Bought a 2004 cbr600rr and got PLAYED - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bought a 2004 cbr600rr and got PLAYED

Re: Bought a 2004 cbr600rr and got PLAYED

Ebay is your friend for semi-older bikes, you can find lots of stuff on there for a good price. Invest in the service manual, you'll be surprised how much you can do with a little trial and error, don't be affraid

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm gonna go see Johnny and probably just get a new fork, chain and sprockets.

Quote Originally Posted by TFFmarvel View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys, I'm gonna go see Johnny and probably just get a new fork, chain and sprockets.
    He clearly isnt getting the big picture...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oren102 View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by oren102 View Post
    Im sure he means a new/used fork, considering he has a post in the classifieds looking for a used one

Also considering I just called Honda and front right fork for the 03/04 is back ordered till at least December, and $608.49 + tax

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I just called Honda and front right fork for the 03/04 is back ordered till at least December, and $608.49 + tax
    That sucks..

Johnny do you have a shop location? Would you work on Suzuki bikes or just Honda? I can't find it on google...

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    with a Two Bros Exhaust, X-TRE
    2010 GSXR-1000 (SOLD)
    2007 GSXR-600 (SOLD)

"I hate when people fight over the internet... OOO whatcha going to do, caps lock me to death..."

Quote Originally Posted by IRONLUNG View Post
    That sucks..

Johnny do you have a shop location? Would you work on Suzuki bikes or just Honda? I can't find it on google...
    I think there is a link on the 1st page of this thread
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

OP have you checked the law about undisclosed damage - you might win in small claims court if the damage was not disclosed.
    Ontario may have some laws when it's a motor vehicle.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-R...item5d309ceaf4
    Just under $200 for sprocket combo with chain.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CBR600RR-03-04-Passenger-Foot-Pegs-Set-Rear-/280715779809?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash =item415bf6dee1

rear pegs $100
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YOSHI...item3a6aa1d479
    $345.00
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...item5ae2dfa7ac
    $280
    ----------------
    TOTAL: $925

P.s. All you need is the sprocket and chain $200 bucks. Exhaust doesn't matter man. Pegs don't matter unless there falling off. Only thing if Exhaust is damaged check if sub-frame is bent but it should be ok. Never pay retail check eBay first, don't buy from mechanic without doing your own price checks. Also check http://www.600rr.net those guys are sometimes willing to ship to Canada, I got vortex rear sets; mint condition for $200.

P.s.s Also since you bought an older bike change filter, spark plugs, oil and coolent as soon as possible even before you start riding.

I would recommend you take you bike to http://www.z1cycletech.com/ awesome guys and straight forward.

I wish you all the best and enjoy your new bike.

Cheers

Fil

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    OP have you checked the law about undisclosed damage - you might win in small claims court if the damage was not disclosed.
    Ontario may have some laws when it's a motor vehicle.
    You got to be kidding me, you can sue someone because the fairings/exhaust were scratched?
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

How can you prove that the scratches existed before you bought the bike?...
    How can you prove that you were not the one that caused the damage?...
    And if you noticed, why wasn't anything mentioned prior to completion of the sale?

The only time you can sue someone for "undisclosed damages" is if the vehicle has been in an accident, tampered mileage, etc.. which you have to have the paper work to prove that it was.
    Example, a carproof report showing a claim or inconsistent reading in the mileage.

Next thing you know, you can sue a guy for looking at you the wrong way... jeeeezz!!!
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by boarder360 View Post
    I may have to stop by sometime too.

The only time you can sue someone for "undisclosed damages" is if the vehicle has been in an accident, tampered mileage, etc.. which you have to have the paper work to prove that it was.
    Did you actually read the damage or just like to hear your own nonsense......

First thing, the bike had been laid down (I should have seen the scratches on the right passenger peg) the exhaust was a bit mushed up (which he told me was most likely from wheeling on the bike) the chain and sprockets need to be replaced and the best one was that the front right fork was damaged and needs to be replaced too.
    scratches, chain and sprocket - no biggie.to be expected...overall tho- the bike had been in an accident and that was not disclosed - small claims is no big thing to undertake and I would bet the judge would have half the cost of repairs awarded to the buyer.

it is one reason I always insist on the safety being done by the seller.....or no sale.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

A bike laying on it's side does not equal an accident.

An accident would require substantial damage/repairs and would have to have a paper trail in order to take it further.
    Again a carfax/carproof report etc...

People drop their bikes everyday, does that mean the vehicle was in an accident?... not at all!
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    Yeah, so?
    It's a stunning black/green color combination, it's a low vin# which makes it a collector's item and dude... it's a 1 owner.
    lol... collectors item....lololololololol

scratches? thats what stickers are for.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Maybe a legend for talking **** on GTAM......I just like to help people with bikes......Ask anyone that has actually dealt with me in person, Im very helpful and I work cheap. Ive helped people in the exact same situation, even with the exact same bike....A girl friend of mine bought an 04 600RR a few seasons ago, unknowingly it had a bent front rotor....Shops were quoting her $600 for a new rotor, I sourced and installed a straight used one for $80. Some were even telling here the pulsing in the brake lever was the master cylinder, and she would need a new one also...BS!

Along with some other small fix ups she was on the road for of what local shops were going to charge her...That is the kind of savings most people will experience with me...
    Johnny...I don't know you and you don't know me but your my man from now on

I'll be calling on your shop next year

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    Toysforboys strikes again..
    WTF is that supposed to mean?

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    You paid almost 5,000 for a 2004 CBR?

You are right, you did get played.
    Seems you havent checked prices lately. $4750 for a 2004 600RR in good shape is a great deal. Having said that it seems this one isnt in such good shape. Even so if he can get it back to "good" for $5500 all in he still has a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by jdepp View Post
    Seems you havent checked prices lately. $4750 for a 2004 600RR in good shape is a great deal. Having said that it seems this one isnt in such good shape. Even so if he can get it back to "good" for $5500 all in he still has a good deal
    3 years ago i sold a 2004 ZX-10R in decent shape for $5500.

Y'all keep buyin bikes for stupid prices up here, I'll continue to buy in the US and save thousands.