McCormick in World Superstock 1000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCormick in World Superstock 1000

McCormick in World Superstock 1000

Surprised nothing on this on the forums...(we wonder why there is no money in racing..we don't even follow our best rider and this is a motorbike forum, let alone the public! oh we rather bicker about engine ice! ) but Brett was rewarded a wild card for the last two rounds of the World Superstock 1000 championships.
    He'll be riding the Garnier Alpha Racing BMW S1000RR this weekend at Magny Cours and the last round at Portimao.

In first free practice he's already up in 15th out of 29 riders.

One can imagine this is a test for him and if he does well he'll ride next year in Superstock 1000. Pretty cool seeing CAN in the timing sheets.

Last edited by Jia; 09-30-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Re: McCormick in World Superstock 1000

That is amazing, good for him, hopefully he will do well.

No one seems to care that Kawasaki is scaling back their CSBK program either.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    No one seems to care that Kawasaki is scaling back their CSBK program either.
    No-one cares seems to care about CSBK's forum either.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    The Nationals are ****ed right now as it is. The whole set up is ****ed. The organizers don't treat the riders as performers, they treat them as the profit source. They rely on rider registration fees to make money, how retarded is that? Promote the series, get $ from spectators, charge less to the riders. Lower registration fees = more riders. More riders = better show. Better show = more spectators. More spectators = more $. See where I'm going with this????

Back on topic sorta.. D'load or somehow watch any BSB race. They have more umbrella girls than we do fans in the stands at a National weekend. They know how to put on a show!

#sadface

Darn I thought he was doing World supersport (600) which is televised. I was all pumped to watch it, now I'll just watch it for the usual great racing.

Anyone know when the rad X channel starts airing(sp?) the CSBK or a site to watch the world super stock?

Also, it seems that the people that do care about the nationals here are the same people that read/post on the other forum.
    Last edited by dricked; 09-30-2011 at 09:47 AM.

The Nationals are ****ed right now as it is. The whole set up is ****ed. The organizers don't treat the riders as performers, they treat them as the profit source. They rely on rider registration fees to make money, how retarded is that? Promote the series, get $ from spectators, charge less to the riders. Lower registration fees = more riders. More riders = better show. Better show = more spectators. More spectators = more $. See where I'm going with this????

Back on topic sorta.. D'load or somehow watch any BSB race. They have more umbrella girls than we do fans in the stands at a National weekend. They know how to put on a show!

#sadface
    You hit it right on the head, and that is why virtually every Canadian race series (car /bike) has died in the last 30 years

#sadface
    Agreed, but comparing CSBK to BSB isn't really fair. The culture towards racing in any form, motox,dirt,trials,track and circuit is on another level. It's like comparing the NHL to the British Elite hockey league.

Right here on this forum is the biggest audience CSBK and RACE can appeal to in this Country.......they still haven't figured that out. Increase the riders = increase the crowds, unless you are counting on the bulk of spectators coming from Belleville.

One smart guy(that when he puts gas in his race bike) has it figured out, his series is going upwards while the others are going the opposite way.

#sadface
    ya I never understood this, the riders take all the risk and have to pay to attend.

I have heard that in the past this was not the case, but this is going back a few years and never in Canada.

Agreed, but comparing CSBK to BSB isn't really fair. The culture towards racing in any form, motox,dirt,trials,track and circuit is on another level. It's like comparing the NHL to the British Elite hockey league.
    Well put. Been wanting to say this for a while. Motorsports in Europe is like our Hockey, Football and...baseball. Some countries more so than others. Marc Marquez makes front page of papers in Spain for christ sake. Simply culture difference. We as North Americans/Canadians dont' give a shat about motorsports, especially motorbike racing. It's also intersting to compare wages. Aforementioned sports players make millions on millions. Some OHL to NHL draftees make half a mil to a mil in their rookie year. I read that Checa doesn't even come close to half a million euros. The only big multi million making rider is probably Rossi (and he get smack for it, yet he won...um, how many world championships?)

