where to buy engine ice

Thread: where to buy engine ice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

where to buy engine ice

Any one know where to get engine ice in GTA.
    thanks

Re: where to buy engine ice

Oh boy, prepare for the war to start again. This is the "track riding" forum. Engine Ice is a glycol based coolant. It is not approved for track use at any Canadian roadracing sanctioning body that I know of. Most track day organizers will not want any glycol-based coolant in the system, either.

Yes, I KNOW that the manufacturer of this product has somehow bought their way into being approved by AMA down south. The viewpoint here is that it's still slippery when it gets out on the track, therefore it is not allowed.

What you really want to use, and which is legal in all roadracing organizations, is distilled water and WaterWetter additive, which is a water pump seal lubricant and anticorrosion additive. You can get that, at Performance Improvements or other automotive performance shops. There are some similar products under other brand names. They are NOT glycol based coolants, those are not allowed!

So we can use engine ice then?

Canadian Tire in Milton has quite a few.

You can use it at US tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Canadian Tire in Milton has quite a few.

I genuinely despise inaccurate blanket statements.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    OK Caboose - go ahead and make it accurate.

Canadian Tire in Milton DOES have Engine Ice
    Most tracks in the US actually allow antifreeze with the exception of 1 or 2. I don't know of ANY that do not allow Engine Ice.... but you might, so go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    How silly of me. It clearly states right here that you were talking about trackdays and not racing. My apologies.

How silly of me. It clearly states right here that you were talking about trackdays and not racing. My apologies.
    He doesn't have to state anything to please your restricted interpretation of what he meant. "US tracks" includes all activites at the track, racing or not. If YOU'RE the one who decides to limit the interpretation of his words then you shouldn't go and blame HIM for being inaccurate.

And if lack of clarity is the problem, how exactly do you think this helps resolve that problem?

There is no planet B.