Incoming rain week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incoming rain week

Incoming rain week

I've been having a stressful school start and realized that by riding I get to "release" some of that stress. Last week was amazing...

Now God's pissing on us, THIS SUCKS! =(

And I love how next Monday currently shows the sun icon....but says 5-10mm of rain.

EDIT: I ride in light rain, not heavy rain because I carry a laptop on me.

Re: Incoming rain week

So you're blaming God because you can't ride? Grow some balls and waterproof your bag.
    Winter: '04 Acura TSX
    Summer: '06 Ninja 650R
    Daily: Coming Soon

Cool, blame your imaginary friends. Whatever makes you feel better eh. Lol
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Time to find another way to relieve stress. Otherwise its going to be a loooooooong winter.

Get a waterproof bag and your problems are solved, or even better, some waterproof lockable hard cases.

there is always a balance in life...u give a little and take a little...God is fair
    Know Yourself and Follow Your Dream, Nothing Is Impossible. You Have a Dream, You Go Get It .

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    I've been having a stressful school start and realized that by riding I get to "release" some of that stress. Last week was amazing...

Now God's pissing on us, THIS SUCKS! =(

And I love how next Monday currently shows the sun icon....but says 5-10mm of rain.

EDIT: I ride in light rain, not heavy rain because I carry a laptop on me.
    I agree with you.
    And winter will be long :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Xtina View Post
    I agree with you.
    And winter will be long :'(
    ya I think I'm gonna ride until the first snow fall...did that 2 years ago..I was riding till mid December and put it away for Jan-Feb and she was out in March again..so not sooo long of a winter....
    Veej....
    your birth certificate is an official apology from Trojan
    www.enVogueiMages.com

We just had some ridiculously awesome weather, and still complaining. Up the meds.

That's my plan as well. Until they start tossing out salt and sand, then she gets her last oil change and goes up on the stands for a couple months!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    ya I think I'm gonna ride until the first snow fall...did that 2 years ago..I was riding till mid December and put it away for Jan-Feb and she was out in March again..so not sooo long of a winter....

I like the rain, keeps things interesting, and washes the bike for me. Plus reminds me of when I was a kid, and would go just to play in it

Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Ya same here. I might also stop when I start noticing ice on the roads, whatever comes first. I don't think the cbr will like ice. I'm totally going to be the guy doing laps in his parking garage over the winter though.
    I don't ride a bike for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by mikbusa View Post
    We just had some ridiculously awesome weather, and still complaining. Up the meds.
    yeah but we were ripped off with a ****** spring

you won't hear me complain of being too hot
    x

put training wheels on your bike and ride thru winter.

Boo hooo...

Grow some balls.

i just came back from a wet ride, saw other riders too!
    lets ride first, there is plenty of time to worry about other ******.
    www.youtube.com/rashidme

Turned out nice this afternoon with no rain until later tonight. Think I'll head out as it's 18 and some broken sun ...I WILL however take rain gear.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

i hardly ride in the rain. don't like getting wet, don't like rain gear. hell i don't even like driving in the rain. everyone drives like it's a snowstorm

how do you guys maintain visibility? i just leave the visor half open and ocassionally wipe it with my gloves. wondering if there's any like protective finish that i can add to the visor to make the raindrops move off the side on their own or something

Rain-x

Riding in the rain sucks. I work outside so I get enough rain thank you.

Windshield, clear safety glasses ( excellent for visibility ) and if it's really bad I'll flip the shield down.
    Generally just poking the head into the slipstream clears anything but RainX is a good thing. There is some scuba mask stuff even better.
    I use RainX to clean my windshield of bugs figuring it will gradually build up a layer....

The other side is how visible are YOU?
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin_B12 View Post
    i hardly ride in the rain. don't like getting wet, don't like rain gear. hell i don't even like driving in the rain. everyone drives like it's a snowstorm

how do you guys maintain visibility? i just leave the visor half open and ocassionally wipe it with my gloves. wondering if there's any like protective finish that i can add to the visor to make the raindrops move off the side on their own or something
    Half open is so annoying with all the rain hitting your face. Depending on what kind of rain and how fast you are going, rain with come off your shield.
    Winter: '04 Acura TSX
    Summer: '06 Ninja 650R
    Daily: Coming Soon