Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kawasaki downsizing, Szoke??

Kawasaki Canada released this morning that they would disappointingly
    be downsizing their racing...

Read more at TrackdayHub.com
    Click on the "News" link

Re: Kawasaki downsizing, Szoke??

I thought Szoke moved to Honda last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I thought Szoke moved to Honda last season.
    He was a privateer on a Honda, for 2010. For 2011 he was back on a Kawi superbike.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    He was a privateer on a Honda, for 2010. For 2011 he was back on a Kawi superbike.
    gotcha. CSBK (well, most racing in general) fell off my radar this season.

Pretty sad.

I noticed one of John Walker's photos on FB last night, one with Jordan and Brett coming through Mosport Turn 2 on their cool down lap. It makes me wonder how long it'll be until we see two different Factory Superbikes again.. if ever.

....... A very long time is my guess....... there is no money in this country for motorcycle racing, British "house league" Darts gets better "TV" time. There will allways be some form of motorcycle racing (as long as they make motorcycles, that is......) its how the National series is going to look, they will now have to take a long seriouse look at thier future, Kawasaki was one of the true mainstays in Canadian racing (and by far the most successful) and if they are out you can almost bet forsure so is everybody else. BMW has their championship they can move on ....... Honda's out, Yamaha/Suzuki are in real trouble, Ducati has ZERO interest in North American racing (funny its their biggest market....) ...... BUT, on the semi bright side, ASM is supposed to return to Quebec (ICAR, St Moustach, and ????), SOAR has a couple of very useable tracks (TMP and Grand Bend), and RACE S'ville ..... well, they might be in big trouble. sooooo, racing might be OK at the regional level, just don't bet to heavily on the National Series being that big a deal........ BG