My girlfriend is evil and deserves tickets. Thanks TPD for keeping us safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My girlfriend is evil and deserves tickets. Thanks TPD for keeping us safe.

My girlfriend is evil and deserves tickets. Thanks TPD for keeping us safe.

If you thought you were safe doing 10 km/hr over the limit, think again...

Ashley was riding home on a quiet, empty street tonight at 10 PM when the cops pulled her over. Before I go any further there's something you should know about Ash: She's an angel. She works hard hours helping kids that most people would cross the street to avoid even walking by. Obviously this young lady is a menace to society. Luckily Toronto's finest were on the scene.

The cop said he caught her at 50 km/hr in a 40 km/hr zone, and reduced the ticket to 45 km/hr in a 40. Yes, she was ticketed for 5 km/hr over. The cost of the ticket isonly $27.50 BUT the results on her insurance rates, if convicted, over 3 years could exceed $1,000 because of her age and to a lesser extent her history.

I need to seriously rethink my future with a young lady capable of this kind of crime. Obviously she's on destruction path and Toronto police must focus much more time/resources on scum like her

Full story is here if anyone's interested: Toronto Police Ticket Good Samaritan

Re: My girlfriend is evil and deserves tickets. Thanks TPD for keeping us safe.

Fight it. I can't see a judge *not* throwing this one out.

lol end of month you go 10 under not over... they need to complete the quota!!!
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

When its a 40 zone, I do 45 max. Cops have been known to write tickets for 10 over in 40 zones. Arguably, 10 over in a 40 is 25% over the speed limit which is the lower limit of where cops no longer turn a blind eye to speeding.

50km/h * 1.25= 62.5 km/h
    60km/h * 1.25= 75 km/h
    80km/h * 1.25 = 100 km/h
    100km/h * 1.25 = 125 km/h
    Last edited by Wheelieboy; 09-29-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Super Sport Touring Ride Reports

Epic Trip from Toronto to California on a 600RR

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    2008 Honda CBR125R (Sold)
    1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

see this thread

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?147837-A-Secret-Prostitute...

and ask her if she has leopard print booty shorts in the trunk.
    I don't ride a bike for safety.

A cop was in the left lane, behind me, and I guess I was probably about 10-15 over. I moved over from the middle lane, indicating with turn and hand signals into his lane, passed the car that was ahead of me and moved over to the middle again. I ended up stopping at a light shortly after. He pulled up beside me and said "I'm not sure if you're aware that you were going 80. This is a 60 zone. Just take it easy there." He was very courteous and I apologized. "Nice bike, btw" was what he said before taking off.

I guess I was lucky this time and hope I don't jinx it. Not sure if your gf's case is the norm.
    Last edited by kiterider; 09-29-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki911 View Post
    lol end of month you go 10 under not over... they need to complete the quota!!!
    They don't have quotas. More like suggested performance incentive guidelines.

http://www.thestar.com/article/609928
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...tinues-to-grow

It sounds lame and unreasonable, but there could be a no-discretion blitz in that particular area because it's a 40 zone (you know, start of the school year and all of that). Yeah yeah, I know it was at 10pm..
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

There's a part of Ottawa I go to all the time that's a 40 zone neighbourhood and there are cops there with zero tolerances all the time. Just got to crawl around those parts, some parents probably complained that their kids weren't able to play ball in the road.

I know the feeling the op has.... I got a 10km/h over ticket from the TPS in a 50 zone, in an industrial area (warehouses, a brewery and a creek) and well into the pm...

oh, and it wasn't reduced to 10 over, he got me on radar at 10 over.
    -1979 Honda CB650 (SOLD)
    -2006 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    -2007 25th Anniversary Honda VFR800 (+50k km)

Nice catch.....

Sorry just being a dick
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Speechless. Go to court, the judge may toss it. I read this week that Ford is cutting paid duty at construction sites. Maybe they'll make up the difference with tickets. And sorry about your dad OP.

Quote Originally Posted by kiterider View Post
    A cop was in the left lane, behind me, and I guess I was probably about 10-15 over. I moved over from the middle lane, indicating with turn and hand signals into his lane, passed the car that was ahead of me and moved over to the middle again. I ended up stopping at a light shortly after. He pulled up beside me and said "I'm not sure if you're aware that you were going 80. This is a 60 zone. Just take it easy there." He was very courteous and I apologized. "Nice bike, btw" was what he said before taking off.

I guess I was lucky this time and hope I don't jinx it. Not sure if your gf's case is the norm.
    I was on the 101 coming into San Francisco earlier this month and doing about 80. The limit is 65. A CHP on a bike comes flying up to me from behind and I figure I am getting a ticket. No worries, I deserved it. However this fine gentleman pulls beside me, looks at me and my bike then gives me a thumbs up before taking off again.

What the cop did to Ashley is why people don't quite like them... what the cop did to me is why people sometimes like them.

Give the cop a break...he's only doing what he's told. They guy's got a mortgage to pay like the rest of us.

The problem lies up the food chain, not in the hands of the pawns that trawl the streets looking for easy prey.

Somehow nobody wants to question the action or inaction of the policymakers.

But then again Im just whining.....

While it may seem idiotic, it's technically correct. She'll have to deal with it, in court, on that basis and she shouldn't attempt to fight it, without having a workable theory.

It would be nice if all school zones had time dependant speed limits but that isn't the case, and September is heat score month for school zone speeding tickets.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It was a 40 zone? I'm assuming a school zone then?

Nice catch for sure!!!

Nothing pisses me off more than arse holes speeding by as I walk my kids to school.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    It was a 40 zone? I'm assuming a school zone then?

Nice catch for sure!!!

Nothing pisses me off more than arse holes speeding by as I walk my kids to school.
    At 10PM? Night school, eh?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
    I was on the 101 coming into San Francisco earlier this month and doing about 80. The limit is 65. A CHP on a bike comes flying up to me from behind and I figure I am getting a ticket. No worries, I deserved it. However this fine gentleman pulls beside me, looks at me and my bike then gives me a thumbs up before taking off again.

What the cop did to Ashley is why people don't quite like them... what the cop did to me is why people sometimes like them.
    And He was following you while both of you were lane sharing..... God bless California. Im coming back soon just to ride and lane share

Quote Originally Posted by rob maclennan View Post
    at 10pm? Night school, eh?
    rofl