WTF Jevco??? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTF Jevco???

Re: WTF Jevco???

Ooops.

Quote Originally Posted by LannyNguyen View Post
    You know what's a cheap way? Getting your dad to get his motorcycle license, and have him insured then you go as second rider.
    Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    Oh boy.......
    And when they find out that you're a primary rider...?

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    then they cancel both their policies and when they apply for insurance elsewhere The question "have you ever had a policy cancelled" comes up, then the OP can get the vaseline out because as he will see what it is like to be an insurance companies b****
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    then they cancel both their policies and when they apply for insurance elsewhere The question "have you ever had a policy cancelled" comes up, then the OP can get the vaseline out because as he will see what it is like to be an insurance companies b****
    And if they find out the hard way (accident occurs) they flat out will deny your claim and you have to pay for everything out of your own pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by djez View Post
    So my 3 bikes will cause me or my passenger harm at the same time even if i can only use one at a time?note:i dont and would not lend it to anybody ( lend me your bike beforeusing this argument with me please )I still pay higest for accident benifit insurance for each?
    I understand what you're saying, but this has already been discussed at length in other threads.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Viffer would know more then me but I believe they quote your insurance by the highest risk driver on the policy in this case he would get the exact same quote.
    That is true -- when you apply for insurance, they require the license numbers of everyone in the household. The insurer will automatically assign the highest-rated operator and if the person doesn't like this, they can always exclude the high-rated operator using an OPCF28a exclusion endorsement.

If you are trying to be the hidden operator on a bike that is not within your household, that is insurance fraud.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

The kid does have a point, plus isn't a forum a place to express your opinion and sometimes frustration.

why are people calling this kid a ***** not getting infractions and getting their comments removed.

by the way, you are all insurance bitches for coming in here and defending the ridiculous rates they charge whatever the reasons are. Life is supposed to be affordable, a motorcycle isn't an item of luxury when you can use it to go to work for over 9 of the 12 months of the year.

..and now I am going to be the biggest ***** and report all your posts where you have insulted the kid.
    Last edited by ZX600; 10-03-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Ok guys please dont insult each other. We all have our moments of bitching... Hes upset and obviously not used to carrying his own lube on the renewal date. Agreed this is a repost of a repost of a repost but the dude has been on here for very little time. We can kindly show him the way to the sticky that Viffer awesomely made up for us all.

As for suggesting insurance fraud... hmm.... How about we show some love and not set someone up to get DP'ed by the insurance companies. That will just make our primiums (I know my spelling sucks) go up even more.

Btw the insurance will still be at the cost of the least experienced rider. If my dad got a bike and put me on as a secondary rider he would pay what I would pay to insure that bike...
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    by the way, you are all insurance bitches for coming in here and defending the ridiculous rates they charge whatever the reasons are. Life is supposed to be affordable, a motorcycle isn't an item of luxury when you can use it to go to work for over 9 of the 12 months of the year.
    Insurance prices are high, and yes, it sucks. Hopefully there will be some legislative changes in the near future to bring insurance rates in Ontario back down to a more reasonable and affordable level. I hate paying for insurance just as much as the next guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    The kid does have a point, plus isn't a forum a place to express your opinion and sometimes frustration.

why are people calling this kid a ***** not getting infractions and getting their comments removed.

At least some people here have their head screwed on the right way...

Thumbs down Re: WTF Jevco???

It's not about who has their heads screwed on whichever way. The question is, are you going to suck it up and:
    1. Pay for the same insurance that everybody else on this forum/province/country does to ride a motorcycle; or,
    2. Decide it's too expensive for you.

Coming here to compare and complain about US insurance rates is not gonna get you anywhere. Obviously, nobody likes to pay high premiums. But it is what it is.

So unless you know somebody who knows somebody who can get sh*t done and decrease premiums for everyone, then I suggest you take your complaining to somebody who cares.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djez View Post
    note:i dont and would not lend it to anybody ( lend me your bike beforeusing this argument with me please )I still pay higest for accident benifit insurance for each?
    But you could lend it to just about anyone you want. Your insurance company would be on the hook for any third party liability arising from any crash that happens no matter who was riding at the time, and would also be on the hook for borrwoing rider's medical care following a crash if they didn't already have their own coverage on another vehicle.

turbo is willing to lend his bike and insurance to me.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

yooo wtf, i got denied by jevco...m2 w/g2 19y/o and it was for a cbr 125 too. lol
    how the hell you even get a quote

This is your first year licenced? Thats why i couldnt get into jevco

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    yooo wtf, i got denied by jevco...m2 w/g2 19y/o and it was for a cbr 125 too. lol
    Maybe it could be the area you're located in?

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    And how many tickets do you have with your car? Has your license ever been suspended etc? Also how many insurance companies are you calling? If you are just calling one broker for Jevco, you havent called enough. Theres a lot of info you are leaving out here that could easily lead to you getting that result.

And btw insurance companies cant refuse you unless they have an age restriction... they can just make the price soooo high its not worth it. If you got told you were denied its prob cus the cost was such that the broker just told you you were refused.

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Quote Originally Posted by smackenz View Post
    This is your first year licenced? Thats why i couldnt get into jevco
    I have always been insured by Jevco... they wont turn down someone on their first year... they have to have reason.

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    I have always been insured by Jevco... they wont turn down someone on their first year... they have to have reason.
    Some companies will only insure people if they have been licensed for X years if they are under the age of 21. I'm not sure if Jevco has this restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    And btw insurance companies cant refuse you unless they have an age restriction....
    Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Some companies will only insure people if they have been licensed for X years if they are under the age of 21. I'm not sure if Jevco has this restriction.
    I commented on that. I know I was pretty young getting my first street bike. I think I was 21.

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T