11 months

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 months

11 months

in case anyone never really saw the hit that knocked out crosby, this is it.

first off, it looked accidental. but thats not the point. It didnt really look all that bad

this guy gets knocked out of hockey for 11 months ?!? He ditched on his team in the playoffs. what a pussy.

how can anyone on his team respect this guy is beyond me.

ever watch an MMA fight ? they take harder shots than that in the first 20 seconds of a fight, and keep going ( and MMA is looked at under a microscope by the Gov't ) as far as injuries are concerned.

Attachment 0

this guy took a beating from Jose Aldo in Toronto during the last UFC He was cleared by doc's after 60 days.

Crosby may be a talented player, but anyone that ditches their teammates when they need him most, is a pussy.

11 months ? whats going to happen next time ?

Re: 11 months

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    whats going to happen next time ?

He'll retire, buy you with all that Reebok money, and turn you into his pet monkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

11 months is indeed a joke for that hit.

But it WAS a hard shot to the head, you can't downplay that. To say a hit like that happens in every UFC fight isn't accurate. Shots like that almost always result in knockouts and subsequent medical suspensions.

yeah.....cause everyone's brain sits in their skull exactly the same

look at the Lindros clan...bad genes for the brain rattling in the skull when they get clocked....and where are they now? those kids were huge, talented and tough

you could have a 100lb housewife take a concussion-free shot to the melon and a 300lb monster get screwed with the same shot depending on whether the brain rattles or not

Crosby's camp have playing this super-safe and smart cause this kid is supposed to be the next Wayne and they don't want him to be a drooling bag of hammers when he's 50

I still think he's done though....one more hit away from retirement and it's sad

fwiw...I'd rather take repeated close-range punches than repeated head-on collisions on skates...way more speed on the skates and the blow to the skull makes the punches seem like swatting flies

Lace up your skates and take Crosby's place.

lol...everyone's a doctor here.

so he took 11 months...who cares.

i'm not paying his salary so i don't care. i hope the nhl goes like soccer with all the fakers and the fans stop watching that league.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by FullMotoJacket View Post
    He'll retire, buy you with all that Reebok money, and turn you into his pet monkey.
    So true man...it's 100% about the Benjamins.

Don't forget this kid lived with Lemieux, he owns that kid's ***. He's not going to let him go back to work one second before they think he's ready. Not a Pittsburgh follower, but did they pick up any muscle in the offseason? Would be shocked if they didn't.

I still think it's ****ing jokes Lemieux ******* about headshots when they were leading the league in PiM.
    2007 VRSCDX Night Rod Special - aka. The Bike I wanted in the first place.
    2002 Honda Shadow 750 ACE

Straight Pipes 4 life!

Wow..this forum is awesome sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Wow..this forum is awesome sometimes..
    Since when did we start taking Yetti's posts seriously? I must have missed that memo. You have my fax number. keep me in the loop, man!
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

You don't know much about concussions do you?

if Crosby had not played another game after the Steckel hit and getting driven hard into the board he may not have been out for 11 months.

I know zilch about hockey, but that UFC guy in the picture is one ugly dude
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    i'm not paying his salary so i don't care. i hope the nhl goes like soccer with all the fakers and the fans stop watching that league.
    Soccer is extremly popular in Europe, even with all those fakers....nobody will stop watching NHL because of a bunch of fakers.
    Hercule CC130 J Support our troop by air

Pilot without technician are just walker with cool jacket and sunglasse

RACING Because football, baseball, bowling and golf only require ONE BALL

No head injury or concussion is the same, and no one reacts uniformly to it. You can't look at a hit and decide how much damage it's going to cause. Sorry, but I'd take his doctor(s) word over your youtube video review any day.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

I've seen it all here, so not surprising that GTAM has brain experts as well. It's really a talented board ..... what a joke.

Sure, like the tough MMA guys have a meaningful life after 40 ..... Crosby is too smart to get the rest of his life messed up for few bucks he doesn't need. Certainly MMA fighters or boxers would not fall into that category.

Dont tell me any one of you wouldnt say something, if a co-worker took a hit in the head, and was off on comp for a year, saying they had a concussion.

every single person would say they were full of crap, and abusing the system.

how many players do you see from the 50's- to the 80's walking around with some type of brain disorder ? they didnt even wear helmets then. the ice was just as hard when they fell on it, the puck still is the same weight when they took a shot to the head

if this situation happened in the 70's, and crosby said. " i'm not playing for you guys, try and win the cup without me " his own teammates would have beat the crap out of him..lol

Some perspective: a friend of mine had brain surgery to remove a tumor and was back to normal in less than a year playing sports and all.

comparing the NHL from the 50's to 80's to now is not a straight comparison

the players now are bigger and faster, the equipment is a suit of armour....and the entire game is way faster

just think of the difference in skate technology alone in 1955 versus today and it's plain as day why the game has gotten faster

pretty sure the players aren't chain smoking in the locker-rooms and doing lines of coke in between periods anymore either....theses guys are serious athletes

one controversal way (that will never happen) to limit head injuries in today's game would be to take all the protective gear (including helmets) and get rid of them...cause you're not gonna try and plow some dude into next week if you think you're gonna hurt yourself in the process

I think there was more respect back in the day simply because there was less protection

I mentioned Lindros before....was he a wimp at 6'4" and 245lbs with the type of game he played? Did his career get cut short considering he retired at 34 years old?

Bobby Clarke railed on that kid so he got back on the ice countless times when he shouldn't have. And from what I read about concussions, if you don't let them fully heal then your chances of getting them easier increases. Lindros is only 38 and I'd bet his body can still play the game and would be right now, but his head can't cause it's a jar of marbles.

been a ton of medical progress in the last 60 years too, and I'd bet Crosby's docs are using the best of the best to make sure this kid doesn't end up being lunch meat

I'm pretty sure MMA fighters and boxers don't have anything important in their skulls so taking big hits doesn't actually damage anything.
    I swear everytime I see a boxer/MMA fighter speak on tv or whatever, they have the intelligence level of a 6 year old.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011