Tire pressure gauge

Thread: Tire pressure gauge

Tire pressure gauge

Hey I've been putting off getting a tire pressure gauge (i don't trust the digital or stick ones) Ive grown up with a dial one with a valve and that is what I am used to. Unfortunately the one i have been using isn't exactly portable. It seems that a tire pressure gauge is just a good thing to always have with you. I was looking at the Accugauge one (http://www.ghmeiser.com/dial.htm). I was just wondering if there was any interest in this?

Re: Tire pressure gauge

Picked one up from Riders choice for $50 that has worked out well , liquid filled ,bleed valve and rubber housing

I bought one for my air compressor with a big dial. I have one of those stick one in my glove compartment in my cage. I do monthly tire checks on all my vehicles so I rarely use the stick one.

I bought an Accu-gage RRA60X through ebay. It's the most inaccurate, POS, tire pressure gauge I've ever used. You can have it if you like.

I used to have a digital one in my car for few years.
    I was unable to use the digital one on my bike due to it's design.
    I picked a stick one from.... Walmart for $5.97 +TAX.
    I honestly thought it's going to be POS and not accurate, but I compared it to the one that I have my compressor and the damn thing is quite accurate.
    I use it weekly to check pressure on my bike.
    Cheap, simple and it works for me.
    Horns-Up
    2007 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic

Hmm that's odd cause whenever i try to use a stick one its always off by quite a bit. Maybe im not using it right 0_o either way i just dont feel comfortable with them anymore.

an interesting, and revealing read:
    http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/technical/200511gauges.pdf

i
    have the AccuTire and the RoadGear digital gauges. Both are consistent with each other and various other gauges I've tried. They've proved to be quite durable too.

who knew the cheap pencil gauges could be accurate!?

I had thought about getting this RoadGear model as it comes in a form fitting case, but thought the price wasn't worth it:
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    Picked one up from Riders choice for $50 that has worked out well , liquid filled ,bleed valve and rubber housing
    Yup, I got the same one from Rider's Choice it's excellent! Very accurate.

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Oops! Double post.
    Last edited by Ikan; 10-01-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Dang BlackBerry.

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

I have used a cheap stick gauge for years. I have always felt that it is important to use the same gauge all the time. Meaning if I have one for the bikes and another in the car, then only use the one dedicated for the bikes on the bikes. I do not use someone else's gauge. This way I can monitor how the tires work and the riding charcteristics as they relate to that gauge. That way if the guage is off a pound or 2 who cares as I have learned what tire pressures work best on my bikes, front & rear, for that gauge.

Having said that the under $10 stick gauges I have purchased seem to be as accurate as the more costly dial gauges I have compared them to. I have used the same gauge for the past 5 years.

I dislike the digital ones cause i hate replacing batteries with the dial one its just stick and go which i like. The accu gage ones in the link i posted are custom so you can get a angled chuck thing and stuff. I was just wondering if anyone else was interested to decrease shipping cost or to lower the cost. as i said before i just dont like the stick ones but people say im crazy so >>.

I got one from Pro 6, "Cruztools" brand. Probably some Chinese company, who knows but it's easy to read, accurate, will hold the reading and let you vent pressure, feels solid and has a rubber boot. Was $30 or so.
    There is no planet B.

What is wrong with digital tire pressure gauges? Here is one similar to the one I use... works great for motorcycle wheels! Been going on 5 years with original battery. I think I got it on sale at Cdn Tire for $10. Tire pressure readings I take with the gauge exactly match the onboard TPMS on the bike, so I figure it is pretty accurate.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
    Last edited by ike; 10-02-2011 at 04:36 PM.

See the gauge im looking at is only 14 so its not like its 50 or anything i was seeing if i could get it any lower or get them to give free shipping which would be nice.That particular digital one is already 20 which is more than the analog one would cost me I posted this here to see if there was interest in that tire pressure gauge... I guess not given the responses