Tablet computer opinions - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tablet computer opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tablet computer opinions

I want one too, but think I will wait for the next generation of Android tablets.

The Toshiba has lots of external ports which is unlike the other tablets on the market.
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...029ecddab9en02

However it weighs in at 750g and 10" in size. So quite large and heavy.

I have a Asus Transformer as well, It's really nice but it doesn't replace a computer. I lvoe that I can use splashtop(app comes with the system) to remote connect to my computer from anywhere, the only issue is many places(like college) block the ports needed to use the remote connection.
    It's fast, supports flash, great camera, beautiful screen. If you want a tablet do some research on it before you make your mind on what to buy.

I use mine for taking notes at college, email, games, Movies(also has hdmi out) and general internet browsing.
    Here is a good review of it.

*edit* Also 16 hour battery life is very nice to have.
    Last edited by guym; 10-15-2011 at 12:56 AM.
    My Ride: 2009 Ninja 250R SE

And pretty good price - 239 for transfromer - http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...32978(ME).aspx
    sold out but keep watching rfd

For me I would stay with a laptop for business, tablet are for personal use in my view. For me when I travel I take both my laptop and IPAD, laptop for work and IPAD for personal email and web browsing. I have ordered a playbook from RIM as I use a BB for work and Iphone as my personal. With the Playbook I can read and respond to work emails. While I can output from the playbook for presentation I would not be able to control the presentation. Recomend stick with a laptop how about the HP2740P?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahulk View Post
    For me I would stay with a laptop for business, tablet are for personal use in my view. For me when I travel I take both my laptop and IPAD, laptop for work and IPAD for personal email and web browsing. I have ordered a playbook from RIM as I use a BB for work and Iphone as my personal. With the Playbook I can read and respond to work emails. While I can output from the playbook for presentation I would not be able to control the presentation. Recomend stick with a laptop how about the HP2740P?
    you're gonna need a cart just to cart around the electronic... 2 smart phones, 2 tablets, another note book....
    x

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    you're gonna need a cart just to cart around the electronic... 2 smart phones, 2 tablets, another note book....
    Fits in Carry on luggage and my briefcase just fine as with most business travelers we travel light. I do not take both phone just forward my personal to the work and will use the playbook when I am traveling on business.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
    That's tough to say. Without a BB you lose out on a LOT of functionality. On the other hand the browser really is that good.

It would depend on how good the competition is; particularly that new samsung galaxy tablet. In all honesty, though, if it weren't for my bb then i probably would've waited for the right android tablet.
    +1 on the playbook browser, best ive seen on a tablet.. miles ahead of the ipad in this regard. the screen is smaller, so to each its own but i actually prefer the smaller size.

I do use a blackberry, and as such im very happy with the playbook the way it is, but the functionality you are speaking of should be available in the software update comming out later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    I wouldn't mind outputting PowerPoints to a projector occasionally. I have a wireless USB to DVI device that I can use for this but I'm not sure how easy that would be to use in that way with Android OS or any other OS for tablets.
    the playbook has hdmi out for presentations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahulk View Post
    the playbooks presentation mode alows you to not only output and control presentations, you can choose between mirror mode and presentation mode which allows you to multitask, bring up other parts of your presentation or notes while the presentation continues on screen..

I have the Asus T101MT. It's good, has a 250 gb hard drive, 1gb memory.
    http://ca.asus.com/en/Eee/Eee_PC/Eee_PC_T101MT/

I've got an exopc. From a Canadian company and it runs full windows7 which was a must for me.

Sent from my Huawei_8100-9 using Tapatalk