Common theme in the job place about promotions - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common theme in the job place about promotions

Re: Common theme in the job place about promotions

Maybe the people not being promoted just aren't as good at their job as they think they are. Everyone wants to think they are the best at what they do, and are not appreciated as much as they should be.

I don't want no promotion, I just want a raise.
    Past : 06 Virago 250; 85 GSX 750; 93 GSX-R 750; 83 Nighthawk 450
    Current project : 80 CM400

Live for what you'll die for.

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

Quote Originally Posted by sonnythebull View Post
    Losers always rise to the top in bigger corporations. Because the people above them don't want to promote someone who is much better than they are. So they promote someone who is ok and a butt kisser to protect their own job.
    THIS. I was due for a promotion but my boss gave it to some chick who became a friend to her. The people that work under me are so ****** that even THEY wanna quit for me. I put in the time AND work, so it kind of sucks. But it's a good thing I've got other options.

I find that a lot of supervisors/managers/bosses are trying to find friends in their workplace...lol. And while I'm not a snob, that isn't my priority - it works against me half of the time and it works for me, in the other half.

Oh, and we're all pretty sure she didn't want to promote me 'cause she knows how quick head office would move me up. I guess I can sort of see it from her point of view...but what a *****