2010 ZX10R Superbike Build

Thread: 2010 ZX10R Superbike Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2010 ZX10R Superbike Build

Some of you might be interested in following along with my off-season build. I picked up a dismantled 2010 10R out of the US (everything except bodywork and a frame) for a bargain and got some help from Kawi Canada with a leftover frame from their race program. As it sits I'd be able to put together a mostly stock 10R (with the race bodywork i already have) for right around $3000. Definitely off to a good start.

The bike came with a Jardine RT5 slip-on. It's actually not a bad pipe, the midpipe that comes with it bypasses the boom box. I'll be using the stock header but I'll be gutting the cat that is in the collector.

Here's what i have on the shopping list so far.

- Ohlins shock. TTX or PRXLS
    - Attack triple clamps
    - Ohlins valve kit for forks. The 10R forks are actually pretty good in stock form. I don't feel like a 25mm or 30mm cartridge kit is requried.
    - Woodcraft clipons and case covers
    - Vortex rearsets. There are nicer sets available but the Vortex ones work well, and spare parts are plentiful.
    - PowerCommander V with Auto-Tune and quickshifter.
    - Samco rad hose kit and Cox rad guard
    - A123 cell battery
    - Accossato master cylinder along with Spiegler brake lines and a brake pad upgrade of some sort.
    - 520 DID ERV3 chain set with PBI sprockets
    - Rifleman's 1/5th turn throttle insert

That's the bulk of it. I imagine I'm missing a few items though. For now I really have no intention of going inside the motor. I do plan on keeping the bike for a few seasons so reliability is important. And realistically, there are so few people racing liter bikes that I'll still have a big horsepower advantage on most other bikes.

Stay tuned for updates.

Re: 2010 ZX10R Superbike Build

WANT!... subbed

subscribed
    Resident Loudmouth

you picked that up nearly everything for $3k? good deal, did the border guys have a hayday? Hate to say it, but that price seems suspiciously low. Hope it wasn't someones stolen ride. Keep us posted on the build!

everything was legit. seller provided the vin from the bent frame, checked out fine. customs didn't look twice and the receipt just said "motorcycle parts". a bit strange since it was all in the back of my car and with the tint under the canopy you can't see anything in the back. meh

Hurry up with the build, the pics above is what those things look like when I'm done with them and I'm looking forward to returning it to it's natural state.