Parts Canada pulls out of CSBK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts Canada pulls out of CSBK

Parts Canada pulls out of CSBK

"For Immediate Release
    Parts Canada
    October 11th, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    Parts Canada announces today that it will not be renewing sponsorship for 2012 with
    CSBK for the Canadian Superbike Championship.
    Parts Canada has proudly supported the Canadian National road racing series as title
    sponsor since 1990. Even through the economic downturn and with other series
    partners finding it necessary to cut back (or disengage completely), Parts Canada
    continued to support the series as its title sponsor, and has provided support in many
    other ways including team support, and rider support, both amateur and professional.
    After a successful 2011 season with new ownership and the new title of CSBK Parts
    Canada, Parts Canada was excited to be discussing the program for 2012. Having
    fulfilled all of its obligations for the 2011 season and looking forward to 2012, Parts
    Canada was forced to re-evaluate its investment in the series. In part, this decision is as
    a result of recent public events related to the series organizer, with which Parts Canada
    does not want to be associated. Parts Canada intends to stand firm in its corporate
    beliefs and as a result must pull away from the current series.
    James Danyluk, President of Parts Canada adds, “This is not an easy decision for us,
    as we are proud of our racing heritage. Parts Canada has and will continue to be one of
    the preeminent sponsors of motorcycle racing in Canada, be it road racing, motorcross,
    drag racing or any other type. Parts Canada respects all of the supporters, riders, team
    owners, technicians and fans, and does not wish to be associated with or condone
    conduct that is not consistent with this philosophy. We support the sport, and will
    continue our efforts to promote motorcycling in Canada. We are looking forward to a
    fresh beginning.”
    For additional information contact Laura Lang laural@partscanada.com"

Re: Parts Canada pulls out of CSBK

This certainly does not bode well for the Nationals.

Parts Canada SOAR series?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Parts Canada SOAR series?
    A pleasant thought.. but i hope you reailze how bad this is for racing in Canada.

Oh it is bad... very bad. I don't have the answer as how to turn it around, but a hope would be that one of the other organizations would become popular enough with the amateur ranks, that in the future it would start having pro classes at the national level.

It always sucks to see a big name supporter pull out of any motorsports series in Canada. Get involved with racing in the States and you will see we are decades away from the support they have down there. Curious if anyone can shed some light on
    a result of recent public events related to the series organizer, with which Parts Canada
    does not want to be associated.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Oh it is bad... very bad. I don't have the answer as how to turn it around, but a hope would be that one of the other organizations would become popular enough with the amateur ranks, that in the future it would start having pro classes at the national level.
    Up until now, there's been too much animosity between the various regional series for them to take up the slack. It would be possible for them to get together, and create a National Series replacement, but possible and likely are worlds apart. As it sits, this is the death of the National Series.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

"In part, this decision is as
    does not want to be associated."

What are they referring to?
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    "In part, this decision is as
    does not want to be associated."

What are they referring to?
    http://www.cherrypickerracing.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19678&PN=1&TPN=3

Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

For what it's worth.. I'd think good and hard before I gave any of my hard earned money to Orion Motorsports. If there is a national series year and it is a Pirelli spec tire I will buy my tires out of the US.

For what it's worth.. I'd think good and hard before I gave any of my hard earned money to Orion Motorsports. If there is a national series year and it is a Pirelli spec tire I will buy my tires out of the US.
    ........... IF there is a National this year and IF it is a spec tire series YOU WILL buy your tires fom Kevin or YOU WILL not race THAT series ......... just the way its going to be (they won't even mount your tires, IF there bought from "elseware" .......) Tim, isn't it just easier to race one of the other 2 series? RACE will have to rebuild and SOAR is well, is SOARING..... BG

Given that purchases are recorded, and that the tires are likely marked, I doubt that would be an option. It's an easy DQ.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

But they were all "take offs"

Unless they really were, that line would last about 2 seconds on the grid.

but they were all "take offs"
    ............ No soup for you................... Bg

Dang it! So much for that idea.

Seems like a sponsor that wanted out.

Maybe now some of the big wigs will see there needs to be some changes up top.
    CyclePaintWorX - Booked solid until winter 2012.
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    Ultimate Quality Refinishing.
    519-503-8933

Quote Originally Posted by rbjeepthing View Post
    It always sucks to see a big name supporter pull out of any motorsports series in Canada. Get involved with racing in the States and you will see we are decades away from the support they have down there. Curious if anyone can shed some light on ?
    We are not decades away, we will never have that kind of support.

It's not mathematically possible in this country.