New rider on a CBR125 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New rider on a CBR125

Re: New rider on a CBR125

Quote Originally Posted by sykobish View Post
    hahaha The 125 is definitely a fun bike.

Feb30th, I have a cbr250r and would love to go riding if you're up to it. Tricky and I could get you used to your bike in a hurry.

I'm already thinking about upgrading.
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    LMAO we could go out on another downpour-style adventure. But seriously, we should get a group ride going
    Haha yup let's ride!!

Well after a week on the 125 I am already thinking upgrade ... to at least a 250. However that will wait until Spring. I will probably ride the 250 for at least a full season, maybe even do my M on the 250 before upgrading again to 600...

Quote Originally Posted by peterventure View Post
    I test rode the CBR125 twice and found it a lot of fun. However you need to keep the revs up to keep up with traffic. OK up to 80 km. I found that I was blown around on a windy day at 80 km, therefore I went with the GS500F. Put 5800 km this year, soon will need to be serviced.
    Yup you do... the bike is capable up to speed of 110-120 however I have to rev it up to 9k+ before switching gear... at 120 the bike runs on 9.5k RPM...

Quote Originally Posted by Feb30th View Post
    Haha yup let's ride!!

Well after a week on the 125 I am already thinking upgrade ... to at least a 250. However that will wait until Spring. I will probably ride the 250 for at least a full season, maybe even do my M on the 250 before upgrading again to 600...
    I really like my 250 but the wind gets me all the time. That and faster acceleration are the main reasons for me wanting a bigger, heavier bike. Let us know when you're free and we'll arrange something. Tricky knows all the good places. I just follow him. But remember to zip up your pockets. On our last trip, my cell phone decided to see if it could fly. It's somewhere on the road between Toronto and Bradford. lol

Tricky knows all the good places. I just follow him. But remember to zip up your pockets. On our last trip, my cell phone decided to see if it could fly. It's somewhere on the road between Toronto and Bradford. lol
    your poor cell phone!

It's suppose to rain for the next week or so, but after that I'm totally down for a group ride. I have no idea where we'd go, but who cares really?

lol I dunno what's worst... your cellphone, or my license plate flew off... I didn't even know until a nice lady in a car told me... luckyly I was able to recover it.

Welcome to the site, and to riding! Got your license just in time for winter
    Getting married? Check out my Website
    --
    Connect with me:
    Facebook | Twitter

Welcome to the forum and ride safe! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    your poor cell phone!

It's suppose to rain for the next week or so, but after that I'm totally down for a group ride. I have no idea where we'd go, but who cares really?
    I know right!?

Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Feb30th View Post
    lol I dunno what's worst... your cellphone, or my license plate flew off... I didn't even know until a nice lady in a car told me... luckyly I was able to recover it.
    lol Glad to hear you found it!

That's why I'm already thinking bigger. My 250 gets thrown around a bit in the wind. I'm thinking a 600 or something for the faster acceleration and weight.
    600 is a great bike! Test rode the Yamaha FZ6R a month ago at Oakville Yamaha. Lots of fun, easy to handle however accelerated quickly. Can easily get a speeding ticket.
    Also, should check the insurance rates. I called Riders plus and they said they do not insure R type bikes.

You might want to try some Demo Rides next year. Note: you will require an M license to ride R series bikes.
    Best Demo Bike I rode was the 2011 Busa. It a rocket!

Quote Originally Posted by peterventure View Post
    600 is a great bike! Test rode the Yamaha FZ6R a month ago at Oakville Yamaha. Lots of fun, easy to handle however accelerated quickly. Can easily get a speeding ticket.
    Also, should check the insurance rates. I called Riders plus and they said they do not insure R type bikes.

You might want to try some Demo Rides next year. Note: you will require an M license to ride R series bikes.
    Best Demo Bike I rode was the 2011 Busa. It a rocket!
    lol I bet. Busas are nice but I don't think I'd ever grow into that. haha I'll have to check out the demo rides. Sounds like fun. I was checking out the new cbr600rr. Maybe in a couple seasons I'll look into getting it and talk to my insurance company about it. Jevco is pretty good.

Hi,
    My Wife rides CBR125 and loves it. Great Starter Bike. Enjoy and Be Safe.