Good place for carb cleaning

Thread: Good place for carb cleaning

Good place for carb cleaning

Hi everyone I am farely new to riding. Just bought a 2002 Suzuki SV650s with about 40 000km.
    Its been sitting for a few months, and I finally turned her on.. the idle was/is very high (around 3000) and everytime I turn her off there's a HUGE backfire POP.
    It had a liiiitle bit of old gas so I ran some of it out and added some fresh gas.

Im going to try and turn her on this weekend and let it idle for some time and play with the idle adjuster to tone the idle down (hopefully doesnt start dying under 2000rpm)

but if it doesnt work I think I will need to do a full carburator clean and checkup etc...
    Anyone know of any good places that wont charge me up the ***** and have great friendly service?
    Pro6? Parkerbros? Kahuna?
    thx for any advice or help!!

just realizd i posted in wrong section and dont know how to delete SORRY!
    Last edited by 1eye; 10-13-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Re: Good place for carb cleaning

For affordable and reliable ken (kneedragger88 ) and Rosey Toes always come up. Many people recommend other shops (especially Pro6), but as they are supporting big shops with higher rent, expect to pay more for the work.

How are your mechanical skills? A carb teardown isn't that difficult and isn't a bad place to start learning if you are interested. Since you have a pair, you take one apart at a time so you have a properly assembled one for a guide if you can't remember how to put it back together.

Just do it yourself, it's really easy.

If you want to spend the money, then go to Rosey Toes for the cheapest rate.
    1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Current)
    2010 Ninja 250R (Sold)

+1 for Ted, this time of year is also good as most shops are slowing down so turn around should be pretty fast if you don't need parts.

piece of cake bring it to rosey toes, watch and learn too.

I am defintely going to do some research on how to do this myself but am not too mechanically inclined and do not have many tools etc... Anyone have any good how to's or step by steps? Ted is Rosey Toes I am assuming and where exactly are they located?

I will see what the situation is once I turn her on this weekend and play with the idle and run the bike a bit.

131 wendell ave. ( 401&400 ) call ted @ 416-241-2523