Two Speed Humps on Forks of the Credit

Thread: Two Speed Humps on Forks of the Credit

Two Speed Humps on Forks of the Credit

I just rode through The Forks on my way home tonight and found that there are two new speed humps located between the bridge over the river and the trestle. They are the rubber bolted down style and are very easy to avoid on a bike because they left gaps right in line with the left track where you would be riding. Keep an eye out as you travel through there.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

Re: Two Speed Humps on Forks of the Credit

...actually on a dual sport bike, speed bumps are your best friend. Just sayin...
    '04 BMW F650GS
    '86 Honda z50r

Fun bumps.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Quote Originally Posted by Malks View Post
    I just rode through The Forks on my way home tonight and found that there are two new speed humps located between the bridge over the river and the trestle. They are the rubber bolted down style and are very easy to avoid on a bike because they left gaps right in line with the left track where you would be riding. Keep an eye out as you travel through there.
    I saw the signs on Saturday. Why do you think they would put them in that particular spot? At least it is better than gravel on the corners.

2009 Ninja 500r

Quote Originally Posted by Paulhv1 View Post
    I saw the signs on Saturday. Why do you think they would put them in that particular spot? At least it is better than gravel on the corners.
    Those are the two locations where the road is fairly straight so they should slow down the cages. No real effect on bikes. At least you can see them for a good distance and position yourself in order to avoid them. So far nothing above the trestle where I tend to wind it up.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

So far nothing above the trestle where I tend to wind it up.
    Don't give them ideas. All that is going to do is make it even more frustrating when we are stuck behind cars. When I was there on Saturday I got stuck behind a car and he was doing at the most 30km/h and was almost coming to a stop on the bends, now they will be stopping to go over the speed bumps.

2009 Ninja 500r

Went over those speed bumps in a car day before yesterday. Bikes definitely can go through that big opening that was left in the bumps, but still - this sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    Fun bumps.
    road jumps!!
    I don't ride a bike for safety.

Those are the two locations where the road is fairly straight so they should slow down the cages. No real effect on bikes. At least you can see them for a good distance and position yourself in order to avoid them. So far nothing above the trestle where I tend to wind it up.
    Shhhhhhht.. Not on a public forum
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

i like the huge long speed bumps, these bolt on ones sound like the short annoying ones...back in my youth, bolt on speed bumps was an invitation to remove and place somewhere...else...

I wonder if they will be removed over the winter for snow removal concerns. The only good thing is these bumps should drive the locals nuts because they will have to drive over them every day. Others who like this road only need to use it once in a while, so it is not so much of an issue.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by GayManLoveIsOK View Post
    i like the huge long speed bumps, these bolt on ones sound like the short annoying ones...back in my youth, bolt on speed bumps was an invitation to remove and place somewhere...else...
    The huge ones are awesome. I love that they say 30 on the sign beside them but if you stand up you can go over them at well over 80 and barely notice. On a race track of course.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by GayManLoveIsOK View Post
    These are something in-between. They seem to handle 50 km/h pretty well. I like the long asphalt ones, but these are bolt-on plasticky ones, so at 50 (the limit on the street is 50), it was a bit bumpy going over them (even with one pair of wheels). And definitely looks like these will be removed for the winter. Funny thing, I was driving through the Forks around 10pm a couple of days ago, and there was OPP cruiser standing right at the hairpin.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Funny thing, I was driving through the Forks around 10pm a couple of days ago, and there was OPP cruiser standing right at the hairpin.
    It's not like you could be going that fast through the hair pin. He was likely waiting for the long boarders to come down the hill; I have seen them using this section before.

Late last week I saw an OPP cruiser sitting at the corner where Mississauga Road heads north to Caledon Ski Club. Never seen one there in the 30+ years I have been riding through there. Fortunately I was stuck behind a cage doing a scenic tour along that section.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

There are plenty of things for the cops to do at the Forks other than speed limit. At the hairpin, they could wait for car drivers to go around the corner in the wrong lane. (Just hang out there for a while and watch - it's scary.) At the 3-way stop in town, they could wait for people to blow the stop sign - it won't take long.

I've seen people sail through that stop sign with an OPP in the parking lot at the Shed, and the cop didn't do anything, so maybe stop signs aren't a priority for maintaining safety on the roads??

I wonder if they will be removed over the winter for snow removal concerns.
    They'll likely be removed, either proactively or by the plow not bothering to pick up the blade while going over those sections.

Rode the forks yesterday and was able to do 55-60 though all of it, until the speed humps. The cage infront of me basically parked before both of them, and at most of the corners
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold