Crown wants to withdraw charges ... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crown wants to withdraw charges ...

Re: Crown wants to withdraw charges ...

A couple of things that I don't understand. Post #7 you state your case and post # 8, 23 minutes later (1:07 a.m), you won? Also about the dashcam evidence only showing you being pulled over - are these cams are constantly rolling or only when the cherries light up? I thought the entire purpose of the dashcam was that they be rolling continuously as evidence is not alsways collected when there is an emergency situation or when a pull-over is being done.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    OPP Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer was charged with breach of trust and obstruct justice in several cases in which, it has been alleged, evidence was falsified in order to support, among other things, charges under HTA 172. Investigators were also asking various towing companies if they had some sort of relationship with him, implying that there is at least the possibility that kick-backs were involved.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/645345

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/645979
    I hope this goof gets whats coming to him!!!! Shameful really.
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Re: UPDATE: I WON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Good to hear that you were successful, but I'm having trouble understanding why you have the "I didn't want to" and "So I went to court" posts made immediately, one after the other. Did you have the first post already prepared?
    I reposted the datails of what happened as I had previously edited post number four in order to not jeopardize my case. Now that my trial is over I am able to disclose the details.

Re: UPDATE: I WON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FitzR6 View Post
    I reposted the datails of what happened as I had previously edited post number four in order to not jeopardize my case. Now that my trial is over I am able to disclose the details.
    Got it.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by funrider View Post
    A couple of things that I don't understand. Post #7 you state your case and post # 8, 23 minutes later (1:07 a.m), you won? Also about the dashcam evidence only showing you being pulled over - are these cams are constantly rolling or only when the cherries light up? I thought the entire purpose of the dashcam was that they be rolling continuously as evidence is not alsways collected when there is an emergency situation or when a pull-over is being done.
    I think it depends on the model. I think the older tech only initiates recording either manually, or automatically when the lights come on. So, if the cop didnt hit record, it wouldnt do so until he lit up.

Newer systems record constantly, and the digital file gets flagged with a call either by the officer, or with the roof lights. This system is better for police, since it means that if the cop sees something happen, it is always recorded, and not depending on his ability to remember to press record.
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by suprPHREAK View Post
    I think it depends on the model. I think the older tech only initiates recording either manually, or automatically when the lights come on. So, if the cop didnt hit record, it wouldnt do so until he lit up.

Newer systems record constantly, and the digital file gets flagged with a call either by the officer, or with the roof lights. This system is better for police, since it means that if the cop sees something happen, it is always recorded, and not depending on his ability to remember to press record.
    I thought in car cams were new for the tps so they'd have the latest state of the art version.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by funrider View Post
    I thought in car cams were new for the tps so they'd have the latest state of the art version.
    They are updating, but they have been using older models for years, based on "proven" designs used in the USA. They will likely use these for a while until they break, or until the police association demands better.

The latest tech also has cameras for the client in the back seat, as well as the option to record in real time from a short range wireless camera worn on the officer as he approaches your vehicle. I can't wait for that to be in use!

ps: TPS says: http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/incarcamera/
    Last edited by suprPHREAK; 02-02-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by suprPHREAK View Post
    No, they have been using older models for years, based on "proven" designs used in the USA. They will likely use these for a while to keep the tech consistent in the fleet, or until the police association demands better. In the mean time, most older cops are still nervous about the technology. Newer cops are thrilled by it, and want it.

The latest tech also has cameras for the client in the back seat, as well as the option to record in real time from a short range wireless camera worn on the officer as he approaches your vehicle. I can't wait for that to be in use!
    The problem with anything government related, is the evaluation process. By the time a project has gone through all of the bureaucratic hoops, with every self-important middle management type getting to put his stamp on it, the product is outmoded or out of production.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde