Thank you all - shop closing - pannon moto sports inc. - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you all - shop closing - pannon moto sports inc.

Re: Thank you all - shop closing - pannon moto sports inc.

Generally for a well established and profitable business, the good will of 2 to 4 times the average yearly net profit of the business would be a reasonable amount. You would also need to acquire the assests, and working capital and an operating line and make an investment into the business. The Bank is the biggest challenge.

I would think that he went down the road of trying to find a buyer as it is the best option but given that he is closing, they were no takers. This is a good opportunity for someone who knows the business (has a small shop) and wants to expand, It is not for someone who will have to hire people to do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    LOL 12hrs/day is a lot?

What's the ball park on buying a business like this in terms of capital investment $$$?

Wish you the best!
    *~Maggie~*

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    Generally for a well established and profitable business, the good will of 2 to 4 times the average yearly net profit of the business would be a reasonable amount. You would also need to acquire the assests, and working capital and an operating line and make an investment into the business. The Bank is the biggest challenge.

It took me a while to realize that your biggest asset are your CUSTOMERS. Inventory comes and goes, easy to replenish. You can have the best product in the world, without customers, you're not going anywhere. But, if you have loyal and returning customers, that's what will keep you in business.

It takes time to build a good reputation (years), bad reputation in a heart beat! A helmet here or there, doesn't matter. It can always be re-ordered. A potential buyer will get the business name, phone number, customers (most important), all the accounting files, computer system, web server (e-commerce), computerized phone system and my help if needed in the beginning to get established.

Expect to work long hours, it will be rewarding, but not easy until you get into the groove.

I would think that he went down the road of trying to find a buyer as it is the best option but given that he is closing, they were no takers. This is a good opportunity for someone who knows the business (has a small shop) and wants to expand, It is not for someone who will have to hire people to do the work.
    Actually I haven't contacted anybody, this was a fairly quick decision because another opportunity came my way I couldn't pass. Hopefully, I'll have more free time this time around.

R.
    Last edited by PannonSports; 09-21-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Pannon Moto Sports
    SHARK HELMETS

905 369 0561
    169 Crumbie St. unit 4
    Mississauga (Streetsville), ON L5M 1H7
    Shop hours and rates
    Map

interested in those as well
    Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Any iridium CR9's for sale?!

how much and how many do you have?

Well goodluck Rob You have had a good and loyal following from the gtam members !!!!!All the best in your new adventures
    Quote Originally Posted by PannonSports View Post
    It took me a while to realize that your biggest asset are your CUSTOMERS. Inventory comes and goes, easy to replenish. You can have the best product in the world, without customers, you're not going anywhere. But, if you have loyal and returning customers, that's what will keep you in business.

It takes time to build a good reputation (years), bad reputation in a heart beat! A helmet here or there, doesn't matter. It can always be re-ordered. A potential buyer will get the business name, phone number, customers (most important), all the accounting files, computer system, web server (e-commerce), computerized phone system and my help if needed in the beginning to get established.

Expect to work long hours, it will be rewarding, but not easy until you get into the groove.

Actually I haven't contacted anybody, this was a fairly quick decision because another opportunity came my way I couldn't pass. Hopefully, I'll have more free time this time around.

R.

Nooooo, this winter, I was going to get my KTM's top end coated with your special stuff. Maybe that would have fixed it's top end bearing wear issue.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Nooooo, this winter, I was going to get my KTM's top end coated with your special stuff. Maybe that would have fixed it's top end bearing wear issue.
    Not to worry, I'll be doing coatings from home, I'm setting up a small shop

R.
    Pannon Moto Sports
    SHARK HELMETS

905 369 0561
    169 Crumbie St. unit 4
    Shop hours and rates
    Map

Robert, it was nice to meet you for the first time today. I picked up the rest of the Puralator filters for my ST and the rainsuit. I wish you well in your next venture.

~steven - south central 'ssauga

Rob's awesome, I showed up after closing cause I didn't know the hours and he opened up for me and helped me find a pair of boots. My friend showed up even later and she was let in too.

Owning your own business is tough, my father owned his own business and I would never want the hours or responsibility.

You got it right though, the biggest asset is the customers. If someone has the money to go into the business they should. Customers is what makes or breaks a business in the first years of being open. He already has that.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

You will be greatly missed Rob set me up with equipment when I started. I was looking forward to getting more stuff from him for my gf><. He is one of the only shops out on the west end that seemed to give me honest advise without trying to sell me something.

Any stands for sale? I'm coming from the east end and want to make sure its worth riding in a cage.

Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
    Any stands for sale? I'm coming from the east end and want to make sure its worth riding in a cage.
    Nope, sold out!
    Pannon Moto Sports
    SHARK HELMETS

905 369 0561
    169 Crumbie St. unit 4
    Shop hours and rates
    Map

Wow, I must say that I'm disappointed. This is a real blow to those of us in the Mississauga and Brampton area. However, family comes first. When I started motorcycling about a year ago I came to your shop for help. You were very professional and courteous. You helped me find a very good helmet that fit my head and you gave me a lot of good advice. My bike was also certified by you. I wish you all the best Rob! BTW, when is the last day for the shop? Furthermore, will you still be accepting customers for service?
    Last edited by Pedagogue; 09-24-2011 at 12:47 PM.

All the best to you in your future endeavours, Rob!

Thanks for the deals on the jacket and oil filters.

I came in with my little girl and bought the green nexo boots.
    Thanks for the nexo key necklace thingy you gave her... now she won't take it off.
    1st gen ZX10R
    "It's not a race!"

So this was the first store I relay went to to buy gear from. Ended up with 2 jackets and gloved while Dad waked out with 1 jacket, and a helmet. Since then I and famly have gotten jackets, helmets, and other items there. Always try to make t there when buying things like chain lube and such as you always carry odd ball hard to get things like that that beat out what most other people carry.

Going to suck having you gone but at the same time family ad such comes first. Considering I am working all weekend, that point hits home a little more as missing a ride with friends and my better half

I haven't used your services that often, but I always came to your shop excited and left happy. It's been all good service.

I don't blame you for the decision, life is short and there indeed are more important things than work, business etc.

Good luck to you and enjoy the life without a shop.

Cheers

Tried to make it in yesterday, got lost after getting off the 401 early to avoid the backlog @ Weston! Haha
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

Sorry to see you go Rob, but yeah, family's #1. Best of luck in the future
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

do you still have any extra small helmets left. the wind noise from the one i got last is really driving me insane.