Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd. - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd.

Re: Lapping day at Grand Bend Sunday Oct 23rd.

If anyone is worried about being chilly, stop by Blue Streak Racing and pick up an Oxford heated vest
    Sale price including battery and charger $219.95 plus tax (regular $269.95) and as always free shipping
    They are on the web site at www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Available in M,L,Xl,XXL,XXXL
    bsrtech@xplornet.com
    519 475 9055

Chadta if you can't call, I'd pm PLS that you are interested and advise when you would be calling in your card info.

Id be hoping for temps closer to 20 than 10 unfortunatley.
    Ntec slicks need the heat.
    CyclePaintWorX - Booked solid until winter 2012.
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    Ultimate Quality Refinishing.
    519-503-8933

Hey Dean, if you don't already have warmers, I have a set you can use.

SUNNY#525
    www.tracksidecuts.com
    www.stoopidracing.com

www.981FreeFM.ca
    www.rocketfireworks.ca

http://www.womex.ca
    www.soaracing.com

Thanks to our 2012 sponsors: 98.1 Free FM, Rocket Fireworks, World of Motorcycles Expo, Trackside Cuts, RaceLine Custom Racing Leathers, 2Ride Motorcycle Magazine, Hindle Exhaust, Motion Pro Inc., WIZ Racing and Slightly Stoopid Racing

Is there anybody going that is within 30 kms of downtown Toronto with whom I could share trailer space?
    Orange Krush: 2007 KTM 950 SM
    Sexy Italian: 2009 Aprilia SR 50

Quote Originally Posted by sunny750 View Post
    Hey Dean, if you don't already have warmers, I have a set you can use.
    Warmers will get your tires up to temp. but at 12C plus cool winds you'll more than likely lose heat on the track.

Just seeing if he wanted to borrow a set of warmers if he wanted to come out. Not sure if he had any. And yes, we already know about tires losing heat on a cold day. I've done trackdays in November when there was frost on the ground in the morning, and raced when it was snowing in May.

SUNNY#525
    www.tracksidecuts.com
    www.stoopidracing.com

www.981FreeFM.ca
    www.rocketfireworks.ca

www.soaracing.com

Thanks to our 2012 sponsors: 98.1 Free FM, Rocket Fireworks, World of Motorcycles Expo, Trackside Cuts, RaceLine Custom Racing Leathers, 2Ride Motorcycle Magazine, Hindle Exhaust, Motion Pro Inc., WIZ Racing and Slightly Stoopid Racing

You've got big balls Sunny My hero!!!

Just seeing if he wanted to borrow a set of warmers if he wanted to come out. Not sure if he had any. And yes, we already know about tires losing heat on a cold day. I've done trackdays in November when there was frost on the ground in the morning, and raced when it was snowing in May.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

I was going to say something similar. Most trackers know tires loose heat in cooler weather. Spring and fall isn't balls deep riding weather.

Dean has tire warmers... Personally I don't see why you would want to ride the track when there is frost or snow on the ground but hey to each his or her own.

Have fun, ride safe...

Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post
    Dean has tire warmers... Personally I don't see why you would want to ride the track when there is frost or snow on the ground but hey to each his or her own.

Have fun, ride safe...
    We dont like to tippytoe around now do we ..
    (btw Mike,,,,, Bevens r6's are for sale, just sayin .
    CyclePaintWorX - Booked solid until winter 2012.
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    Ultimate Quality Refinishing.
    519-503-8933

Quote Originally Posted by TLDeano View Post
    Id be hoping for temps closer to 20 than 10 unfortunatley.
    Ntec slicks need the heat.
    Ntecs work great no matter what the temp.....plus no one will win the trackday so u only ride as fast as the condition will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by TLDeano View Post
    We dont like to tippytoe around now do we ..
    Some of us aren't at motogp pro level yet, so we can still learn things with some track time

Sunny makes a good point, there are races early and late in the season when weather can be iffy... learning to ride in colder conditions can only help.
    Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. - David Brent

Will a stock GS500F do, Or does it need to be modded. Does the signals need to be remove and an Oil pan installed?

Quote Originally Posted by peterventure View Post
    Will a stock GS500F do, Or does it need to be modded. Does the signals need to be remove and an Oil pan installed?
    Motorcycle tech sheet: (PDF)
    http://www.grandbendraceway.com/MOTORCYCLE%20TECH.pdf
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Some of us aren't at motogp pro level yet, so we can still learn things with some track time

Sunny makes a good point, there are races early and late in the season when weather can be iffy... learning to ride in colder conditions can only help.
    That's a good point... there are races when the weather isn't exactly perfect but there are experienced racers on the course that know a bikes limits as well as what they can do in certain conditions. Most racers will also have the proper equipment to ride extreme weather conditions. If your new to learning track you don't need a bunch of variables thrown in to the mix. My .02

Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post
    That's a good point... there are races when the weather isn't exactly perfect but there are experienced racers on the course that know a bikes limits as well as what they can do in certain conditions. Most racers will also have the proper equipment to ride extreme weather conditions. If your new to learning track you don't need a bunch of variables thrown in to the mix. My .02
    I'm not new... doesn't mean I'll ever stop trying to learn tho.

Having the equipment to ride in conditions, but never having ridden in them doesn't make much sense to me. But again, I'm not as 'experienced' as you, so what do I know?

And it's going to be a nice day anyhow, no extreme variables thrown into the mix. You don't want to go, don't. Doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it.
    Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. - David Brent

Quote Originally Posted by peterventure View Post

Yes, your GS500F will be fine. If it's not a big deal for you to do, you could remove the mirrors and signals, if not, painters tape will work fine.

As per tech requirements, you need to swap out your coolant/antifreeze for straight water or water with 'Water Wetter', it's not nearly cold enough to freeze yet so that's no worry...
    Last edited by HawkEye#311; 10-20-2011 at 12:36 AM.
    98.1 Free FM's Racing Team
    SOAR 2011 Old Boys Championship Runner-up.
    Rocket.ca womex.ca TracksideCuts.com stoopidracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    I'm not new... doesn't mean I'll ever stop trying to learn tho.

Having the equipment to ride in conditions, but never having ridden in them doesn't make much sense to me. But again, I'm not as 'experienced' as you, so what do I know?

And it's going to be a nice day anyhow, no extreme variables thrown into the mix. You don't want to go, don't. Doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it.
    If you have the right equipment to ride a 10C track and learn something then please do... I not trying to talk anyone out of a track day that they want to do, more the merrier.

Mike,

We know that riding in cooler temperatures is not for you. We got it. It seems like you are being discouraging to others from coming out for some fun. If nothing else, new track riders will learn the track layout, how to ride in 13C temps and make some new friends.

SUNNY#525
    www.tracksidecuts.com
    www.stoopidracing.com

www.981FreeFM.ca
    www.rocketfireworks.ca

www.soaracing.com

Mike,

We know that riding in cooler temperatures is not for you. We got it. It seems like you are being discouraging to others from coming out for some fun. If nothing else, new track riders will learn the track layout, how to ride in 13C temps and make some new friends.
    Yes, you are correct... I've had some experiences with cold pavement but that doesn't mean I want to talk anyone out of a track day, please have fun!