'06 zx6r F1 light stays on...help

Thread: '06 zx6r F1 light stays on...help

Question '06 zx6r F1 light stays on...help

Hello:

I got a new problem with my '06 zx6r,which has to do with the F1 light.

It has been on for a day now, and it used to come on once in a while before in the past couple of months only.

I think it has something to do with my practise on power/clutch wheelies that I started doing since 2 months ago. Because the light never appeared this often before.

Some side info might be helpful for anyone who can help:

= Yoshi slip-on, no PC, no dyno
    - 14700km

anyone has seen this problem and know how to fix it, please let me know.

thank you
    Last edited by kickstartt; 09-15-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: grammar

Re: '06 zx6r F1 light stays on...help

Who installed your slipon, and did they install a servo rotation limiter when they did?

I have fixed 3 separate 05/06 636 FI light issues by adding one, because the people bought their slipon's used and only got the slipon and the servo rotation limiter was not given to them with the purchase.

yea i remember my mechanic did install the limiter, its just twiching. Now the stupid light is gone.

I gotta have it checked out soon.

thx for the reply Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by kickstartt View Post
    yea i remember my mechanic did install the limiter, its just twiching. Now the stupid light is gone.

thx for the reply Johnny
    The limiters (and the twitching they cause) sometimes makes the servo motor itself malfunction causing a FI light...

There is a diagnostic feature on your bike, it will tell you exactly what is causing the FI light. If you have the service manual its pretty easy to pull the code from the gauges

Quote Originally Posted by kickstartt View Post

thx for the reply Johnny
    Why dont you just get stunnters inc to fix it? they know these bike like the back of their hands....you know...and prob have all the parts in stock to fix your issue on the spot....

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Why dont you just get stunnters inc to fix it? they know these bike like the back of their hands....you know...and prob have all the parts in stock to fix your issue on the spot....
    Thanks, and thats no exaggeration, we usually have at least one spare for every part on any 03-2011 ZX6R.....And if we dont have a spare, we at least have a bike in the shop to swap parts for trouble shooting...

Last week alone, we sold a used ECU, rectifier, and stator for an 05/06 636 customer...Half the price of new part or less, and in stock....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Thanks, and thats no exaggeration, we usually have at least one spare for every part on any 03-2011 ZX6R.....And if we dont have a spare, we at least have a bike in the shop to swap parts for trouble shooting...

Last week alone, we sold a used ECU, rectifier, and stator for an 05/06 636 customer...Half the price of new part or less, and in stock....
    lol....yup..just stating the facts here!...just want to emphasize on "AT LEAST"....to the OP these guys are awesome, they will go far beyond any shop to make you happy and are extremely fair to you.

OP: if your bike gets serviced somewhere else, i'd suggest you switch to these guys.....you will save some $$ too