Civic vs. 600 - Page 3

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Civic vs. 600

I agree, there are a few fooking fast civics out there (rare)

but as an example theres a white STI (newer generation) running around north york and the guy loves racing that sh*t. He's got a stage 2 turbo and some other mods (can't remember what) but the dude told me he's close to 400hp.......needles to say he got pumped twice with a nearly stock 600. and this was 120 role-on on the highway (opps i mean on the track )

His car is sick tho, corners on rails and has an awesome sound. I give the guy full credit. . . .its a nice car. I've seen him pump some noobies tho. . . its actually pretty funny.

abasha
    do you know how much it cost to have a 12 second car. a gs 500 or any 600 will beat it down..... i kill cars for fun. by the way some guy in one of the new mercedes the $600'000 one, came by elements on friday and challenged a gsxr 1000. they will be racing for a grand on this coming friday. they will start at 80k and the first one to 280k wins. i'll let you know the results if you don't already.

Quote Originally Posted by abasha
    do you know how much it cost to have a 12 second car. a gs 500 or any 600 will beat it down..... i kill cars for fun. by the way some guy in one of the new mercedes the $600'000 one, came by elements on friday and challenged a gsxr 1000. they will be racing for a grand on this coming friday. they will start at 80k and the first one to 280k wins. i'll let you know the results if you don't already.
    Don't bet on it!!!

There's as much talking sh@$! in here as there is in the car forums. It's all the same wherever you go, just different wheels, different interests, same attitudes.

BTW - I've seen more than one 10 second Civic. for starters they'll match up a B20 block and H22 (or an ITR) head, those motors can be worked quite well. And forget about "stage x" or stage "y" turbos. Lots of people custom build setups and know exactly WTF they are talking about.

If a bike beats a Civic... what are you bragging about.. oooh, a supersport beat a Civic... wow man, you must be so proud.

But then if a Civic beats the bike... nothing else needs to be said.

Now if I was the Civic driver, I'd keep to racing high dollar showboats - stick it to the Mercedes and BMW drivers who have money and no brains. I'd avoid bikes like the plague because most bikes WILL smoke him. Even still, you've got to have some respect for someone who takes a 16-17 second car and turns it into a 10 second car. Sure as hell ain't a wise financial investment (unless you take in money from racing) but it is dedication to the hobby.
    Blake

"HA! HA! I'M USING THE INTERNET!!!1"
    #== Downtown/Little Portugal ==#

Moogles
    i dotn konw how much rice he needs to power his civic to beat a 600... maybe a whole life's worth.. there is no way a civic can beat a 600... even if it is tuned? i dont knwo too much about nos, but MAYBE with NOS?

Anonymous
    first off, there are enough fast cars, and i can vouch for the fact it cost alot to run 10 seconds. my dads C5 runs that, and without going into figures, he coulda bought alot of other things. and his C5 get devoured by some of my buddies that run in wood bridge with anything from 500 rwhp - as much as 1400rwhp. as for a guy tuning a civic. i thnk that is the worst possable investment one can make. these dudes should try to save or invest their cash and maybe down the road they will have somthing nicer.

take the 40 gs he will need to make his rice rocket faster buy a bike but down 6 gs and you can run drag cars and keep up.

I was walked by some crazy yellow 92-95 Civic hatch. Bare interior, one seat, a steering wheel and a driver basically. Sounded all motor, and pretty tough. But my bike at the time was an '86 Ninja 600. I believe it had a 12ish 1/4 mile time when it was brand new.

Hey, I have a slow Civic, but I'll still race a bike at a light if the opportunity comes(with the intention of losing of course!). It's all for the fun of it.

TOPH R
    Alot of you guys are pretty f'n dumb, and you are talking alot of sheit.
    But the problem is that you don't know a godddamn thing about what you are talking about.

You will not find a civic driver with a "fast" civic in ontario who would agree to run a 600ss or bigger from a dead stop.
    There's no way that a car can accelerate from a dead stop at the same rate that basically any ss bike can. Its all about putting HP to the ground, and its hard to do when your tires just want to spin

However, start the roll at 80, or even 120km/h and its a whole new ballgame. All of a sudden you have a relatively light car(2000 lbs + or -) with about 400 or 500 whp and gear ratios that suit the speed they are going. No longer is traction a problem, and full power can be applied.

Then you take into account that most bikes, once they reach around 100 km/h, start to slow their rate of acceleration, and the civic, or whatever, has an advantage due to their increased hp level.

I know more than 1 guy that has a car built for nothing other than highway roll-ons. So although alot of the cars you see out there are rice(like neon underglow on a cbr f4i) there are more than a ******** of very fast cars in the gta.

Right now it takes so little to make a car fast, a swap and a turbo and $3000 bux and you can build a civic that will run 11's.

And these won't be the cars with huge rims and huge spoilers, and neons and ****.

1100, well, it depends on how fast the car actually is, as well as how fast your bike is at 100+km/h. I've been in a friends ek hatch while he walked on an r1 from a 120 km roll.

Anonymous
    ok well seeing as how my blackbird (even though i built it for th sloe purpoe of straight line) is **** then ill run my vette in which case i really dun care what speed he wants to roll in on. cuz he will get thrashed. if he does happen to have more the 500 in a civic i question how long his old v tech will run for and further more why the hell he takes an efficiant car a wrecks it. hey by the way where u gettin these cheep tubos cuz we r thinkin of tt for the vette and i aint seen no 3k for em. cuz reaslly who wants to lose to a civic i guess my bike and cat just aint good enough for a civic.......

Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPH R
    You will not find a civic driver with a "fast" civic in ontario who would agree to run a 600ss or bigger from a dead stop.
    There's no way that a car can accelerate from a dead stop at the same rate that basically any ss bike can.

However, start the roll at 80, or even 120km/h and its a whole new ballgame. All of a sudden you have a relatively light car(2000 lbs + or -) with about 400 or 500 whp and gear ratios that suit the speed they are going. No longer is traction a problem, and full power can be applied.

Then you take into account that most bikes, once they reach around 100 km/h, start to slow their rate of acceleration, and the civic, or whatever, has an advantage due to their increased hp level.
    +1...thats what i have been trying to say....from a stop ( most likely the racing people do on the streets...er track) a car will not beat a bike! esp a civ vs a 600ss. no fackin way in hell! end of story! done!. EDIT: unless its a serious drag car with some heavy work...not likely if this guy is farting around at a timmies, and too pussy to actually race! if you are already rolling, the car will have the advantage at higher speeds due to more power and aero-dynamics...if he wants to race you from a stop...DO IT! you will win! unless you stall or do something dumb. make some money off this clown

I have seen a few civics at the track or video clips that run in the 9s. SO yes, it can beat a modern 600 and even your stock C5 at 1/4. BTW, these car usually are not rice, they're sleepers.

uh... anyone who thinks that because they have 2 wheels and a vehicle that weighs 400 lbs they are untouchable by any other 4 wheeled vehicle on the road... is really ignorant.

Personally, I couldnt care less if a civic could beat my bike in a race, because my bike didnt cost me 30 grand in upgrades to be fast.
    "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life." - Office Space

If it is the guy I know...his name is Mike P., and he runs 9 seconds with that thing. He has 650hp under the hood and is sponsored to race. TLC had a show about him and his buddies street racing in Woodbridge back in the day. Dont race for a lot of money as you will most likely lose unless he screws up at the beginning. Also...dont risk messing up yourself or your bike for some guy who wants to make money like that.

Alot of you guys are pretty f'n dumb, and you are talking alot of sheit.
    But the problem is that you don't know a godddamn thing about what you are talking about.
    There's no way that a car can accelerate from a dead stop at the same rate that basically any ss bike can. Its all about putting HP to the ground, and its hard to do when your tires just want to spin
    That is a pretty ignorant post. If a car can do 10 in the 1320, and a bike does 11 in the 1320, and both are from stop, you're saying the bike will still win? Nut.

I've been there, and lost. But then it was an older bike.

I've been in a friends ek hatch while he walked on an r1 from a 120 km roll.
    I wonder if the guy on the R1 knew he was being raced or if he even cared(prolly in 6th gear). I'd still be in first gear on my bike if we were doing a roll on at 120
    life's not short, it's just that you're dead for so long
    www.goloracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by dextasy
    I wonder if the guy on the R1 knew he was being raced or if he even cared(prolly in 6th gear). I'd still be in first gear on my bike if we were doing a roll on at 120
    i heard 100mph (160km/h?) first gear on 2004+ R1? must be fun...

Anonymous
    my C5 aint stock its 500/ 500 on wheels, if they did a special on the tv for this dude thats upsetting. tlc needs to dig deeper to some of the muscle car shows wher no 5 gen or 6 gen vette or viper runs under 650 hp. these guy dont race cics cuz they are a waste. i have met up with a few guys running 427 tt, bored out car with 300 shot nos, custom 1 off race alchole injected superchargers. these guys only race other muscle or supercars. andyes these cars arnt justr eng. they are race susp., brembo brakes, ACTIVE spoilers. these civics cant even look at these guys or they get laughed at. yes there are fast civics. no they shouldnt be making fun of bikes. i think this guy need to stop poising and racesome tuner cars not stock ones. lastly he must feel gret knowing he spent 3x the net wrth of his cars making it move.

Anonymous
    This whole thread just seems to be a bunch of idiots, calling each other idiots....And giving completely arbitrary and subjective opinions based on their own personal, and isolated experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by _-'G3'-_
    There's no way that a car can accelerate from a dead stop at the same rate that basically any ss bike can.

+1...thats what i have been trying to say....from a stop ( most likely the racing people do on the streets...er track) a car will not beat a bike! esp a civ vs a 600ss. no fackin way in hell! end of story! done!. EDIT: unless its a serious drag car with some heavy work...not likely if this guy is farting around at a timmies, and too pussy to actually race! if you are already rolling, the car will have the advantage at higher speeds due to more power and aero-dynamics...if he wants to race you from a stop...DO IT! you will win! unless you stall or do something dumb. make some money off this clown
    you guys are both funny...Hell I know of some cars that I'd be deathly afraid to run on a litre bike let a lone a 600SS from a dig...and I'm talking about daily driven cars on street tires here. I'm both a bike and a car guy but if theres one thing I do not have its that biker mentality that sportbikes are untouchable. Dont get me wrong, 9 times out of ten a bike will stomp anything you run into on the road during an average day but to say "a car will not beat a bike from a stop" is an ignorant statement.

Quote Originally Posted by itslikethat
    Quote Originally Posted by dextasy
    i heard 100mph (160km/h?) first gear on 2004+ R1? must be fun...
    ZX10R does 106mph in 1st gear