Rider's choice for first set of gear - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rider's choice for first set of gear

Re: Rider's choice for first set of gear

Funny I actually had a crap experience at GP as well and ironically it was to do with women's gear.

Your experience sounds bad also!

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
    ^That was my experience at GP Bikes with some greasy louse in the main floor parts department. He started bad mouthing other shops and their gear selection when I complained that GP Bikes carried next to nothing in women's gloves and boots. The guy wouldn't shut up, either. I ended up just walking away from him while he continued to yabber on relentlessly, dissing every other shop. He even named shop owner names at that. His behaviour was deplorable.

Again, weird. When I was 1-piece suit shopping, they told me to get on the bike on the showroom floor to see how the suits felt when tucked. I spent a lot of time on that bike until I found the perfect suit.

And when I was shopping, I had forgotten my compression UA so they opened up packages of their P.U.G brand for me to use. That was really nice of them.
    +1.

Bought a 1pc there last year. John INSISTED, I get on the bike in the showroom to test it out, as I *thought* it was too small and tight.

Also, forgot to bring my back pro, so John took one off the showroom floor and let me put it on, while I tried suits.

Funny thing, as he eyeballe me up and down as I was trying on suits, he kept pushing me to the smaller size. and said it will adapt to me. Went home, put it on again, and it still felt small.

Several track days later..... love my suit and glad I took Johns recommendation. the next size up would have been too loose.

Icing on the cake, he gave me better than US pricing for it.

BTW, Im male, so maybe they thought I was cute.

I went in there during the Dainese sale a few weeks ago. John looked at me and told me what size 1 piece I needed. After trying on 4 different suits with their back protector (forgot mine), and climbing all over their track S1000RR out back in the shop, I had to admit that he was right. And it was the less expensive option.
    People may forget that these guys are all track oriented and will push you into a smaller size because it will protect you far better than a loose fit. Snug is good. And no, I'm not a girl. But my wife is and she was with me. We drove them nuts for over an hour, and nobody complained. Lots of jokes about the "mankini" when the suit was too small, and "fartbag" when it was too big. A good time was had by all. I will go there again for gear.

Again, weird. When I was 1-piece suit shopping, they told me to get on the bike on the showroom floor to see how the suits felt when tucked. I spent a lot of time on that bike until I found the perfect suit.

And when I was shopping, I had forgotten my compression UA so they opened up packages of their P.U.G brand for me to use. That was really nice of them.
    I think it's because I am a N00B. He was probably worried about the Ducati. I don't blame him, I wouldn't want a N00B other than me to mount my ninja 250 as well. LOL. I just wanted to share my experience. Reviews are clearly mixed at the place so I am sure there is a good side. Their pricing for a lot of things is great so if you don't care or can look past any bad service you may/may not encounter, RC is still good shop. But with my experiences and my principles, I will not be going there.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/signaturepics/sigpic29682_1.gif

I was not a part of that class.

QUARTER LITRE WITH CHEESE

Quote Originally Posted by mimico_polak View Post
    I'm a total noob at this and have started looking for gear.
    My GF just got a Velocity 1pc suit and absolutely loves it. I would stop in and see if they have any overstock suits or gear you would like. They had NICE gloves for $50, overstock suits and jackets CHEAP! If you wanna go for the gusto they can also custom make you a suit, to your measurements, with whatever logo's on it you want!

You can send Velocity SportsGear a pm. Or his place is:

http://www.velocitysportsgear.ca
    Velocity Sportsgear Inc.
    7480 Kimbel Street, Unit 1
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Canada. L5S 1C8
    Phone: 1-905-461-9241
    Email: Info@velocitysportsgear.com

It's best to call and ask for their hours if you plan to go see them.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Yeah, I still don't understand the bad service some people are getting. They've always been good with me. Mr. McBride has always been really nice to me and given me additional discounts as well. RC is my favourite place for gear.
    You have boobs, that's why they're nicer to you.

that pic proves you know nothing about the CORRECT fit of a suit
    dont promote that company, "YOU" dont own a Velocity suit
    that suit is unsafe
    too loose and baggy
    "I" have received "3" (and 2 points) warnings at GTA Motorcycle.com

YO....its about time...I'm honored

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Double OH View Post
    that pic proves you know nothing about the CORRECT fit of a suit, dont promote that company, "YOU" dont own a Velocity suit, that suit is unsafe, too loose and baggy
    She just picked that suit off the rack, it wasn't made for her.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Azim View Post
    You have boobs, that's why they're nicer to you.
    So does Rafiki911 and KawasakiGal.

Next theory?

Yup and bigs ones at that. lol My friend that came with me is always nice and she was even wearing a low cut top and they ignored her till she asked for help 15 minutes after. lol

Next theory?
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Double OH View Post
    that pic proves you know nothing about the CORRECT fit of a suit
    dont promote that company, "YOU" dont own a Velocity suit
    that suit is unsafe
    too loose and baggy
    I have a Velocity suit that was made for me and it fits how it should. I need to lose weight this winter as I'm stretching it out in directions I don't want it to go.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

True LOL

Next theory?

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    Yup and bigs ones at that. lol My friend that came with me is always nice and she was even wearing a low cut top and they ignored her till she asked for help 15 minutes after. lol
    It looks like John and the staff has just gotten used to the company of men..... o_O

Or maybe they are only really nice to people looking at expensive suits? I was only looking at gloves...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Azim View Post
    It looks like John and the staff has just gotten used to the company of men..... o_O
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Thank-you =)

Or maybe they are only really nice to people looking at expensive suits? I was only looking at gloves...
    I ended up getting my Dainese 1-piece for $900. In the world of race suits, that's cheap. Mind you, I also bought a new Dainese BP at the same time and told them I'd be back in a few days for the Pit Bull front and rear stands for my bike (and I did go back 2 days later and bought them).

yup they saw dollar signs. lol

I have no idea how they can be so nice and helpful to some and not others. Like I said it was like night and day from my first visit.

I ended up getting my Dainese 1-piece for $900. In the world of race suits, that's cheap. Mind you, I also bought a new Dainese BP at the same time and told them I'd be back in a few days for the Pit Bull front and rear stands for my bike (and I did go back 2 days later and bought them).
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Thank-you =)

yup they saw dollar signs. lol

I have no idea how they can be so nice and helpful to some and not others. Like I said it was like night and day from my first visit.
    For all they knew, I wasn't going to buy anything though. I had been in a couple times before that and tried on women's suits (they all fit terribly) and didn't spend a dime. Still didn't stop them from being nice to me every time I've been in.

I ended up getting my Dainese 1-piece for $900..
    Not bad considering you paid a 300% markup instead of a 400% markup...... John can afford to give a "discount" here and there.
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

I dont really think there is any particular rhyme or reason to it, whether it be female or male, whether it be that your spending big money or your not, the general vibe I have gotten is that they couldnt really care whether they have your business or not(which is rather unfortunate because it simply just doesnt make you want to shop there), this isnt personally how I would run a business, because word of mouth is often the best form of getting customers, you hear people talk less about their good experiences and when someone has one bad experience all of their friends/family, people they meet etc usually are aware.

Jenn

Pics or it didn't happen :P