My girlfriend is evil and deserves tickets. Thanks TPD for keeping us safe. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My girlfriend is evil and deserves tickets. Thanks TPD for keeping us safe.

Banned

Re: My girlfriend is evil and deserves tickets. Thanks TPD for keeping us safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    Fight it. I can't see a judge *not* throwing this one out.
    umm i got a ticket for 105 in a 100 zone on the 401 in the middle of the night lol soo ya good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    At 10PM? Night school, eh?
    It's about habits. If she's in the habit of driving the speed limit during night with no one else there, she will be more likely to do it during the day.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    It's about habits. If she's in the habit of driving the speed limit during night with no one else there, she will be more likely to do it during the day.
    Sure, unless you never travel that route during the day.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

While it may seem idiotic, it's technically correct. She'll have to deal with it, in court, on that basis and she shouldn't attempt to fight it, without having a workable theory.

It would be nice if all school zones had time dependant speed limits but that isn't the case, and September is heat score month for school zone speeding tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    It was a 40 zone? I'm assuming a school zone then?

Nice catch for sure!!!

Nothing pisses me off more than arse holes speeding by as I walk my kids to school.
    What are you guys talking about?

First line of the link in the first post of the thread says:
    It was 10 PM, not a school zone, religious institution, townhall or family in sight.
    In hindsight, I probably should work on my grammar, but you getted my ideas rite?
    Last edited by adri; 09-29-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post

Sorry, obviously missed that. What was the actual location? Must have been one of those "traffic calming zones."

*CORRECTION* Apology withdrawn, as that was not posted on this site

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Banned

At 10PM? Night school, eh?
    There are plenty of residential neighbourhoods in Toronto that are 40 zones because of narrow streets and poor sight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    There are plenty of residential neighbourhoods in Toronto that are 40 zones because of narrow streets and poor sight lines.
    Which is why I later made a comment about "traffic calming zones."

Somewhere on Trethewey? No idea to be honest. 4 lanes, not a lot of intersections, cross walks, etc. The cops are usually around but they'll be patrolling (aka 7-11 parking lot at Jane 24/7) or filling out paperwork because someone was robbed/stabbed/abused/whatevered. Considering the area rides through I find it ridiculous that she'd be a priority, y'know?
    Last edited by adri; 09-30-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Sorry, didn't read more about someone bitching getting caught breaking the law... my bad.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

This sounds like a crappy ticket unles she was doing something else as well. Maybe the cop wants to make the area biker-unfriendly.

As I understand it, in court, guilt isn't swayed by the nobility of the person's character. It's a) were they doing what was charged and b)were procedures followed. Keep that in mind if fighting the charge.

I have several comments to make in this thread...

1) I have first seen time-dependent speed limits in school zones in Calgary, which proves that there is intelligent life down there, it's just hard to find. Since then, I've seen one of those in the Etobicoke-Mississauga border area.

2) Won't see any more since we got amalgamated. "The gravy train ends" and that means that the city won't spend money on measures that interfere with making money

3) I have been ticketed for doing 65 in a 60 zone at 2am on a Wednesday morning. Sudbury

4) Your girlfriend should take the ticket to court. Check out the ticketcombat.com site. It's a great start and helped me get off a few. Ask for specific advice here. Look for my disclosure posts.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

If you thought you were safe doing 10 km/hr over the limit, think again...

Ashley was riding home on a quiet, empty street tonight at 10 PM when the cops pulled her over. Before I go any further there's something you should know about Ash: She's an angel. She works hard hours helping kids that most people would cross the street to avoid even walking by. Obviously this young lady is a menace to society. Luckily Toronto's finest were on the scene.

The cop said he caught her at 50 km/hr in a 40 km/hr zone, and reduced the ticket to 45 km/hr in a 40. Yes, she was ticketed for 5 km/hr over. The cost of the ticket isonly $27.50 BUT the results on her insurance rates, if convicted, over 3 years could exceed $1,000 because of her age and to a lesser extent her history.

I need to seriously rethink my future with a young lady capable of this kind of crime. Obviously she's on destruction path and Toronto police must focus much more time/resources on scum like her

Full story is here if anyone's interested: Toronto Police Ticket Good Samaritan
    From your post it seems she is actually not quite the angel you play her out to be. Well at least when it comes to driving.

Just a heads up to have an accurate radar/laser speed giving the operator of measuring device must be directly in front of the object that is traveling towards them. Now when was the last time you saw an officer standing in the middle of the road? You don't see them do this they are always to the side therefor producing a slower calculated speed. It's actually likely your girlfriend was traveling quicker then 50km/h in all honesty. I love how when people in today's society do something wrong they always blame the person who caught them and never accept responsibility.

On another note I do commend your girlfriend working with troubled teens. If it wasn't someone like her who happened to be an officer at the time I likely wouldn't be here to tell you this.

Unheard of a cop catching someone at 10km and reducing the ticket to 5km over

Either that is very cruel cop or She must have been going faster than 10km over.

Does the ticket say "R" for code towards the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    There are plenty of residential neighbourhoods in Toronto that are 40 zones because Toronto drivers just can't drive.
    There you go.

Ticket does not have an R or any reference to being Reduced.

Already mentioned this is not a traffic calming or residential road. Intersections are few and far between.

Got nailed doing 10 over at 6AM on boxing. Was heading from the in-laws to visit the folks and pulled off the highway to feed the cat. He reduced it to 5 over.

When they got a quote to hit...it doesn't matter.
    2007 VRSCDX Night Rod Special - aka. The Bike I wanted in the first place.
    2002 Honda Shadow 750 ACE

Straight Pipes 4 life!

I've had to delete enough crap posts from this thread, that I'm bloody tired of it. Locked.