Campbellville - Side Road 15 - RIP - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campbellville - Side Road 15 - RIP

Re: Campbellville - Side Road 15 - RIP

there were a few accidents from fellow riders in that area this weekend...and that sideroad has some fun corners in it....was through there yesterday and groups were ripping through there...sorry to hear the news...

Rip rider
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

Rider down in Georgetown - RIP

A 27 yr old Shelburne man was killed this morning in a motorcycle crash in the Town of Halton Hills (Georgetown) on Saturday October 8th, 2011.

Police were called to the scene on 15 Side Road just west of Trafalgar Road shortly before 9:30 a..m.

The man was riding with a group of 3 other motorcyclists westbound on 15 Side Road when he lost control of his bike. The rider was ejected off his bike. He collided with a wire guard rail and wooden support post, while the bike continued to slide westbound along the roadway.

Paramedics arrived shortly thereafter and pronounced the victim dead at the scene. Due to the collision resulting in a fatality, members of the Collision Reconstruction Unit were called to the scene and took carriage of the investigation.

The other riders have been interviewed by police as well as one independent witness. CRU Investigators believe speed to be a factor in this crash. The scene was examined for several hours while evidence was collected and analyzed.

The weather at the time was clear, sunny and dry.
    15 Side Road was closed for over 7 hours while CRU investigators collected evidence and forensically mapped the scene.

Police will not be releasing the name of the decedent.

This is the eleventh fatality to be investigated by the CRU in Halton Region for 2011 and the third to occur in the Town of Halton Hills.

Anyone with information of this crash should call Det.Cst. Dave McDougall at ext.5142 or Det.Cst. Kevin Rye at ext.5056.
    Source: Halton Police Media Release

RIP

Edit: Sorry, I think this is a repost of Campbellville - Side Road 15 - RIP
    Last edited by DaveTheCanuck; 10-11-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Re: Rider down in Georgetown - RIP

Full details of the accident are at http://www.theifp.ca/news/motorcycli...ly-remembered/

AFJ

RIP rider...sucks to hear, its one of my favourite roads and I'm usually flying when I'm there.

This is very sad and tragic. Poor guy starting out in life and obviously enjoying it.

I have been riding on that stretch of road at least four times per week for the past 15 years - sometimes on a motorcycle but more often on my bicycle. The accident occurred on a straight part of the road with excellent visibility and it was a beautiful sunny day. Most of the potholes in that section have been fixed so I fail to understand how he could have lost control even with a car coming in the other direction. As a local rider he would know the road very well, you know where you need to slow down and where you can accelerate. I know every little bump and crack in that pavement. The biggest danger is just west of there at a sharp turn where there is often gravel spilling over from a driveway.

I wonder if there was some sort of mechanical failure.

Be careful out there.

So sad for this loss that affects us all.
    RIP.

RIP rider

I often ride down SR 15 and today saw the accident site, roadside memorial with flowers etc. stopped my bike and looked at everything.
    It brought tears to my eyes. I didn't know him but when I saw the cards, letters, and pictures he must have been a good guy...lots of people who loved him and will miss him. So so tragic. Rest in peace fellow rider.

Ride safe

Rip.

Yamaha YZF600 '95 *Sold*
    Looking for my next bike...

rip

Riding alone? Look my profile up for our FB link to join us for rides!

Condolences to family and friends.
    RIP rider.