Dirt bike insurance

Thread: Dirt bike insurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dirt bike insurance

I tried to get a UVIP for my 04 KX250F and the MTO had no record of the VIN. The woman there said because it's a competition bike. How do I get insurance on it now?

I think you can only get the UVIP from the manufacturer. If you didn't get it, and the bike has never been registered you'll need to get a signed affidavit sating that you're the sole owner, purchased from ____ and there are no liens on it. (I think this is the process, it;s been awhile since I did it).

As for OP's post. $130/year is pretty good. I just got quoted $287 for my 2004 RM-Z 250 but I have nothing else insured so it's makes it difficult for me.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    I tried to get a UVIP for my 04 KX250F and the MTO had no record of the VIN. The woman there said because it's a competition bike. How do I get insurance on it now?
    Competition bikes are not part of the MTO registration as they are not sold with ownerships in most cases

You have to get it plated, bring the receipt of purchase and request and off-road plate.

My YZ250f came from the dealer with an ownership. Actually, both of my race bikes have.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Competition bikes are not part of the MTO registration as they are not sold with ownerships in most cases

You have to get it plated, bring the receipt of purchase and request and off-road plate.
    got an ownership and green plate today, PITA though. So first I went in today with the bill of sale and an affidavit I made up. Was told the same thing I was yesterday, that it's a competition bike and cannot be registered. I argue, she calls headquarters. They tell her I need to call the previous owner and find out original owner. I tell her I already asked him 50 questions at time of purchase, he didn't know who it was, or who he bought he from. She calls back to headquarters, then they tell me to get a point of origin paper. Again, I dont know where the bike came from, I guess she forgot I said that 5, 10, and 15 minutes ago. Then out of pure **** luck, the woman who works at Cycle One Kawasaki walks in. I've had 5 Kawis, raced 2 of em, and they know me well there. The know her there too from doing ownership stuff. So I go down with her to the dealership, she can't even find where the bike came from, but she did type me something official up saying it's not a competition bike(aparrently that meant like ****** little pitster pro bikes and chinese junk, yeah, I can see how a Kawasaki 250 fits in there, UGH) and it's an off road bike and able to be registered. Finally that worked, cost me 100 bucks for the notary to sign it, plate and taxes. Finally.