#sadface
    In the UK, you expect that. They are one of those motorsport countries. Here's a better comparison, in China where large CC (as in over 150cc) motorbikes are still largely banned in cities (so no win on sunday sell on monday), where there is little motorcycle racing history or culture at all, yet still have plenty of brolly girls (hot ones) during their races. Basically one for every rider. Plus, plenty of spectators, and national live coverage. Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki even have factory teams. There's basically no clear ROI in that series yet they still put on a show. Spectators pay 20 RMB ($3.33 Canadian)to spectate (on grandstands). Riders pay a similar entry fee to here. The tracks, well, lets just say Shanghai F1 track is one they use..Zhuhai International GP circuit is another, these two are FIM homologated GP tracks, plus a bunch of other "regional type" tracks that make our tracks look neanderthal. Here's the real brain twister, over there the pro riders get paid...and I'm talking wages you'd get here if you worked for the gov't at a federal level.

Edit: reason why i made such a comparison, let's not forget, WSBK use to come to our backyards at Mosport, how did we let that slip away from our culture and society, and with such rich racing history here how is racing struggling so much here? Compared to a country with next to no motorcycle racing heritage (except street racing). I'm obviously too young to have seen it all happen so I'm curious.
    Last edited by Jia; 10-01-2011 at 07:19 AM.

FYI, no video coverage of McCormick... commentary only.

lol @ whitham aye a young canadian from saskatune.

Thanks for the link Teal! He placed 13th by the way, more importantly, just ahead of his team mate. Impressive stuff.
    Shame there is no video coverage, but there are glimpse's of him, like at 4:36
    Last edited by Jia; 10-02-2011 at 12:41 PM.

One smart guy(that when he puts gas in his race bike) has it figured out, his series is going upwards while the others are going the opposite way.
    LOL.....seems to be true. And I don't think it's from a racing standpoint that the others are struggling. It's the atmosphere.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

The CSBK website sucked this year also. It was the last place on the web to have results and updates. When it was working. I recall it not working on one or more race weekends near the start of the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jia View Post
    Edit: reason why i made such a comparison, let's not forget, WSBK use to come to our backyards at Mosport, how did we let that slip away from our culture and society, and with such rich racing history here how is racing struggling so much here? Compared to a country with next to no motorcycle racing heritage (except street racing). I'm obviously too young to have seen it all happen so I'm curious.
    .........MONEY, there is none for this sport ....... none. Then there's the "inbreeding" in the Canadain scene...... the same guys at the top of the OEM/RACE scene ran it then, run it now (or at least have a very large say)....... the "buddy system" very much like a cult. If you investigate this (which most won't do ..... cause there is some kind of Vampire thing on TV tonight) you will see the same names in the same jobs, look at the pictures, same people doing the same or like jobs ...... just like our goverment (and every bit as currupt .....) there was mention of "somebody" and there race series and running out of gas (hehehehee........ sorry Kenny) he has the right idea people first, its not perfect but its real close and lots of fun ....... anywyas, the 7-8 guys at the top of this deal that have completely ruined it well ......here's whats left. BG

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post

FYI, no video coverage of McCormick... commentary only.
    Nice link, go Brent go!
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com

I've never been to an CSBK race, I've been to AMA events and two Moto GP events. The interest is here in our parts of the world. People enjoy racing. Poor promotion has had a lot to do with numbers dropping. AMA weekends were huge, until 2009. Moto GP the first year at Indy (2008 ) had 91,064. In 2010 it wasn't promoted as much and numbers went to 60,000. This year was at 65,000. It's not promoted like other sports, not drawing in new fans will eventually kill the sport. I am bummed to hear what is happening in CSBK, it's a shame to see a series in such a downward spiral.

Some info on Brett and his race from his team press release. The funny bit is that him and his teammate Markus R*.* have the same helmet as well. They look like twins out there.
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=46264

Finished in 10th at Portimao, not bad considering he was in the 20s during the first day and up to 15th during qualifying ,
    http://superbike-news.co.uk/wordpres...ao-race-result