First sport bike. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First sport bike.

Re: First sport bike.

I have an 06' Ninja 650R. I love it. I paid $4000 for mine and $2800 for insurance. It's a really nice bike. Enough power to keep up with the supersports but not too much too kill you. I just don't like the fact that it has a banana seat and not too much storage space. If you end up buying one, I have lowering links if you need 'em.
    Winter: '04 Acura TSX
    Summer: '06 Ninja 650R
    Daily: Coming Soon

See how much insurance is on each bike and make your decision then...

I bought an 03 Katana 600 as my first bike ever... good learner and forgiving...

kind of hard to figure a bike out by just sitting on it, and not many people are open to others test driving...

I'm curious to see what op will be quoted for the mentioned bikes.

When I went with my buddy to look for a bike he went to see a GS500. Owner let him ride it even though he just graduated to M2 the weekend before and has zero street riding experience lol. I was more scared than either of them hahaha. Even sitting on the bike and rolling it around gives you a better indication if the bike may be too heavy/cumbersome, if it has an uncomfortable riding position, etc. Of course if you fall in love with a bike it's all over lol

Just to let everyone know.. I went and checked out a few bikes and fell in love with a 2006 gs500f. Bike has 12000km and has a yoshi exaust. I thought about it for a bit and decided to buy it! I'm excited to get out riding come spring!

Sweet You can ride now if you have insurance, just wait for a nice sunny day and take it easy as with it being cold you get less traction with the tires. I bought my bike mid November last year and rode it until December.
    Quote Originally Posted by gordoff View Post
    Just to let everyone know.. I went and checked out a few bikes and fell in love with a 2006 gs500f. Bike has 12000km and has a yoshi exaust. I thought about it for a bit and decided to buy it! I'm excited to get out riding come spring!
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806