna seca?

as an aside, it just occurred to me that the name is really close to another group, does this have anything to do with GoLo's Hot Lap Events?
    x

Hrm. Interesting. I might be ... interested.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Welcome, and ya probably wanna post in the Track Days section for maximum exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    so correct me if i'm wrong, the person with the fastest times wins and gets free bike & trip to laguna seca?
    From what I gather, they will be present at select track days (yet to be specified) in different areas throughout the season. These are ordinary track days run by regular organisers that anyone can sign up for.

They will pit their riders against up to 10 challengers at the track day. To be a challenger, one must be signed up on their site, attend the track day, and if there are more than 10 eligibe contenders at the track day they will randomly select 10 from the group.

The fastest of the 10 challengers over the course of the day wins a spot at the finale at Laguna, though it's unclear what that includes. If they're also faster than their own riders, they win some kind of prize pack. The winner at Laguna wins a bike I think.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Welcome, and ya probably wanna post in the Track Days section for maximum exposure.

From what I gather, they will be present at select track days (yet to be specified) in different areas throughout the season. These are ordinary track days run by regular organisers that anyone can sign up for.

They will pit their riders against up to 10 challengers at the track day. To be a challenger, one must be signed up on their site, attend the track day, and if there are more than 10 eligibe contenders at the track day they will randomly select 10 from the group.

The fastest of the 10 challengers over the course of the day wins a spot at the finale at Laguna, though it's unclear what that includes. If they're also faster than their own riders, they win some kind of prize pack. The winner at Laguna wins a bike I think.
    sounds like they're turning track days into race days.... and those riding in red need only apply.
    x

Welcome!!

Thanks for the quick feedback guys - yes, there are prize packs on each track day event.. And the fastest rider of the day goes on to the finale in California, where they can win a FREE bike and a chance to join the champions team as a cast member for season 2, which is the best of Europe and a few more US tracks on the schedule.

Any rider familliar with trackdays I.e. Intermediate-advanced can enter on trackday, the final ten challengers are drawn at random, so the actual pool of ten official challengers will always be a mixed bag of bikes and rider levels.

The winner is purely based on achieved lap times, and there is no special session during the lapping day where a 'race like' situation occurs, actually quite the opposite - the challengers have to accumulate laps as regular participants... Essentially chasing their own ghost lap, trying to improve as the day goes on.

We ride a mix of 600, 750 and 1000cc bikes, so your time and bike is compared to the champion best time on the same size, so your lap times are relative to your class. Winners are based on the relative gap between the challenger and the champion times. It's like best ball in golf, except on yer bike!

We are still building our sponsor roster so prizes are going to be driven by the deals, so all that will be available throughout the winter, announcements will be made at the Supershow, we are filming live on the main stage all 3 days various interviews and segments with local and international stars.

Be there! You can sign up at the website for the casting call - it's essentially a forums board we use to give track day guys the early heads up of where we are filming, so you can get the jump on other riders and book your trackdays to coincide with filming...