Any Sushi FIENDS? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Sushi FIENDS?

Re: Any Sushi FIENDS?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe View Post
    You also pay the difference. The smallest tasting menu option at Kaji is $80... and that is before drinks, tax, and tip. I've been to Kaji a few times now... it's above and beyond anything else, but I still enjoy AYCE places.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Spoon & Fork in Oakville. It's an AYCE Thai/Japanese mix. The quality is much better than most places.
    yeah, kaji is at the extreme high end. but you don't have to pay an arm and a leg. you can also eat mid-range at authentic japanese sushi at places like ema-tei.

once you taste the texture difference between good quality (not expensive, but quality) and all-you-can eat sushi, its hard to imagine going back to ayce.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFaLoB View Post
    yeah, kaji is at the extreme high end. but you don't have to pay an arm and a leg. you can also eat mid-range at authentic japanese sushi at places like ema-tei.

once you taste the texture difference between good quality (not expensive, but quality) and all-you-can eat sushi, its hard to imagine going back to ayce.
    I wouldn't just limit to "authentic Japanese" only. There are a few good Korean run Japanese places. Also Korean dishes with raw fish are quite good: Hwe Dup Bap being one of my most favorite meals. Though Chinese run Japanese places are mostly a huge miss for me... I hate all those roles with mayo and junk.

The Rolls with mayo are big in Japan with the younger crowd. Not my cup of tea, best sashimi was at a place in kumamoto Japan, served with the still moving looking at me, just missing two filets.
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    Aji Sai is great and price is fair too. If you want something that's a bit more but more variety, then try matsuda on steeles and middlefield. That's my go to AYCE sushi place. It's a bit pricey on the weekends but you get beef tataki and all them goodies. Very fresh and tastes amazing. If you want somethng that's inexpensive and not all you can eat then try Ni Ji on ellesmere and midland. That place has very fair prices (family boat for 50 bucks enough to fill up a family of 4) and food there is also very fresh.
    yup, love this place, definitely a go with that one, drop in for lunch one day, quality is good...i'm there at least twice a month, and that says alot since i don't eat out much...i used to go to ten-ichi, but quality went down a bit, and service was slow...but it still gets packed...